SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I'm greatly astonished!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

I'm greatly astonished!

I'm greatly astonished that those men who are preaching the narrow way of Life are labeled as a "CULT", whereas those famous preachers who are preaching LIES are PRAISED!

2017/11/24 19:59
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: I'm greatly astonished!

1. What is the narrow way?

2. What lies?

In Christ: Phillip

2017/11/25 14:12Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
by Christinyou

1. What is the narrow way?

2. What lies?

Evangeline,

Ditto to Phillip's request!!

And I would add what "CULT"?

2017/11/25 17:57Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: I'm greatly astonished!

I think he means the people who are preaching that ... being changed by over flowing grace by faith alone is the only way that we are meant to change.

Which is in contradiction to the preaching of taking up our cross, walking the narrow way and denying ourelves to reach a place of over coming as requested by the Lord in Revelation 3.

The grace alone teachers are being exalted it seems.

2017/11/26 10:49Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If I had a cross I would still be hanging on it.
The only Cross I can take up is the one I am crucified with Christ on. His Cross to me is death unto life of sin and resurrection unto Life in Christ which Wisdom, Righteousness, Sanctification and Redemption of which God has made unto me all that Christ is from before the foundation of the world, The Life of God in Christ in me. Bringing the life of God in Christ Jesus back from the death Adam procured in Satan for all of us. Christ is life from the dead, and I will only take up His Cross where I was crucified with Him unto new resurrection life in Christ. I don't have to take up any other cross, just believe and confess if I sin. Who puts us to blame and who reproves us now? Who makes us holy, unblameable and unreproveable? Colossians 1:22 In the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight:

2017/11/27 3:28Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

The thing about that Philip is it is implying that there would be no need to obey Christ .
If the Lord has left us with such a state of perfection there wouldnt be any need to repent when the Lord convicts us.

Repenting is truly following Christ. Its leading us to the death of our old self.

The Lord by convicting us wants to lead our old man the flesh to the end of themselves where we will leave behind our sins in this world .

So that we can walk in continual close fellowship with him, and he has our hearts that can no longer be drawn back into the world.

We are being saved still.

2017/11/27 6:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I believe Evangeline is referring to a comment in the “sports car” thread where someone made reference to an “Amish cult”.

2017/11/27 7:13Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Thank you Todd. I dont know why they would start a thread and not come back though.

2017/11/27 7:46Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// I believe Evangeline is referring to a comment in the “sports car” thread where someone made reference to an “Amish cult”.///

They indeed are a cult.

To better understand what they teach and how opposed they are to the true Gospel.
I would recommend the BBC Documentary "Trouble in Amish Paradise" you can find it on Youtube.

2017/11/27 15:36Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

David wrote;

"""The thing about that Philip is it is implying that there would be no need to obey Christ .
If the Lord has left us with such a state of perfection there wouldnt be any need to repent when the Lord convicts us."""

The scriptures are plain and simple. There is none not no condemnation for those that are in Christ. Romans 6:11-12 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Does this imply that there is no need to obey Christ?

I can repent all day long to no avail. There is Godly repentance which is the repentance that matters. This repentance must come from conviction of sin by the Holy Spirit and the granting of Godly repentance by God the Father a true life changing repentance unto being, "being alive unto God through Jesus Christ". I am dead to sin which is what I am supposed to reckon myself to be. If by this revelation I then fall into sin and convicted by the Holy Spirit, what now? Repent? No, but this is what 1st John is all about; 1 John 1:1-10 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

This takes care of sin cleansing and cleansing from all sin by the Blood of Jesus Christ. I will not put Christ on the Cross every time I repent from dead works, He died once and that is the top of the list to forgiveness of sin, through HOLY SPIRIT conviction and God granted repentance through confession of sin to be Holy and presented to God by "Christ in me the hope of glory".

The death of my old self was accomplished on the Cross by Jesus Christ, once forever because I believe, not leaving behind the preaching of perfection in Christ; Colossians 1:28-29 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2017/11/27 15:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy