SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Converted and as little children by N. Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Converted and as little children by N. Daniel

Mathew 18:1-4: “At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

The disciples were asking a question that ought not to be asked. There was no need for such a question in the kingdom of God. Yet the disciples were asking about greatness because they were still worldly-minded. In India, people are conscious of their caste, education and family. When they come to God, the Spirit of God removes these attitudes. Coming into the kingdom of God, if we do not grow, these old things will crop up again. Jesus said, “Except ye be converted ...” Many Christians are not converted, so they do not know what it is to humble themselves. As we confess our sins, we become humble. After conversion, we must become as little children. A little child does not think of greatness. It allows the mother to make all the choices for it. When we become as little children, we will not choose for ourselves. If you want real victory in your life, you must leave all the choices to God.

I have seen very poor people. The mother prepares very simple meals, but the poor children are happy eating the simple meals because they are served to them by the mother. As we grow in the Lord, what the Lord gives us brings us great joy. We wish to be unknown. It is a great thing to be unknown. Jesus lived unknown for thirty years. Only His mother knew who He was. She knew that all would be well even with people who were overtaken by big troubles if they did just what Jesus said. Jesus’ first message was to His parents. “Know ye not that I should be about my Father’s business?” The parents began to learn. How like little children they were! Jesus became the mother and the mother became the child. Those who are with Jesus will not be conscious of any of their merits. When you become like a little child, you will not be thinking of money.

How much [you are] learning from your Father will be the question with you. As you learn more, Jesus will become everything to you, and you will find everything in Him. When you find everything in Jesus, heaven is here. I saw Sunder Singh’s life and listened to his preaching. “I am in the kingdom of God,” he used to say. He took no store of food or money with him on his journeys, because his Father was always with him, he said. When He was hungry, God met his needs. As we become like little children, God becomes everything to us. Then you will not desire to possess anything in this world for yourself. When you come to that stage, your talents will be multiplied thousands of times and your usefulness will have no limit. You must be a child in the arms of the almighty Father. God led Abraham to that place. When he wanted children, God said, “I AM YOUR REWARD.” God waited till Abraham became a little child and then gave him a son

2017/11/1 7:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy