SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "What if Jesus meant..."

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: h's & c's

I for one haven't ignored this. That's the first thing I want to say.

Secondly, the question I asked about a Hutterite colony has nothing to do with being a calvinist or reformed.

Thirdly, I was not for a moment considering any move with my own family to any colony.

Lastly, the question was asked generally to any here on SI if they thought it would be spiritually healthy to do so.

Because, indeed, that's the very move Dean made, and presently lives in such a colony. And one of his children married one of the Hutterite colony members recently.

I myself have met Dean, and I have heard him preach in person.

2017/10/24 16:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is it a spiritually healthy environment to move my family (wife and several children) to a Hutterite colony, to live within the colony as members?

Dear brother,

For your question which could help others also, the christian community Dean Taylor joined is "ex-hutterite" so they are simple a "Christian Community" with some benifits of the wisdom of hutterite living and ways.

This is the communities website and you are free to visit as any other believers are on the site: https://elmendorfbelievers.com

Just thought to share this as a reference and clarification. Blessings to you.

Also towards what sister said, I believe it is a very "good" practice for us to re-read at least the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) and ask the Lord did you really mean this and can I really obey this?

I read the verses last night and it again shocked me, and I found myself saying "yes" Jesus did mean what he wrote, let us follow in his way:

Matthew 5:37-44King James Version (KJV)

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

2017/10/24 16:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy