SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Have you ever been hurt to your spiritual core ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Have you ever been hurt to your spiritual core ?

What would you do if you spiritually dead to your core of your being and you need God to help you and you cannot do anything on your own unless God does something?

I feel like that at the moment I know God wants me somewhere and I do not know how to get there and I want God to awaken me to the very depths of my being as I just feel damaged there ?

I also feel like I am intellectually at a dead end ?

Is there any of you that sometimes feel that both spiritually and intellectually you are at a dead end?

2017/11/11 18:33Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Have you ever been hurt to your spiritual core ?

Hi Dominic:

Yea sure have. I spent around 7 years of intense study in apologetics and theology. I was on the battleground constantly, engaging in this debate and that, preaching, teaching, serving always. I was worn out, I was beginning to war after the flesh, then if that wasn't bad enough I wasn't receiving fresh empowerment and rest from the Spirit of God.
I became so focused on those topics and engaged in defending the faith I didn't defend myself with mental rest, easy biblical feedings and walking in joy with my Lord. So after a while, I was depressed, sad, worn out and dead inside. I was saved, loved and knew God...no doubts, but spiritually I needed a getaway and God provided me one. So for almost two years, I put down the vast majority of theological and apologetical works, left all discussion groups, stopped debating altogether, left off writing on my blogs, and shut down myself.
That was a really good thing God had me do. I was able to recoup, refresh, get back in spiritual shape, renew my passion, find new heart and life in my endeavors for the Lord.
Maybe this is not exactly you, but I do know the true sense of deadness and emptiness of spirit...even when I was obedient to what God had me do...be encouraged to shut down anything that's draining you.
Make it very simple on yourself. Bible feedings that minister life and power to your soul, prayers, and worship that allow you to re-enter the presence of God with genuine authenticity, cries for help and renewal.
Take leave from the battlefront for a while. Engage only those times you know the Spirit is granting permission.
Do not go back into the battlefront until you are well and you know it.
hope this helps.

2017/11/11 19:32Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Have you ever been hurt to your spiritual core ?

Yes.

2017/11/11 22:59Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I am ok I have been going through an interesting time with changing churches, my brother getting a divorce and then remarrying and then a job rechange but also feeling spiritually dry. I have been studying alot. I dont think my life will ever be out of the battlefield not until I get to glory.

Daniel 7:25

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

I so need a revival in myself and somewhere I can discuss scriptures to the depth, I recently broke my ipad mini screen which I use for my Bible.

2017/11/12 11:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy