SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Intentions of the heart by Alan Martin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Intentions of the heart by Alan Martin

What causes people who are in covenant with God to abandon His laws and annul their covenant responsibilities? Through Ezekiel, God singled out one primary reason that I have been attempting to grasp. The particular word used to describe the primary cause is Strong’s # 1760 - ενθυμημάτων. This word describes “the desire driven thought process” that causes a person to choose the direction he or she goes.

Here is one of God’s summary statements where this word is used 23:49 -“and your ungodliness shall be imputed upon you and the sins of your INTENTIONS (ενθυμημάτων) you shall bear and you shall know that I am the Lord.”
This same word is found in Hebrews 4:12 - where the living active word of God pierces deep, dividing and judging even the thoughts and INTENTS (ενθυμημάτων) of the heart.”

The word itself is rare in the New Testament, but the idea is prominent.
Men receive not the love of the truth because they “take pleasure in unrighteousness.” Sound doctrine does not suit the INTENTIONS (ενθυμημάτων) of those more concerned about their own desires than pleasing God.

Men develop a mindset based upon what they WANT and that combination of desire and reason becomes their operating INTENTION - “the thoughts of their heart.”

Lusts leaven logic and thus the “mind of the flesh” is formed - hostile to and unable to submit to God because carnal desire has influenced the internal thought process.

Only those who have been “cleansed of heart” will see God. May our Lord cleanse us from this sinful sensual sanity. Men abandon God and His ways because they desire something more suitable to their flesh and they develop the internal reasoning to justify their self-created INTENTIONS!
This word - STRONG’S 1760 is found in these other passages: Ezekiel 14:5,7,22,23 / 16:36 / 18:6,15 / also
Psalm 119:118 / I Chronicles 28:9

2017/11/14 9:18Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Intentions of the heart by Alan Martin

Amen Brother Greg
Only those who have been “cleansed of heart” will see God. May our Lord cleanse us from this sinful sensual sanity. Men abandon God and His ways because they desire something more suitable to their flesh and they develop the internal reasoning to justify their self-created INTENTIONS!
This word - STRONG’S 1760 is found in these other passages: Ezekiel 14:5,7,22,23 / 16:36 / 18:6,15 / also
Psalm 119:118 / I Chronicles 28:9

One of the things I love about King David was that He looked at his own heart..
Psalm 51:10-12King James Version (KJV)

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit

May we daily all look at our own hearts. in JESUS name.
Sister
Frannie

2017/11/15 10:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy