SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : remarriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: True Repentance over divorce, remarriage

My friends, red letter edition:

Matt 12:31 - And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Every sin, every single sin is forgiven (except blasphemy), when we ask, every single one.

Jesus himself said this but it sure seems I'm reading that some are saying that they are not forgiven, am I wrong?

2017/11/8 21:58Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Lisa: I do hope I am not conveying the error that adultery cannot be forgiven.

But again, this venue is the wrong venue, we don't have all the facts, we don't know the back story, we have not heard his side of the story. This is not to impugn Sherri at all, its just that "reading between the lines" should not be how Sherri understands our positions or accepts or rejects our counsel.

2017/11/8 22:24Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Naw Lisa, you’re correct, you know how I know, I’m reading out of the same bible as you are, mine says the same thing. Some folks just like to pour out that bucket of condemnation upon our heads, do I need to read you what my bible says about condemnation, O I forgot we’re reading out of the same one. You know if we all reminded ourselves just how big of an old sinner we are when we post, I bet the posts here would be more along the lines of forgiveness, grace and mercy. Personally if you have not been divorced, you can’t preach to me, how could you. If I’m in a plane and the pilot just died, I’m going to be looking for someone that’s flown a plane, not someone that’s just read the instructions. :-)

2017/11/8 22:36Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Gloryandgrace
Hi Lisa: I do hope I am not conveying the error that adultery cannot be forgiven.

But again, this venue is the wrong venue, we don't have all the facts, we don't know the back story, we have not heard his side of the story. This is not to impugn Sherri at all, its just that "reading between the lines" should not be how Sherri understands our positions or accepts or rejects our counsel.

Brother,

I never thought you conveyed that the error of adultery could not be forgiven. Nothing I said was toward you.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/11/8 23:14Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Grace:: (1)"The Devine influnce upon the heart, and (2) It's reflection in the life."

(1)'The hearing of the Word ,..(2) The doing of that Word.

Grace,that drawing of us to the will of God, and the ability to obey that Word, whatever that Word is.

Art Katz once said that Grace was God, Himself.

----------------❤️
elizabeth

2017/11/8 23:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
My friends, red letter edition:

Matt 12:31 - And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Every sin, every single sin is forgiven (except blasphemy), when we ask, every single one.

Jesus himself said this but it sure seems I'm reading that some are saying that they are not forgiven, am I wrong?

Sister,

When our Lord tells someone to repent and be forgiven they do not continue in the sin but repent (meaning a turning away from it). I cannot think of any other sin that can be forgiven but then continued with under forgiveness.

ie if we had a habital stealing problem and then were forgiven but continued to steal.

There is no verse that speaks of God forgiving remarriage and allowing the couple to stay together but there are many verses to warn in the opposite direction.

Can God forgive someone in this situation and allow them to live free from sin, I do not know? But what I do know is the clear warnings in scripture against remarriage in such cases. So if someone has a check in their heart by the Holy Spirit to repent of this sin and even separate to be single, who am I to stand in the way?

The teaching of David Pawson which I agree with this is to approach God even as a couple and acknoweldge it is sin and wrong according to the teaching of Jesus and Scripture. And then be willing to repent in anyway the Lord tells. Can couples stay together, I do believe it is somehow possible, but I would always encourage obedience to the Scriptures and any sense of conviction of which the sister is showing in this thread.

The encourage the opposite is covering over sin and perhaps doing a very dangerous thing to quench the convicting of the Holy Spirit over a life of a believer.

2017/11/9 8:29Profile

Woman of Samaria

I wonder what happend to that "Woman of Samaria" Jesus spoke with... Did she reconciled to her 1st husband or remain single?

I really wish all marriages are God centered so to save heart ache. There is really an eternal benefits when we die to ourself and follow the lead of Holy Spirit and do not give up to our spouse...

Now that you're living for the Lord, how to convince an unbeliever 1st spouse to reconcile to you?

2017/11/9 8:49
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Woman of Samaria

Brother Greg said......There is no verse that speaks of God forgiving remarriage and allowing the couple to stay together.

Is there a verse that speaks of God not forgiving remarriage? What does God not forgive? If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

If someone remarries and confesses their sin, would they have to divorce to truly repent? I personally believe that God forgives all sin, so if someone continues in that marriage, are they now living in sin? And can that sin be forgiven?

2017/11/9 9:29Profile

Re:

2017/11/9 9:43
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

(Edited)

I do agree that the blasphemy/ speaking evil of the Holy Spirit is the one unforgivable sin. One thought though. If there a person who has been living as a homosexual, but then they repent and ask the Lord sincerely for forgiveness....but then continue in the homosexual relationship, does God's grace now cover their sin?

Sis. Sherri, only after posting did I see your post on this page where you said:

"If I steal someone’s car and choose to make it mine, then years later I repent for stealing it, and choose to keep it because I’ve had it for so long already, would God bless that...honestly? I would have to say no. I took what was not mine."

May God bless you and continue to guide you by His Holy Spirit and His Spirit-Breathed word. And may we all have grace for eachother as we grow in Him and His truth.

2017/11/9 9:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy