SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Righteousness is an Internal Heart Matter

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Blaine writes......

"Actually that begs another question. Can one be justified or declared not guilty before God and not show a change in their behavior?"

Good question that deserves an answer........bro Frank

2017/10/18 9:39

Re:

Matthew 5:20

For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

John 3:5

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

It seems that Jesus is saying that to have the righteousness that surpasses that of the scribes and the Pharisees. One must be born again in their hearts. Truly righteousness is an internal heart
matter.

Just a passing thought.

Bro Blaine

2017/10/21 18:21

Re: Further Thoughts.

If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine, and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.••• John 8:31-32

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! Do you not know that when you present yourself to someone as slaves to obedience, you were slaves to the one whom you will pay, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.••• Romans 8:25-18

Pondered the above truths in my time with the Lord this morning. Again it seems that there is a heart change that takes place that results in us wanting to be obedient to Christ. Again this Heart Change must be wrought by the Holy Spirit. This is not an external obedience to a code. But it is an internal obedience to the working of Christ in our hearts.

Our brother, the Apostle Paul reminds us in 2nd Corinthians,

••• Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away, behold new things have come.••• 2nd Corinthians 5:17

Does it expire a new heart by which we obey Christ. A heart of internal obedience. I was thinking on the truth of Romans 7,

••• But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldest of the letter.••• Romans 7:6

Jesus has set us free from an external code be at the law or anything else. By Him working in our hearts and joining us to Him we serve in a newness of the Spirit. Thus righteousness becomes an internal geart matter.

Simply my thoughts as revealed by the Holy Spirit.

Bro Blaine

2017/10/25 10:12
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Blaine writes......

"Actually that begs another question. Can one be justified or declared not guilty before God and not show a change in their behavior?"

I have heard this taught and I totally reject it. We are not justified in order that we might be right with God. We are not justified as a step in becoming right with God. Our death and rebirth accomplished in us the work of justification. I am now right with God because I entered into the baptism of death and rebirth. I died to the old man and to sin. I am now dead to sin. And I was resurrected to new life in Christ. This causes me to be right or just in the eyes of God.

Now if I have died and been reborn, it well necessarily result in a change in my outward behavior. I cannot become a different man in the spirit without that new identity manifesting itself in my outward behavior. A good tree will bring forth good fruit in the same way that a bad tree brought forth bad fruit.

I think we would fall into the other ditch if we were to try to say that a regenerated man, justified man, will always exhibit perfect behavior. I still live in unregenerate flesh, and I still miss the mark occasionally. But this is far different from saying that I am justified but no fruit to that account ever being manifest in my life.

2017/10/25 10:51Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I listened to a teaching by Paul Washer along time ago he said if a man gets run over by a huge truck and then gets up and walks away would we expect him to show no outward signs of it having happened? Simple answer no, by the same token if a man has a new birth experience with the LIVING GOD of heaven and earth would he walk away with no outwards signs of it having happened, again the answer is NO!

I think we have outwards sign, changes in behavior and attitude of heart because of that encounter with CHRIST. Because of who HE is and HIS now living in us we are different, changed. Not perfect, not sinless but growing to be more like HIM as we seek to daily live unto HIM.

GOD keeps bringing me back to this one simple truth. JESUS is ALIVE right now! HE is a person and HE wants to have a daily, moment by moment relationship with me, with us. How could I ever have a relationship with HIM and not be changed by it? I don't believe I could :)

God bless
mj

(ps The above is not an exact quote from Paul Washer but is the gist of what he shared in that teaching.:)

2017/10/25 11:26Profile

Re:

MaryJane writes...

"GOD keeps bringing me back to this one simple truth. JESUS is ALIVE right now! HE is a person and HE wants to have a daily, moment by moment relationship with me, with us. How could I ever have a relationship with HIM and not be changed by it? I don't believe I could :)"

Indeed my sister. The righteousness that comes out of our hearts is His indwelling Pesence on us. It is His Spirit that changes us, that transforms us, from one degree of glory into another.

Bro Blaine

2017/10/25 14:43

Re: Joined to Another

•••Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.  For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.  But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.••• Romans 7:4-6

Brethren as I reflect upon the above passage written by the Apostle Paul. I'm reminded what a dear brother once said to me. Our walk with Christ is not "regulational" but "relational".  In other words are conduct in Christ, our walk of practical holiness,  our behavior in Jesus, it's not governed by an external code of written regulation. Rather our walk of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is governed by the Holy Spirit writing his law of love in our hearts.   

Thus our walk of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is not governed by external regulation. For regulations enslave us.  But our walk in the Lord Jesus Christ is governed by the Holy Spirit who writes His law of love in our hearts.  Hearin is the freedom and liberty to be holy as unto the Lord Jesus Christ.  For where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. Not the llberty to sin.  But the liberty to serve out of a heart of love the Lord Jesus Christ.

For our walk a faith on Jesus is not regulational to an external code. But our walk of faith in Jesus is relational coming out of a heart of love that desires to serve Him.  

My thoughts.

Bro Blaine 

2017/11/4 7:55

Re: From Brother Frank

Frank wrote on another thread...

"The freedom to do what is right, towers above the prison and the chains of commandments.One is initiated by love, the other is enforced by the whip.Holiness comes from freedom and freedom comes from love . And this love inspires and draws us and compels us to honor and respect and obey our Father in heaven because His love is the very air that we breathe and the air before the throne is rarified air and if we cannot breathe this air then we die......bro Frank"

•••

I thought the words of our dear brother were so appropriate to include on this thread. That is that righteousness is an internal heart matter. Righteousness is an internal heart matter that comes out of a heart of love which the Holy Spirit has shed abroad in our hearts. Thus our walk with the Lord Jesus Christ is always "relational" and "not regulational".

Bro Blaine

2017/11/4 9:23
Elibeth

Re:

Re: you said,
"Righteousness is an internal heart matter that comes out of a heart of love which the Holy Spirit has shed abroad in our hearts. Thus our walk with the Lord Jesus Christ is always "relational" and "not regulational".

Dear bro.,
Are you saying,..

Righteousness is an internal matter,...that it comes out of His love for us,...and then out of our love for Him,..God,..(who is 'The Living Word'),
... and are you saying, that 'IT WORKS' by the love of God IN us, and our love for Him ?....(relationship)

You said,
"Thus our walk with The Lord is always "relational" and not "regulational"

I agree,..it is relational,...our relationship with Him, ..how He relates to us...
and how we relate to Him....an interaction,..of The Living God,....(The Living Word)

As for "regulational",...is that not what The Holy Spirit,...The Word that was born into us, has come into us to 'do' ? To regulate our life, to follow Him in the regeneration ?

It is a The Living God,...The Living Word,...our new Name, that He gave,..placed within us.,...and that Living Word / God has come to change us into His image.

NO,NO, NOT the law, to look at, and try to 'do'
,...No,...But 'it IS' THE SPIRIT OF GOD, that is born within,.. to lead us.Doesn't a son / child take on the fathers character likeness?

(Relationship and regulational)

My heart in this sooo important thought .
In truly heart of love for my brother s / sisters in Him,🛐

-----------------
elizabeth

2017/11/4 10:21Profile

Re:

Elibeth writes

"My heart in this sooo important thought .
In truly heart of love for my brother s / sisters in Him,🛐"

•••

My sister being punny you have gotten to the heart of the matter. Our obedience to Christ comes out of a heart that has been changed and transformed by His love. I hope to develop this later.

Bro Blaine

2017/11/4 18:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy