Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tattoos and the Mark of the Beast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Tattoos and the Mark of the Beast

Leviticus 19:28New King James Version (NKJV)

28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 [Full Chapter]
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Revelation 13:16-18New King James Version (NKJV)

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[a] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

One thing I want to get straight is Tattoos will not send you to Hell as many christians have had them before they are saved, what I am trying to argue it is not a good thing to get them as God looked upon them in a bad way in the old testament and are God is the same , Yesterday Today and Forever. The Israelites were told not to have them because of the wickedness of the other Nations and if you do not understand how wicked these Nations are listen to this

Biblical Archaeology #10: Religion of the Ancient Canaanites #1
https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=42804213513

Tattoos are forbidden because it is worldly and the bible states

1 John 2:15
[ Do Not Love the World ] Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

I against tattoos because as the bible states that are body is the temple of the holy spirit, Why ruin a painting with Graffiti! or wreck a car with spray paint.

I have a friend who use to be a Tattoo Artist and he gave up because most of the people he was doing were witches and he was to paint witchcraft symbols.

When we look at the Origin of this subject that is originally where it Originates

Ex-Witch: How Tattoos Relate to Occultic Blood Rituals
https://www.charismanews.com/culture/57543-ex-witch-how-tattoos-relate-to-occultic-blood-rituals

I wish I could a sermon that I listened to on the origin of Tattoos

My Problem is that when the Mark of the Beast comes will Tattoos make people more open to the Mark of the Beast which will send them to hell eternally.

It seems our culture is being more slowly step by step being moved into Demonic Oblivion. To me we have along time before we step into the fact of the Antichrists reign but our society is definatly open to it.

I was talking to two Atheists about Revival and talking about Scotland and Wales where there was no crime and saying that would you want a society like that, they said no because they like the crime in society.

How many Christians are going to be taken in by the AntiChrist because he will probably do things such as rebuild the third temple, do miracle and other things.

To me things like Tattoos and other things are a slow gradual process so that people will accept things like the mark of the beast

2017/11/6 8:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Tattoos and the Mark of the Beast

Here we go again.

On a side note, I just learned that a lot of the imagery regarding the LOF in Revelation was taken from the Book of Enoch. Quite interesting.

http://www.nakedbiblepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Transcript-90-Lake-of-Fire.pdf

2017/11/6 8:39Profile
noone

United States

Re:

Thanks for the link TMK. I like to read Heiser and his perspectives. We have been trying to research Hell, lake of fire, etc...trying to really know what we think we know.

2017/11/6 15:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
My Problem is that when the Mark of the Beast comes will Tattoos make people more open to the Mark of the Beast which will send them to hell eternally.

There is truth in that brother, sadly many believers get tattoos following the trend of the world. it is a deception and could lead some into what you are saying is the ultimate deception the "mark of the beast."

2017/11/6 18:52Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Todd, have you heard of automatic writing? It's where a person does a seance or what have you and they are literally taken over by a demon, they have a note pad or something in front of them, and they are literally used as a channel or vessel to write what the demon wants.

Sounds awful, doesn't it?

But we have to remember that Satan can only counterfeit God's works.

Let's remember too that Satan is a bully and a coward and will take over weak vessels to accomplish his goals.

However, God is a gentleman. When the Bible was written (all 66 books and not a jot or tittle more), the authors like David and Paul would be the Holy Spirit's pen; they were willing vessels. This is how the Bible was written, not because Matthew or someone was reading the book of enoch or whatever and decided "this sounds scary, I'll put a 'lake of fire' in my gospel". The scriptures are God breathed.

2017/11/6 18:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Agreed Nigel to a point, because NT writers actually quoted from apocryphal books. They were very familiar with those works.

2017/11/6 19:22Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Todd, I don't believe they quoted from the Book of Enoch, as I've said in earlier posts the Book of Enoch is a total fraud, with text lifted out of the NT.

Also I don't believe NT authors quoted apocryphal works,; they didn't need to, they had the Holy Spirit guiding them.

God bless brother.

2017/11/6 20:18Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/hebrews-revelation/jude-14-quotes-book-enoch-it-scripture

I am certainly not suggesting that apocryphal books are scripture; however it is not really disputable that Jude references and actually quotes the Book of Enoch.

2017/11/7 7:27Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Yes it is disputable. I believe the Book of Enoch just lifted parts of Jude. It's a forgery. Jude would never quote a book that talks about 450 foot tall people. I mean really.

2017/11/7 7:53Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Notice in Jude, Jude quotes Enoch, not the Book of Enoch. Some enterprising heretic saw the Book of Jude and saw an opportunity to try to make it look like Jude quoted his book

2017/11/7 7:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy