SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : sport car

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

sport car

There are these preachers who are happy to be gifted by a sport cars. Come to think of it... Is Jesus Christ will be happy to be gifted by a sport car? the very same Jesus Christ who commanded to sell your possessions and give to the poor, and follow Him?

2017/11/15 16:30
TMK

NC, USA

Re: sport car

Evangeline do you mean someone gives a sports car to certain preachers, or that certain preachers buy sports cars for themselves?

2017/11/15 17:32Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Was thinkin the same thing brother Todd...

I seem to remember a sermon where Art Katz had been gifted a Cadillac and he loved it... He spoke of resisting the urge to drive it faster than the speed limit and how (for him) that would’ve been sin -

2017/11/15 17:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Here we go! :-)

2017/11/15 18:30Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Could someone help me here, I need the right equation so that what I do and possess gives me the appearance of spirituality.

Me plus sports car 45K = unspiritual
Me plus SUV 70K = non-sports car = spiritual
Me plus Mercedes sedan 90K = spiritual
Me plus wrecked sports car 5K = unspiritual
Me plus Maserati sports car = damned to hell
Me plus two Harleys, RV trailer, 60K pickup = spiritual

Or
Me plus old car 1K plus hidden envy for SUV = spiritual
Me plus scooter 2K plus coveting neighbors wrecked sports car = spiritual

This is serious, because I prayed for the old car...My prayers answered, I prayed for the SUV unanswered, I prayed for my home, prayer answered, I prayed for money for school clothes, wifes wedding ring, that suit I wear to church to look presentable all answered.
The problem is I am judged for all of it.
I am not providing well because I have a bad running car, I am coveting and unspiritual because I wanted the SUV, I am wasting money because I bought new school clothes instead of salvation army style. I threw caution to the wind and purchased a 1ct diamond wedding ring for my wife, surely I must be a woman-pleaser but not a God pleaser with such extravagance. And anyone wearing a suit to Church must be unspiritual because suit represent the old establishment...and we know Jesus hates that.

A long post to say, when you set up litmus tests of spirituality by what a man owns or what a man drives there is only one viable conclusion; the grace of God is removed and personal rules and regulations must be imposed.
Those who impose them of necessity judge themselves as more spiritual and that spirituality has one true function...condemn those who are not like you.

This is not an argument in favor of greed, lust, coveting, envy or wastefulness...my intent is to show that a "sports car" is no sign of either spiritual or unspiritual without knowing what the character of the owner is like.

2017/11/15 19:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Evangeline I think the best policy is to not worry about what others have or do- leave them to God. If it upsets you that a pastor drives a sports car then you don’t have to attend his church but like Fletcher said some very godly men drive nice cars.

2017/11/15 19:36Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Ha! Well I drive a 46 yr old international with no heater or a/c so you know what that makes me?
Crazy!!
Sweaty and cold,... alternating tween the seasons and I love it:)

2017/11/15 20:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Fletcher, I may just have you beat, I live in a 33' travel trailer on an acre of property, and drive a 1998 GMC...Can I be a Preacher? :-)

2017/11/15 21:07Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Well...internationals and travel trailers are on my list...you aint getting in past the pearly gates. Now if you had a ford... and you blacked out the windows on the trailer I'll put in a word with Peter.

Im sure Evangeline was serious now Ive taken this thing into silly.

...but you still aint getting in.

2017/11/15 21:45Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Marvin, a little humor here would not be a bad thing, can I get an Amen! My friends all ask me, Bill why don't you build you a nice home on that property, you know what I ask them, how many homes did Jesus own? So it appears I'm in good company. :-)

2017/11/15 22:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy