SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Poison of sour grapes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Poison of sour grapes

Eze 18:2 "The parents eat sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge."

Politics is a poison to the soul. It is why i do not vote. Don't get me wrong, I have opinions, plenty of them and I am not afraid to express what I believe. Yet since I don't vote I don't have to choose between the lesser of two evils, I just call evil wherever I see it whether it has a left leaning or a right leaning. The partisan spirit to me, is one of the great evils of the day and helps to corrupt the minds and souls of children as they listen to the sour grapes of their parents, whether it was bitter complaints about President Clinton or bitter complaints and rejection of President Bush, President Obama and now President Trump.

With every passing generation for the last few decades we have seen hatred and bitterness and partisanship passed down like an ever heavier weight for our children to carry. The legacy that we pass to our children should be a legacy of faith and of joy and of peace in God. We should be equipping our children to find the living God and serving Him all the days of their lives, not caught up in a slough of despondency. This current hatred of President Trump will eat into the children, that are being raised with it, like a cancer and draw us ever further apart as a society. Once we teach our children to reject authority then hell follows in its path and society is drawn down into the abyss. The children's teeth are set on edge, God, help the children......bro Frank

2017/12/26 17:59

Re: The Poison of sour grapes

Sobering post my dear brother, but I wholeheartedly agree with you. Thank you for sharing, living by example, and praying.

Love you!

2017/12/26 19:55

Re:

Thank you Caleb, I was going to name it the high cost of sour grapes because there is a high cost to pay for even a root of bitterness..............bro Frank

2017/12/26 23:55
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
The legacy that we pass to our children should be a legacy of faith and of joy and of peace in God. We should be equipping our children to find the living God and serving Him all the days of their lives, not caught up in a slough of despondency.

Equipping our children in a world that is on fire is no easy task and must be considered very carefully and prayerfully.

God's call upon our lives and the lives of our children is to love and to be one with all who are in Christ Jesus, and then to let God's truth speak into the whole sphere of life and society.

We must teach our children that it is their responsibility to touch the whole church and the whole society. This is to teach them how rich Christianity and God's truth are. Our faith touches the whole life. Jesus is Lord if He is Lord of the totality of our life, including all the social and political and cultural life.

Our children must learn from past mistakes. God will raise a testimony in them that will turn the churches and the society around, and at least slow down the slide to a totally humanistic society.

In Christ,

2017/12/27 10:24Profile
dspks

Dakotas

In response to appolus:

I would suggest NOT to use this verse to establish any opinion or doctrine.

You are entitled to your opinion BUT you are using this verse TOTALLY out of context.

The Lord will NOT allow my children to use my actions (ie. politics, anger, gluttony, etc) as an excuse or reason for THEIR actions/sins...

THAT is what the context of this verse is talking about.

2017/12/27 11:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I don't know exactly how to interpret this scripture, but I do believe children are negatively affected by their parents sins. I also believe sin can have far-reaching consequences, especially when children learn their parents ideas and emulate their behavior.

2017/12/27 12:20Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re:

In response to appolus:

One may have an OPINION/CONVICTION BUT most are neither biblical or factual.

The danger of both Convictions/Opinions is making them into DOCTRINE.

An OPINION may be a CONVICTION…

BUT it is not DOCTRINE.

2017/12/27 12:20Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re:

If one reads the context of stated verse... it explains itself.

Yes, I do influence my children... and yes, I will be held accountable for MY actions... BUT, my children are NOT prisoners to MY actions.

God's grace is GREATER than all my sin!!

The devil will use any resource he can to infiltrate our souls...

BUT...take heart parents:

Your children will be wholly held responsible for their decisions. The Lord will NOT use you as an excuse for THEIR choices!!

2017/12/27 12:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
dspks....One may have an OPINION/CONVICTION BUT most are neither biblical or factual.

The danger of both Convictions/Opinions is making them into DOCTRINE.

Your OPINION may be a CONVICTION…

BUT it is not DOCTRINE.

Slow down there Hoss! I never said anything about my opinion being biblical or factual, or making them into doctrine. If opinions are dangerous, you just voiced an opinion, saying my OPINION may be a CONVICTION, well that's your DANGEROUS opinion.

2017/12/27 12:31Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Here are the first few verses of Ezekiel 18 for greater context. I agree that the context of the verse used to support the idea is actually contradicting the idea that is being presented. Let us be careful about how we use the scriptures.

-------
The word of the Lord came to me: “What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:

“‘The parents eat sour grapes,
and the children’s teeth are set on edge’?

“As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. For everyone belongs to me, the parent as well as the child—both alike belong to me. The one who sins is the one who will die.

Read the remainder of the chapter for a greater context.

-----------

The idea brought forth though is not necessarily wrong. I don't think anything is wrong with voting per se, but I don't think it is a Christian duty by any means.

Also, we ought to train our children up in the way of the Lord. We ought to shine as lights in the darkness. When all peoples are putting their hopes in who the next president will be, we ought to be putting our hope in Jesus. God is handing our nation over to our own depraved minds. But if our nation should repent and turn to Jesus, then the blessings of the Lord will come upon us individually--not this materialistic nonsense that is promoted today, but holiness, righteousness, peace, and joy in Jesus Christ. No terrorist attack or crumbling of any stock market can take that away from us.

2017/12/27 12:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy