SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : So would love to preach in a church but do not feel comfortable with any denomations

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

So would love to preach in a church but do not feel comfortable with any denomations

Would so love to preach in a church being a street preacher but I so struggle with the problem of apostasy in the church with denomations like the Baptist , Pentecostals and other movements accepting the ecumenical and the interfaith movement
then there is the problem with things like seeker sensitive churches and the new apostlic reformation movement .
when I worked in the Christian bookshop I was positively looking for basic christian things such as basic christian doctrines defined by Walter Martin these are not things to do with eschotology but soteriology , the area of salvation .

With so many books from the prosperity gospel or authors denying things like the deity of Jesus such as John ortberg
I know I was so frustrated reading Christian book after Christian book , I think the only section I was relatively safe was the Christian classic section and the Bible commentaries section

I would so love to live in Israel

2017/12/17 4:13Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: So would love to preach in a church but do not feel comfortable with any denomati

Brother Dominic,

There are not many Denominational churches that will
allow anyone to preach in their church unless they have a seminary (cemetery) degree.

Brother, God will open doors for you. There are ministries like street and prison ministries, where the Lord is moving in powerful ways, and your reward will come from God and not Man.

2017/12/17 8:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Dominic- where do you get the idea that John Ortberg denies the deity of Christ? I know very little about him but even cursory google research shows this is not the case. In fact he led his church out of the Presbyterian USA denomination over the LGBT issue AND because of their stance on the deity of Christ.

2017/12/17 8:36Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

From his book !

John Orteberg- Book who is this man
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007JK5EW8/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

He actually says it in this book, he denies the deity of jesus in this book just simply calling him a revolutionary figure and saying that he is not the son of God !

2017/12/17 8:42Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

For such a serious accusation I would want to see actual quotes in context and not a link to a book. Better yet you could email him and ask him directly.

2017/12/17 10:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy