SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Persecution is just one event away

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Persecution is just one event away

In the early years of the Church, wild accusations were used as a weapon against Christians. Because some had heard them speak of the Lord's supper where they " ate His Body and drank His Blood," symbolically of course, they were wildly accused of cannibalism among other things. Severe persecution followed. In the last 10 years many things have been weaponized. Race, gender, information, and now sexual abuse. Mere accusation can ruin people's lives. This wild hysterical atmosphere, which itself has been weaponized, therefore multiplying its power exponentially, is tearing away at the fabric of society. The day is coming, soon, when the wild mob, no longer held at bay by the rule of law, will turn on Christianity. Today the cry is sexual abuse where people are presumed guilty and then ruined, tomorrow the cry will be "hate speech," and it's target will be genuine Christians who hold to a Biblical worldview. To stand upon the truth, in the coming days, will be to lose everything.

Young people with families will be especially tested I believe because of the pressure to put food on the table. In order to put food on the table in the time soon to come one will have to deny fundamental tenets of Biblical truth just to be able to work. If not and once labeled as one who is guilty of hate speech, that one will be fired right away without any due process and will be unlikely to get a job anywhere else. I am not writing to this to suggest this can be changed, I do not believe it can be changed, it is coming. I do advice all the saints to be prepared for this in any way the Lord leads you to............bro Frank

2017/12/15 12:51
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Persecution is just one event away

I have a question about the members of the underground church in China (or N Korea)because I honestly don’t know— do they work jobs, are they all self employed etc?

If they do they obviously are not advertising their faith in their work place.

2017/12/15 13:51Profile

Re:

That is a good question Todd, I dont have any idea, maybe someone else could answer that...............bro Frank

2017/12/15 16:46
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Persecution is just one event away

I am not disagreeing with you Frank but it seems to me one of the greatest evils that dogs society and church people is lying. Unflattering reports are being circulated so that truth is difficult to discern. This results in trust being destroyed. This is in here, not out there.

Yup, been there and am seeing it first hand. "Who are we to believe?" folks ask.

Sandra

2017/12/15 22:17Profile

Re:

Todd asks...

I have a question about the members of the underground church in China (or N Korea)because I honestly don’t know— do they work jobs, are they all self employed etc?

If they do they obviously are not advertising their faith in their work place.

▪▪▪

It varies Todd. In China those saints who live in the urban areas do work jobs in business and government. But they have to be careful about sharing their faith. In the countryside those saints who are involved in the more fervent underground churches generally work on their farms to supply their needs.

It's hard to say what the saints do in North Korea. This is a Hermit Kingdom. It is hard to get reliable information out of North Korea. My guess is that those saints if they do work have to keep their faith the secret. If they are discovered by the North Korean government immediate execution would be a mercy. Otherwise the saint will have three generations of their family imprisoned in a death camp.

In oersecuted nations some of the saints try to be self-supporting and work in businesses. It depends on the level of persecution that they are enduring. But some times they are dependent upon the Lord to supply their needs and what we would call miraculous ways.

In terms of being vocal about their faith in the workplace realize some of these Saints are house church leaders leading networks of saints. They have to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves and depended upon the Holy Spirit in terms of when to share their faith. One word uttered could jeopardize their lives and the ministry of their house church networks. Again it comes back to radical dependence upon the Holy Spirit.

This is from the reading I've done in my prayer ministry to the persecuted. I hope this helps answer some of your questions. You might go to the websites of Open Doors and Voice of the Martyrs for more information.

Blaine

2017/12/16 10:37

Re:

Good information bro Blaine. I see a very different problem that is going to impact the Church at least in the west. As an open society, many of us share our faith at work, online, among our families and so on. Companies and corporations will, I believe, adopt a zero policy on what they call hate speech. Problem with hate speech is that it is not defined. Lets say someone at work asks you if you think homosexuality is a sin (The prime minister of Great Britain was asked that during the last election) and you give an honest answer, it will probably be grounds for immediate termination without any due process. If you share your faith on Social media and someone at works sees it and reports it, again, grounds for immediate termination. It might even be that workers are required , as part of their contract, to acknowledge the fact that certain lifestyles are legitimate...........bro Frank

2017/12/16 11:16
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thank you Bear for that info.

It would seem that being wise as serpents in a persecution situation would involve holding certain info close to your vest.

For example, I am sure that believers in N Korea have not always told the 100% truth when asked certain questions because to do so would result in great harm to their families and themselves. The question is whether this sort of deception is acceptable in Gods eyes. Since the underground churches seem to be flourishing I would think that God understands their predicament at the hands of an evil State. Why do evil men deserve the truth from someone they intend to kill or imprison if the correct answer is not given?

2017/12/16 11:59Profile

Re:

I think part of the problem was that in the early church they believed martyrdom was a high privilege and to suffer scourges and other tortures was a great honor. They refused to honor the Roman gods in the public square and they and all of their family were killed for this.............bro Frank

2017/12/16 14:09
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Quote:
If you share your faith on Social media and someone at works sees it and reports it, again, grounds for immediate termination.

ha... been there, done that, got the T-shirt :)

Well, I did not get fired, cause I do not work. But after posting 2-3 sentences on my facebook timeline, saying that the definition of marriage is given by God and no one can change it (not even the lawgiver), some of my colleagues got so angry with me... (and usually nobody except my sister or few, very few other people react to whatsoever I post).

Two days ago, I spoke with a student, and told him, I believe there is a truth, and truth is exclusive by definition. And he said, "Yea, but when you say that you are going to get in conflict with other religions. What about the Muslims for example?" - "Well, Jesus had that too! [problems with other religions]", I answered. And it was so spontanious, he agreed.

So folks, persecution may have different shape or form for every one of us. But suffer we must, with joy, in love, with trust in God. We are not following ideology, not serving a theory, but putting our hope in the living God, to whom be glory and honour forever!

2017/12/16 14:50Profile

Re:

Believing that we are in the close out of redemptive history. I need to ask myself am I willing to stand for the truth of Jesus. One of my ministry sisters is always fond of saying that truth is in a Person and his name is Jesus.

The question I put to myself is am I willing to stand for that Person even if it means dying for Him. Am I willing to live out the reality of Jesus in my life even if it means my martyrdom.

Questions only put to myself.

Blaine

2017/12/16 18:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy