Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The price of revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

The price of revival

The Price Of Revival
By Emily Waddell

The price we must pay individually for revival is BROKENNESS! "The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit" (Psalms 34:18). "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise" (Psalms 51:18). "To this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at My word" (Isaiah 66:2).

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy, I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones" (Isaiah 57:15).

Are we willing to pray the prayer--"Oh God, break me, melt me"? When we as individuals meet God’s conditions, then we will see results in the church and will strongly desire to get together as one in prayer and fasting on the behalf of the Body of Christ in the whole world.

"If My people which are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chron. 7:14).

"The world has yet to see what God can do through a person wholly yielded to God, and by the grace of God, I’ll be that person!" (D. L. Moody). This man became a broken vessel in the hands of God. Great revivals under such men as he, Andrew Murray, Wesley, Finney, etc., and men in the Bible -- always started with one man who got desperate with God. When God’s people saw themselves as God saw them and then humbled themselves, there was brokenness and tears, then rejoicing, because the fire of God’s Holy Spirit fell upon them.

Sacrificial Prayer

What is sacrificial prayer? It is to set aside a day or more in Covenant with God on the behalf of a crisis, or unsaved loved ones and friends, or for the need of a "deeper" walk with the Lord. It is separating ourselves from food and all that would distract from Him. Fasting especially means to abstain from eating. It is not doing without one meal or two (this would not be a sacrifice for many) but a whole day or more.

Your whole body becomes a sacrifice in prayer (Rom. 12:1,2). This kind of praying delights the heart of God and brings down His power. It has been practiced much throughout the Scriptures. Jesus felt the great need, and we are to follow His pattern in all we do. We are not our own but His, and no price is too costly if we really love Him.

In your covenant to separate yourself unto God, he expects you to draw nigh to Him "secretly." "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret, and thy Father which seeth, shall reward thee openly...But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head and wash thy face, that thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly" (Matthew 6:6,17,18).

Much emphasis is placed on service, but the greatest thing in God’s eyes is our love and devotion to Him, in our secret place of prayer. Without this -- service is rendered powerless. A measure of our love to God is the time we spend alone with Him. Then service will become fruitful. Without His love we are helpless.

The fire of the Holy Spirit has been quenched in many lives because of rebellion and sin. We need a spiritual awakening, for Christ is coming soon, and we must surely give an account of ourselves as we appear before Him! When believers get right with God, there will be a harvest of souls! Are we willing to pray the price for Revival?

Print Article

2017/12/19 13:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy