Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Seeking God with All Our Heart - Tozer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Seeking God with All Our Heart - Tozer

Seeking God with ALL Our Heart:

I have previously shown that any Christian who desires to may at any time experience a radical spiritual renaissance, and this altogether independent of the attitude of his fellow Christians.

The important question now is, How? Well, here are some suggestions which anyone can follow and which, I am convinced, will result in a wonderfully improved Christian life.

1. Get thoroughly dissatisfied with yourself. Complacency is the deadly enemy of spiritual progress. The contented soul is the stagnant soul. When speaking of earthly goods Paul could say, "I have learned to be content" (Philippians 4:11); but when referring to his spiritual life he testified, "I press on toward the goal" (3:14). "So stir up the gift of God that is in thee" (2 Timothy 1:6, KJV).

2. Set your face like a flint toward a sweeping transformation of your life. Timid experimenters are tagged for failure before they start. We must throw our whole soul into our desire for God. "The kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it" (Matthew 11:12).

Verse
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Thought
A holy dissatisfaction arises when we look in the mirror of God's Word. What He has for us is far beyond what we have so far experienced. But when we seek to know God with all our heart, He will be found.

Prayer
Lord, I want to grow not just tomorrow or in the the years ahead but now, today. Show me what it means to seek You with all my heart.

2017/11/19 10:52Profile
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re: Seeking God with All Our Heart - Tozer

Amen and Amen!

Today I get in the mail The Essential Tozer and look forward to the crucified life part.

#1 is fairly easy

#2 is a challenge. It becomes easy to try your own transformation but is a challenge to let the Holy Spirit have it's way.

So for me a holy disgust comes easy
a yes Lord more difficult.

Does Tozer have anything to say on the compulsion/desire to "start something new"? A new project or a new anything? That is such a temptation against #2. The "what a good boy am I" sure can get in the way of what Gods whats to mold.

Sorry for prattling. This post sure did speak to me and make me think!

2017/11/19 11:25Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Seeking God with All Our Heart - Tozer

Amen and Amen.. Great Post. I love Tozer..

I pray that I never stop changing what the HOLY Spirit shows me I need to change. Create in me a clean heart oh GOD and renew a right spirit in Me.. Circumcize any areas in my heart that are not all yours LORD..

There is another good book Leaning into the Wind.. great read for all the Tozer lovers on here.

Blessings
in Christ
Sister Frannie

2017/11/19 15:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy