SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Receiving the Holy Spirit and Assurance of Salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
seagullterror9

Receiving the Holy Spirit and Assurance of Salvation?

Hello again users of sermon-index, I am really thankful for this community of believers online; and all the help you've given me.

Today, I have another question. How does one receive the spirit of God and assurance of salvation.

I was baptized in July of 2017 (this year). And, in all honesty. I do not know if I have truly received the holy spirit, I don't [really] believe I have. As of now, I don't have a church I really go to. Although I go to church once or twice a month.

I am currently fighting an addiction, which is a besetting sin.

My question is when does the Holy Spirit come in?? How do I KNOW its there?? How can I feel assured of my salvation, I feel saved some days and damned on others.

God Bless ~

2017/11/12 15:45Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Receiving the Holy Spirit and Assurance of Salvation?

Hi Key,

I could tell you my experience but that would not help because it was my experience, not yours, and we are all different.

We can only return to God's Word for the answers:

From John's epistle: "He who confesses that Jesus is the Son of God will find that God lives in Him and He in God. And how will we know that God lives in us? By His Spirit Whom He has given us"

The realisation may come immediately or after a time, however according to scripture one cannot be born again and be a child of God without the action of the Holy Spirit within and the assurance He brings to our spirit with Himself when He comes to indwell us.

He will "witness" with our spirits that we are indeed children of God.

In Romans, Paul says:" we have received, not a spirit of fear leading to bondage again, but a Spirit of adoption by Whom we cry out, Abba Father!"

So a Christian will certainly have a spiritual "sense" that something has changed on the inside, that they are a "new creature" and that they have a relationship toward God they never had before, one of a child to his dear Father.

God bless,

2017/11/13 5:32Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Am in agreement with what brother William wrote:)

Only to add that in every case I’ve witnessed (including mine) there was an immediate insatiable hunger for righteousness and holiness in the persons life which was/is characterized by not only a radical departure from the old life in readily observable ways but also for His word, which literally opens and comes alive:)))

Blessings Key~

2017/11/13 8:02Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Key: I think that part of the confusion might lie in the perception of salvation that many give us. Salvation, in a sense, is like a doorway that we walk through. The goal, the end game, is not the doorway, but it is who waits for us on the other side of the doorway. The analogy is this. Salvation is not about saying a certain prayer or going through a certain ritual so that we can be forgiven of our sins. That would be to focus on the door. Salvation is about entering into relationship with a living God, and this happens as we die to ourselves (repentance of dead works) and receive what He has offered us (faith toward God). God's whole desire is relationship with you, personally.

So, my advice is this. If you are simply done with your old way of life. If you desire relationship with God. Block out a day to spend with Him. Seek Him in prayer and His word. Determine to spend time with Him until you experience His presence. He desires to know you intimately and personally. He will speak to you.

Second, begin to renew your mind to the truth of His word. If you are born again, you have become a new creature. The old is passed away and all is made new. If you are born again, He has made you righteous. That is your new identity. Don't get your identity from your own feelings and emotions. They cannot be trusted, AT ALL! Get your identity from His word. Live in that word until what you read on the page leaps into your heart and you know that you know that what His word says about you is truth.

Third, find a very strong church home to fellowship with, and be there every time the doors are open. Find a place where God is moving among the people. Find a place where you are seeing other people's lives changed in a radical way by God. Go to a place where you see fruit, and commit yourself to that fellowship.

2017/11/14 10:05Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Key, do you believe the above scriptures? If yes, you have the assurance that you are save and being saved you have the
Spirit of Christ living in you, with the Holy Spirit to teach you Who He is in your new live in Him.

If you don't believe the above scriptures read them and memorize them and ask God to make them truth in your mind. Every time you have any question about your salvation, bring the writings to mind to remind you of what God has said In Himself to give you certainty of who you are in Christ, a new son of God by the only begotten Son of God now living in you.

This is the fulfillment of the Word of God that you are saved, not by man but by the Testimony of God Himself.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is Christ who gives you faith and repentance unto salvation. This Christ in you is made of God who you are and what to expect your life will become.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

It is not what you are, but what God has made you in Christ. Welcome to the Journey it is a road we all have to travel. God will never forsake you or leave you, He will work in you for the rest of eternity to bring to the finish of who you are in Christ. This is your sanctification and work of God in you.

God bless you brother: In Christ: Phillip

2017/11/17 0:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy