Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Cross

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Marvin,

You are doctrinally correct on many points.

And the world needs to know all these things.

But I do not see the article as off track, just not in-depth.

Luke 18:15-16 -- And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Mark 10:16 -- And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands on them.

Isa. 40:11 –
Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arm He will gather the lambs
And carry them in His bosom;
He will gently lead the nursing ewes.

Blessings.

2017/11/14 2:18Profile

Re:

Quote: "Lord where is your power? "

Paul wrote: "I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to Him in His death,(Philippians 3:10)

2017/11/14 3:58
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Jade: My concern was from the idea that this is an example of "preaching the cross". So I resisted that notion.
The texts you quoted are those of Jesus tenderness and willingness receive the weakest of us.
This is tangential to my emphasis, but I realize as do the rest of us, not all sound and biblical preaching is a 'deadly sword hovering above our heads'.

There are times and places to preach the gentleness and kindness of Jesus and to minister healing and abundant forgiveness with great mercies. The Spirit of God knows when the cross is needed or the balm and salve that we might recover.

I believe both are essential (duh) and I hope my expressions for how the cross is to be preached is not to be construed as how all sermons are to be preached.

Thanks for the feedback.

2017/11/14 20:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy