SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Most Western Europeans No Longer Believe in Heaven and Hell, Survey Finds

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Most Western Europeans No Longer Believe in Heaven and Hell, Survey Finds

https://www.christianpost.com/news/most-western-europeans-no-longer-believe-heaven-hell-survey-209270/

2017/12/11 5:14Profile

Re: Most Western Europeans No Longer Believe in Heaven and Hell, Survey Finds

even people do not believe the heaven and hell, it does not make heaven and hell not exist...

:)

2017/12/11 12:39
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Europe is like a boiling pot that will continue to boil off the water until all that is left is the residue. But the residue of God's people will remain, and when it is poured out, it will flavor everything into which it is poured.
God will do with this residue of believers what only God can do, bring about a massive change that brings life.
The nations that receive this residue, like receiving leaven, will find God's power to raise them up, all who partake of this bread will be fed.

2017/12/11 21:02Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The scary thing is the surveys of christians who cannot name the four gospels or that most christians believe that good works will get you into heaven rather than faith alone and in Christ alone and by grace alone.

The Scandal of Biblical Illiteracy
https://answersingenesis.org/christianity/scandal-biblical-illiteracy/

The scandal of Biblical Illiteracy and this survey on the fact of heaven and hell is the tip of the iceberg to how little Christians know

Jehovahs witnesses the first things that denied was Hell and that led to a flurry of other doctrines. We need Doctrine but also need the holy spirit!

2017/12/13 17:26Profile
dohzman

The Lord allowed an Angel to take me to a place just above outer darkness and hell and he explained to me that the doctrines of hell were gifts to the church to stop suicide or slow it down and that most churches no longer preach.or teach about hell and that in part was why the rise in suicide.

2017/12/13 22:27Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Dominic: Interesting article.

I'll just hint at what might be contributing factors to biblical illiteracy.

1. Ask how many bring their bibles to a Sunday service, are required to open them and read from them as the sermon proceeds? You'll find most millennial's have phone programs, I only know one guy that takes notes on his phone during service.
2. Ask how many men bring a bible and expect to open it at a men's bible study? You'd be surprised how easy it is and how common it is to see a men's study where their participation is so nil, opening a bible to actually read from it is rare. I currently attend one where we read a chapter that morning...which is really rare.
3. Ask how many women are in women's groups that require study, preparation and answering questions when they arrive to the group. Dare say if they are like the men...virtually nil.
4. Youth groups are bible-lite to begin with, actual study of scripture for memorization, gospel ministering, understanding theology is rarer than an atheist in a Holy Ghost meeting.
5. The pastor expects his leaders to know and read systematic theology, Church history, apologetics and biblical theology, I currently don't know of any that did so in all my years of being a Christian.
6. The elders are well versed in theology, and are excellent textuaries; this is something I saw 35 years ago...but only found in reformed and some Baptist Churches.
Some pentacostals and Charismatics will attempt personal study that absorbs that much time.

The effect of all this? When the leaders, elders, pastors, youth ministers have so lightly esteemed the scriptures and the knowledge of God...is there any question now why biblical illiteracy is so common?

Now there are gleaming examples of biblical literacy and highly esteeming the word of God among leaders and their congregations...but as you see they are the minority.

Connected to this is the total lack of a Christian worldview that filters how to vote, how to witness, how to engage the culture, how to raise children, how to live with your spouse, how to say no to trendy sin-tolerant preachers and lots more.

2017/12/13 22:33Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have the Bible on three different devices including the audio bible , in the age we live now there is no excuse for Bible illiteracy , as you can pick up bibles for like 1.99 paperback and then there are Bible apps

We live in a age with so much light but people love darkness

2017/12/17 3:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy