SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Church that Jesus is Building

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Church that Jesus is Building

We all can look at the Church today and it is very easy to see all of her faults and failures, and it is difficult even to imagine how will we ever come together in unity with all of the different denominations that cannot even agree on much of anything and are divided and in disunity.

Much of the visible church that we are seeing today is not the Church that Jesus is building, but it is the church that man has built, and Jesus is not even in most of these church buildings, but is on the outside knocking on the door.

The true Church of Jesus Christ is not found in a building, but can be found wherever two or three are gathered together in the Lord's name. There is nothing wrong with the Church that Jesus is building, because He is the master architect and His workmanship is perfect. Jesus Himself is the foundation of the Church. He is the chief cornerstone, and we are the living stones that are being fitly formed and crafted into a holy temple for the habitation of the presence of the Lord.

The Church is a work in progress, and God has given gifts to the Church, the ministries of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers to perfect the saints for the work of the ministry until we all come into the unity of the faith, unto full maturity which is the full stature of the Son of God,

God does not see many churches in a given location, but He sees the Church in every city. The saints of true Church of Jesus Christ are scattered in various places throughout the world. There are many believers that are being called out of the denominational systems of men and are meeting in small groups, in home meetings, and wherever two or more are gathered in His name.

God has placed leadership within His Church, and these leaders are subject to the Head and the absolute authority and leading of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is preparing His bride, and she will be a beautiful bride without spot or wrinkle. The Church that Jesus is building is a victorious Church, a remnant of overcomers that are going on to full maturity, sons of God that are being conformed into the image and likeness of Christ.

The Church that Jesus is building shall be called a House of Prayer.

The Church that Jesus is building is fulfilling the Great Commission, obeying the command of the Lord to go into all of the world and make disciples, followers of Jesus, that are denying themselves and taking up their cross.

The Church that Jesus is building are a people that are learning what it means to be led by the Spirit of God and to walk in the Spirit.

The Church that Jesus is building are a people that are seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, whose main desire in life is to know Him in the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings.

2017/12/7 10:05Profile
bejkuy

Woodburn, OR

Re: The Church that Jesus is Building

Wonderful words dear brother. Thanks for the reminder.

2017/12/7 15:09Profile
amajesticone

Massachusetts

Re: The Church that Jesus is Building

Thanks for sharing, Mike,

A few months ago, the Holy Spirit hovered over that conversation that JESUS had with His disciples telling them "I" ..."I" will build MY church, and I will build it with those to whom My Father has revealed who I AM to. As JESUS said to Peter, "you are a stone," I hear Him saying "Mary, you are a stone, and Mike, you are a stone, and _____, you are a stone. He is fitly framing together His "spiritual house" with "living" stones. "He places the members in His Body as He desires." (1 Corinthians 12:28).

I then read an awesome message in T. Austin-Sparks book,"Union With Christ." In Chapter Six "Vocational Union," Sparks writes, "Is the Lord found in us, and is the Lord found in the midst of us? If He is, that just satisfies all His requirements. He does not want the elaborate and ornate structure. "Where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." That is the house of God...it is determined by the presence of the Lord, and anywhere, amongst any two or three, no matter where that may be or who they may be, if God is found there, that is the house of God, and that is all God wants"...."The Lord simply says, Give Me living stones together, and that is all I want. Do not try to improve on that. You can gather more living stones: that is the way but that is all I want--living stones in an inward "togetherness" firstly because it is union with Christ. Christ united, Christ in His oneness. The Lord says, Give Me that, and I will make My presence very real."

And..."What is needed is a few living stones, not to discuss doctrine, theology, the technicalities of Church order or anything like that, but to speak of the Lord, to be occupied with the Lord. If the Lord is not enough to occupy us for all our days here, there is something wrong with us."..."If you want to know God's presence, be occupied with His Son...."

Great Chapter! Great Book! Can be found on austin-sparks.net
💜
Mary

2017/12/7 15:59Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

And..."What is needed is a few living stones, not to discuss doctrine, theology, the technicalities of Church order or anything like that, but to speak of the Lord, to be occupied with the Lord. If the Lord is not enough to occupy us for all our days here, there is something wrong with us."..."If you want to know God's presence, be occupied with His Son...."

Amen Sister Mary! Thanks for sharing! T. Austin Sparks nailed it.

"Where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." That is the house of God...it is determined by the presence of the Lord, and anywhere, amongst any two or three, no matter where that may be or who they may be, if God is found there, that is the house of God, and that is all God wants"..

2017/12/7 18:05Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Principles of Building the Church Part 1
by Stephen Kaung

https://www.christiantestimonyministry.com/#/item/1684

"Only Christ can build His Church, the only thing that man can build is a tower of Babel."

2017/12/7 19:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy