SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Kings and the Great Harlot by Anton Bosch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Kings and the Great Harlot by Anton Bosch

There are three main players on earth during the last days – Satan, the Antichrist and the False Prophet. Even though they appear on the scene near the end, the principles that they represent have always been with us. Satan has done his dastardly work since before the Garden of Eden and there has always been those who oppose and seek to take the place of Christ: “And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” (1John 4:3). Those who are forerunners and minor fulfillments of the final Antichrist are antichrist (Note lower and uppercase). There have also been numerous personalities that foreshadow the ultimate fulfillment of the Antichrist – Antiochus Epiphanes, Nero and Hitler (to name a few). The fact that they were not the ultimate fulfillment does not minimize their evil. They stand as warnings to us that the final fulfillment of Scripture in the form of a world ruler who will attempt to take the place of the Lord Jesus Christ as the King of kings will certainly be fulfilled.

While many Christians are somewhat informed about the Devil and the Antichrist, they are less informed about the third person of the Satanic trinity – the False Prophet. Just as the Antichrist has his forerunners, so the False Prophet has his forerunners and principles that underlie his essence. We read about the False Prophet in Revelation 13:11-18. He occupies a central position in the drama of the last days and is symbolized as the beast from the earth.

The False Prophet has characteristics that are the ultimate fulfillment of the same principles that were manifest in each of the forerunners:

1. He appears to be religious (Jewish in the Old Testament, Christian in the New Testament). He has horns like a lamb – a counterfeit of the Lamb of God (Revelation 13:11). He performs miracles, as if He is a true prophet (Revelation 13:13,14).

2. He is in alliance with, and supports, the political power of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15-16).

3. He persecutes the true believers (Revelation 17:6).

Just as the Antichrist seeks to replace Christ, so the False Prophet seeks to replace the prophets of God.

Thus, we have Satan seeking to usurp God, The Antichrist seeking to replace Christ and the False Prophet taking the place of true ministers of the Gospel. However, there is a fourth figure: The Great Harlot – supplanting the Bride – the Church.

She is called the “Mother of Harlots”. The Bible never accuses the world or the heathen of committing spiritual adultery, but in the Old Testament, Israel is accused of adultery when she forsakes the Lord and enters into an illicit relationship with idols. (Ezekiel 16, 23; Hosea 1:1- 14:9 etc.).

In the New Testament, the Church is the bride, betrothed to her Husband, the Lord Jesus. But, she is also warned of the potential of adultery: “Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:4). Thus the spiritual harlots profess to be the Lord’s people, but have forsaken their true Bridegroom, Christ, and entered into an adulterous relationship with the Devil and the world and in the process made God their enemy.

Common to all the minor fulfillments of the False Prophet and false wife is an alliance with the political powers of the day. This alliance gives the political entity power over people that would not normally submit to an evil potentate. In exchange, the false prophets receive recognition, fame, money and influence. Here are a few of many examples:

1. Balaam entered an illicit relationship with Balak the king of Moab and led Israel into physical and spiritual adultery for money. (It is also significant that the nation of Moab was born out an illicit / incestuous relationship).

2. Israel rejected the Lord and His prophet (Samuel) and turned to a political system of kings for their answers, protection and help (1Samuel 8:7).

3. Solomon married Gentile women who undermined his relationship with the Lord and seduced him to worship idols.

4. Ahab, king of Israel, married Jezebel, a Gentile woman, thus entering into a forbidden relationship. Jezebel used this unholy alliance to lead the people of Israel into idolatry and, true to the spirit of the false prophet, persecuted and killed the true prophets.

5. Many times Israel was seduced to enter into unholy alliances with Gentile nations in order to win military battles (Isaiah 30:1-7; 31:1; Ezekiel 17:15; Hosea 11:5 etc.). This is the same spirit of adultery in that they forsook the Lord and put their confidence in the arm of flesh, yet the Lord says “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.” (Jeremiah 17:5).

At the time of the Lord Jesus’ earthly ministry, the Sadducees had entered into an unholy alliance with Rome. They were given sovereignty in the practice of their religion and governance of the temple, money, and influence. In exchange they were to keep Israel subjugated to the Roman overlords. The High Priests and rulers of the Temple were all political appointees by Rome from the party of the Sadducees. It was this adulterous relationship and political expediency which led directly to the crucifixion of our Lord (John 11:49-50).

I trust by now you can see that the false prophets of the Old Testament always led God’s people away from the Lord and into an adulterous relationship with false gods and that whenever that happened, it incurred God’s wrath and ultimately led to their captivity: “The Gentiles shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity; because they were unfaithful to Me, therefore I hid My face from them. I gave them into the hand of their enemies, and they all fell by the sword.” (Ezekiel 39:23). The Lord is a jealous husband and requires that his bride be faithful to Him alone.

For the first three centuries of the church, she was persecuted by Rome and thus there was very little opportunity for the church to enter into a relationship apart from the Lord. However, in 300 AD that all changed: Constantine came to power and married church and state. Constantine himself presided over the council of Nicaea, which would establish the doctrine for the organized church for the next 2,000 years! Not only did the emperor preside over the council but he had a powerful influence over the final creed that Nicaea produced. The adulterous relationship between the church and the Roman government is arguably the worst thing that ever happened to the church and it, and its consequences, are still with us today. The relationship was often stormy and at times the state was the dominant party and at other times the church was. This was just as it is in any carnal marriage where there is a constant struggle between the two partners for dominance, control and power. However, in spite of these difficulties both partners have gained enormous political and financial power through the relationship and the marriage produced many illegitimate children in the form of many false churches, denominations and members. Just as in the Old Testament, the church had forsaken her Bridegroom in order to enter this adulterous relationship.

The Reformers were also not able to separate from their whoredom with the government and all of them sought to use secular rulers for protection, money, and judicial systems to persecute and martyr true believers. This was true throughout Europe and found its low point in Calvin’s Geneva where the marriage between church and state was taken to new extremes so that the church became the weapon of the state and the state the weapon of the church. This pattern was reproduced wherever the Reformation spread. For example in Arminius’ Amsterdam, all senior officers of the church were appointed by the government and in most European countries the government collected the tithes on behalf of the church. (A repetition of the temple tax levied by the Romans).

At almost the same time, an even lower point would be reached when the serial adulterer Henry VIII appointed himself as “Supreme Head of the Church of England”. He did this because the Pope would not annul his first marriage. It is interesting how his physical adultery mirrored what the church had been doing for 1200 years (do you see a pattern here?). 800 years later, the Monarch of the United Kingdom remains the head of the Anglican Church worldwide, including the Episcopal Church in the USA. As such, The “Supreme Governor” formally appoints high-ranking members of the church on the advice of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Notice that Christ has no say in the leadership of the church. He is no longer the Bridegroom nor the Head – the government is. And just as with Constantine, the Roman Church and Geneva, the church and government empower and authenticate each other and false prophets facilitate the harlotry.

In all these examples the central truth is that instead of the false church looking to her true Husband for help, support, protection, and blessing, she looks to her illicit lover – the government. In exchange, she supports, affirms and empowers the state. She thus forsakes her Husband and enters into an adulterous relationship with the world. (Just as in the Old Testament this adultery was facilitated, encouraged and promoted by the false leaders who would persecute and kill true prophets who warn against this infidelity.)

No wonder that He, the Lord Jesus, describes her as: “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” (Revelation 17:5). Notice that she is not alone but is the mother of harlots. Traditionally, Protestants have said that this is Roman Catholicism, and while Catholicism is the ultimate incarnation (and mother) of this evil, all churches and denominations that have forsaken their true Head to enter into an alliance with secular rulers are likewise her daughters and harlots in their own right (Revelation 17:5). Remember that the contract between a harlot and her client is that he gives her money and protection while she renders him services – this reflects the relationship between church and state.

Notice how the Harlot of Revelation does exactly what the false church of the past 2,000 years has done:

1. The kings of the earth commit fornication with her (Revelation 17:2).

2. She sits on the Antichrist and is carried by him (Revelation 17:3, 7).

3. She is wealthy and lives luxuriously (Revelation 17:4).

4. She martyrs the true saints of Jesus (Revelation 17:6).

5. She controls many peoples (Revelation17:1, 15).

This brings us to the USA in 2017: Many Christians and churches are again establishing a relationship between the state and the church. The government needs the votes of the church and the church needs the protections, “legitimacy” and esteem that comes from such a relationship. However, these are things that only the true Head of the true Church can provide. Only Christ can protect, legitimize and bring honor to His bride. But, because He is delaying His coming (Luke 12:45), she is turning from Him to another. The moment the believer and the church look to the government to provide what Christ alone can provide, they have committed adultery and forsaken the only true Head of the Church. (True to the pattern, the church is being encouraged to commit this adultery by false prophets who masquerade as true leaders of the church).

We have been deceived into believing that the government will help us, protect us, police morality in society and create an environment in which the church can grow and flourish. That is exactly the relationship that has been in existence in the USA for 250 years and for 450 years in the UK and Europe, and what has it produced? The church is declining spiritually and numerically at an unprecedented rate and is at an all-time low while immorality in society (and the church) is at an all-time high. 250 years of adultery has produced nothing except illegitimate children and false churches and cults. Yet many believe that the current American government is the savior of the church and that it will save the church and America (and even the world). It has not happened in the past and it will not happen in the future. When will we learn that endlessly repeating the same mistakes will not produce different results and that there is only One who can save, protect, keep and give legitimate offspring?

Almost without exception, the only times and places where the true church has prospered has been, and is, where the government is hostile to the church! This is not because there is some direct blessing in living in an unfriendly environment, but because it is in such an environment that the Church learns to look to her Bridegroom alone for all her needs and He in turn blesses her with true children and spiritual gifts.

Please note that I am not advocating civil disobedience. We are to obey the government as far as its laws do not contradict God’s commands (Romans 13; 1Peter 2:17; Acts 5:29 etc.). As such, we must fulfill our civic duties (Matthew 5;41; 1Peter 2:13-17), including voting (unless your conscience forbids it). We must pray for the government (1Timothy 2:1-2; Jeremiah 27:7 etc.) and pay our taxes (Luke 12:24,25; Matthew 17:27).

The many “prophecies”, public prayers and speeches by church leaders in support of Trump, or any other government – no matter which party, has led countless Christians to trust in man and the state, rather than the Lord. They have done exactly what the False Prophet will do in the end: “… and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast…” (Revelation 13:12). Each prophet in the Old Testament who put a stumbling block before the people of Israel and led them into adultery was severely judged and likewise the False Prophet and all who follow his example will be cursed.

By the way, whether a politician is “pro-Israel” seems to have become a litmus test to divide the good from the bad. In the process we have forgotten that the Antichrist will also (initially) be pro-Israel and will sign a peace accord with her!

It is noteworthy that the same spirit of the Old Testament Jezebel reappears in Revelation 2:18 and that “Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols” (Revelation 2:20). Just as the Old Testament type dies a terribly and ignominious death with her lover, the king, so too will the New Testament antitype die a terrible (eternal death) with her lovers. Even more significant is the warning that the Lord will also kill those who have been born out of this illicit relationship (Revelation 2:23).

Even though Nebuchadnezzar had been raised up by God for a specific purpose, the three young Israelites would not bow before his image. May there be others today who will confess: “our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.” (Daniel 3:17-18).

Dear friend, if you have posted on Facebook, tweeted or preached in support of Trump (or any other politician) and hoped in them for the protection of the church and its values, you have committed adultery against your Bridegroom and you will be judged with the Mother of Harlots unless you repent!

The voice from heaven is already calling: “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.” (Revelation 18:4).

“Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly... For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted – you may well put up with it!” (2Corinthians 11:1-4).

2017/11/27 19:01Profile

Re: The Kings and the Great Harlot by Anton Bosch

Excellent piece by brother Anton. His words should be heeded.......bro Frank

2017/11/27 21:25
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

This is a really good word. Nevertheless I take issue with some points that broadbrush the believer as false or following the false prophet.
I find this article full of excellent exhortations and warnings.
But there are what I perceive as biblical errors in regards to our conduct and citizenship within the nation we live.

I can elaborate if needed, but I don't want to turn every article into a controversy.

2017/11/29 21:41Profile

Re:

I would like to hear you elaborate bro Marvin and knowing bro Anton, I know he could handle any disagreements.........bro Frank

2017/11/30 0:50
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Hi Brother Frank: Ill be happy to share what red flagged me. First caveat...If I misunderstood something, I'll say so if corrected, Second If I am in error, please feel free to correct me so I will learn.

First of all, let me say there was so much good that was said, I want to be careful about contesting something I fully agree with ( though I put the puzzle together differently) if that makes any sense.

Quote: "Dear friend, if you have posted on Facebook, tweeted or preached in support of Trump (or any other politician) and hoped in them for the protection of the church and its values, you have committed adultery against your Bridegroom and you will be judged with the Mother of Harlots unless you repent!"

It's this piece that creates the red-flag. I agree our ultimate trust must absolutely be in Jesus Christ, I disagree where it is intimated that I am in spiritual adultery for using the Constitution or our laws for recourse to keep and maintain the rights and privileges Christians have in this country.
Paul used recourse by means of his citizenship to go all the way to Caesar to hear his case.
This act of Paul shows a dual citizenship and it provided a platform to witness Christ. Paul was no more trusting in Caesar than I am in Trump for using the laws of the land for protection and a fair hearing.

God ordained the powers that be. Rom_13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

This ordination as they have been providentially fashioned for our Nation are God's agents for peaceful and godly existence. I don't think I need to explain God's use of means to accomplish his purposes...so I'll assume there is no disagreement there.

Protection of the Church by God has been by the use of mean (laws, government, rulers, miracles, angels ) therefore the use of them or petition of God for them to act in our favor is not spiritual adultery and has so many godly examples in the Old Testament they're almost clique'.

Secondly, the true bride is by no means perfect and will not see perfection until we put on immortality, therefore it's too extreme to call the true bride in danger of judgment with the great whore for spiritual adultery.
I will not try and split hairs here because individuals can and do commit spiritual adultery and Jesus is dead set against it and by his grace and mercy purges us of the lingering effects of Adam's fall. Yet showing support for our leaders and expecting God to answer the prayers of the righteous to deliver us from ungodly and wicked men is found everywhere in scripture, the quote from Daniel is taken from Nebuchadnezzar's wisemen, who he lavished gifts, and made them lead prefects with Daniel after the Dream and interpretation were made.
They faithfully served, they prayed for him and sought to give this man their best service as unto God.
We know if they were godly they would not have been disobedient to the spirit that spoke through Paul. Col_3:22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

It is right the 3 Hebrew men didn't bow to the golden image and we should never bow to the images portrayed in our media as well.

It is these things that caused a disagreement. Though I found the insights about the False prophet exceptionally profound and worthy of a read and re-read to take it in.

It might also be noted the coming out of Babylon is spiritual, I am not leaving the world until the Lord removed me at his time. Therefore as was explained by Brother Anton I have civic duties and responsibilities and with these also come privileges and rights that by God's goodness he can use in my favor for his glory.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain...and I hope it was not a tedious detraction that adds nothing to what was said.

2017/11/30 2:25Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Yes, the idea that for Christians to run for political office or to support Christian candidates means that they are "trusting" in man and not God for provision and protection and are therefore "harlots" is taking it too far I think. I suppose the author would have us to be completely apolitical and not raise any objections to the moral downward slide of society that we are witnessing in today's world.

I did like most everything else expressed in the article.

-Daniel

2017/11/30 9:31Profile

Re:

Thanks for the clarification bro Marvin. Let me requote the paragraph you quoted.........

""Dear friend, if you have posted on Facebook, tweeted or preached in support of Trump (or any other politician) and hoped in them for the protection of the church and its values, you have committed adultery against your Bridegroom and you will be judged with the Mother of Harlots unless you repent!"

It is not lost on me that brother Anton is not from America, nor am I so it is very possible that he sees something that might be difficult for an American to see. I personally think you could say good things about President Trump and not be committing adultery. I think you can be glad that someone more sympathetic to the Christian cause is in power and thank God for it. I also believe you can vote in elections ( which I personally do not) and choose the better of the candidates in your opinion and not be sinning.

I think the key phrase and where Anton is coming from is when he says "and hoped in them for the protection of the church and its values." I have sympathy with Anton on this part. As someone from another country, many times I have been dismayed at the amount of trust American Christians put in their form of Government and constitution and founding fathers. Many times it seems that they equate some of the founding documents with Scripture especially as it relates to so called freedom. Perhaps we would agree that political freedom is something secular and very different from the freedom that is found in Christ?

So, if we are hoping and putting our trust, for the Body of Christ, in anything other than God Himself then I agree with Anton that this would need repenting of. This would be adultery and there is coming a time that this will be put to the ultimate test. As someone who does not believe in a pre-trib rapture, I believe that every single Christian of the generation that faces the mark and the great persecution, will have to choose whether to follow the government and the world or the Lord and His Church. This will truly be a separating of the sheep from the goats, this will truly be the challenge that the Lord speaks of in the first three chapters of Revelations where all the promises are to those who overcome, those who endure to the end. Many Christians will not endure this. Some may argue " well, they were never Christians in the first place." I would simply disagree. You can have a birth right and sell it for a bowl of stew..........bro Frank

2017/11/30 9:31
savannah

Re: quote of note

Marvin quoted Anton,

Quote: "Dear friend, if you have posted on Facebook, tweeted or preached in support of Trump (or any other politician) and hoped in them for the protection of the church and its values, you have committed adultery against your Bridegroom and you will be judged with the Mother of Harlots unless you repent!"

More quotes from Anton;

"When churches invite politicians to speak from their pulpits, bestow honor on them and endorse their campaigns they are not following the examples of Jesus or Paul. They are clearly operating in the spirit of the last days when the religious world will give authority to, endorse, and convince people to follow the Antichrist. Even in Daniel’s prophecies it is clear that the Kingdom of God does not co-exist with the kingdoms of this world, but rather, it will destroy and replace this world’s kingdoms."

"...it becomes abundantly clear that any church which enters into a relationship with a politician is making an clear-cut statement – that it is indeed part of the false religious system and therefore part of the Great Harlot of Revelation."

"While we may be appalled by churches who flirt with, and court politicians, we should not be surprised at all. It has all been predicted and is additional proof of the soon return of our Lord Jesus Christ. If you attend a church which hosts or endorses politicians, then you must flee from it. No good can come from it since the daughters of the Harlot will be destroyed with her. Do not think this kind of system can be reformed as it cannot – it is not neutral but fully in the camp of the Devil. All you can do is escape from there as soon as possible. If you are a Christian leader who is tempted to promote yourself and your church through such unholy alliances then you need to repent of your greed, pride and lust for power."

"Don’t think that politicians will promote or protect your church. If you get into bed with the world’s systems, nothing will protect you against the wrath of the Lamb. But, if you remain faithful to Jesus, nothing, not even the gates of hell will prevail against the true church. There is no gray area on this issue. It is black and white – it is dark or light."

2017/11/30 10:57Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Awesome! These have been my thoughts a long time. The world promotes fear. We are not to live by fear. I see a lot of fear of the tribulation and people wanting to set aside silver, gold, a cache of guns and a stockpile of food. All fear. What we need is oil in our lamps. I never saw the disciples begging for food.

It's time to leave the image that Nebuchadnezzar saw alone. It will run it's course. Many of the OT stories must play out yet; Jacob and Esau, Ishmael. Rome removed from Israel and the kingdom restored. The four horsemen seem to be about the image of Nebuchadnezzar as well; the false impersonator, then war against those who don't want his way, then you won't be able to buy of sell unless you give into his way, (Money changers), and then the last horse where the wild beasts or wild man Ishmael (Islamics bring the world to it's knees.

Amazing that it is man who brings the world down having been deceived by Satan.

The lumber from the tree of good and evil has been used for the worlds foundations a long time and that tree is everywhere. The fruit and harvest from that tree is great. the swan song of the world is going all the time; buy this, try this, feel young, be rich, and on it goes. That fruit won't last or the wood the distance. It didn't in the first world and neither will it in the second. We must lay the ax to that tree in our life; make sure we don't participate in it's evil. The tree is in our home, It's called a TV. We need to be very wise as things are moving fast.

2017/11/30 13:14Profile
proudpapa

RE : /// No wonder that He, the Lord Jesus, describes her as: “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” (Revelation 17:5). Notice that she is not alone but is the mother of harlots. Traditionally, Protestants have said that this is Roman Catholicism, and while Catholicism is the ultimate incarnation (and mother) of this evil, all churches and denominations that have forsaken their true Head to enter into an alliance with secular rulers are likewise her daughters and harlots in their own right (Revelation 17:5).///

What about the Jehovah Witnesses and all the other many cults that pride themselves in staying away from politics ?
Are they not part of the harlot and her daughters ??

2017/11/30 13:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy