SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why I personally don't believe in a Pre Trib Rapture (Resurrection)?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

this issue has affected what church i go to

2017/12/11 5:16Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
by staff
All of these posts regarding the Trubulation differences have been answered infinitum on other SI Tribulation posts to the point of nauseam.

It has been but "IF" this topic can still be discussed without people taking the opposition "personally," it can be of benefit.

The problem always lies with people not being able to take anyone disagreeing with them personally and then they get in the flesh and respond sarcastically and condescending to those who dare disagree with them.

I say have at it, my friends, because I always learn something new from good discussions!!

God bless,
Lisa

2017/12/11 12:58Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

I think this issue speaks very well to following the commandments of men (Darbys Pre-Trib rapture) and following the Spirit of Truth (there is only one coming of Christ, at the last trumpet).

I would not sit under the teaching of a man who blindly accepts what he has been taught by men as the truth of God. Such a man is not in a place to teach the Word of God in truth. Unfortunately this is what we have in Christendom today.

2017/12/11 18:26Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

The pretrib believers will come to knowledge during the 70th week. Pretrib "professors", like all other nominal believers who have no real conversion, will fall away. True believers will see. Seems to me there is a need for urgent truth speaking on one hand for those in the pretrib camp who will see earlier rather than later, and grace and patience in the other for those true believers who are going to be rudely enough awakened. It is not as simple as I have laid it out, though. But, for now, it is my own decision on how to be sweet to my pretrib brothers and sisters.

2017/12/11 19:04Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

There is a terrible war going on. We cannot see it but we feel it and see its results.

Yet, sometimes we act as if there is no war, there are no struggles in the heavenlies or demonic darts being thrown.
So we address each other and treat each other as if that soldier can be discharged from duty at the mere suggestion of another soldier. The Captain has enlisted many but because we do not venture to the trenches and do our battles from our tents the only thing we aim at is one another.
A peace-time mentality says "I do not need him, for he is disagreeable to me". In our foolishness we thin our ranks while the enemy increases his.
I do refuse a two stage rapture teaching, nevertheless I pray my rapturist brothers will point their weapon at the real enemy, let falsehood be destroyed, let that kingdom come down.

2017/12/11 19:06Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Lisa...
The problem always lies with people not being able to take anyone disagreeing with them personally and then they get in the flesh and respond sarcastically and condescending to those who dare disagree with them.

Lisa, this is so true, I don't have any problem with someone agreeing or disagreeing with me, none of us here are God, so all any of us are doing here, is trying to interpret scripture. Our interpretation of scripture doesn't make it fact, God is the ONLY one that has the facts.

We may differ over the interpretation of a particular scripture, especially a problematic one, everyone cannot be right. Maybe no one is right, so long as we identify our interpretation as our opinion, I do not think we are in trouble. But I say, when we teach our opinion as absolute truth, we are venturing into dangerous waters.

2017/12/11 19:31Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
MrBillPro
But I say, when we teach our opinion as absolute truth, we are venturing into dangerous waters.

I think you nailed it with this statement, brother... "when we teach "OUR" opinion as absolute truth."

:) God bless,
Lisa

2017/12/12 0:41Profile
docs

Re: Changes to the timing of the Day of the Lord

Another largely unknown fact regarding the pre-trib view is the changes that the pre-trib view has undertaken regarding the timing of the Day of the Lord. Paul told the Thessalonians that the Day of the Lord would not come before the revealing of the man of sin (II Thess 2:1-3). So critics of the pre-trib view began to ask why Paul would be instructing the Thessalonians about the coming of the Day of the Lord, the day of Christ's second coming, if he believed the Thessalonians were going to be raptured seven years or so before the Day of the Lord. This created a quandary for the pre-trib camp and the pre-trib scholars pulled somewhat of a fast one and changed the previous held position they had maintained. Instead of continuing to teach that the Day of the Lord was to occur at the end of the tribulation they began to teach that the Day of the Lord begins seven years before the second coming which had always been maintained as when the Day of the Lord was to occur at Christ's second coming. Now they taught that the Day of the Lord covers the entire length of the final seven years and the tribulation. In other words, if you can't get someone to come to the mountain and acknowledge that Paul's words to the Thessalonians concerning the timing of the Day of the Lord created a quandry for the pre-trib view then take the mountain to them by changing long held doctrine. Now you have come up with an ingenious way to solve the problem of why would Paul be speaking to the Thessalonians about the coming of the Day of the Lord if he believed they would not even be around when it occurred because they had already been ruptured.

The early Scofield Bible published around 1913 has very clear notes specifically and very clearly stating that the Day of the Lord was to occur at the end of the tribulation at Christ's second coming. The 1967 Revised version of the Scofield Bible contains a complete reversal and has notes teaching that the Day of the Lord begins at a pre-trib rapture of the church and Christ will return approximately seven years later. This exegetical sleight of and is known in scholarly and academic circles but virtually unknown by the common lay person in the pew.

2017/12/12 12:40Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Lysa,
Thats what I was saying that the other sides to the debate were discussed infitium but .....very important but their were a couple of new interesting points brought up that were not discussed in detail..urs staff

2017/12/12 13:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy