SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Just a question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Georgie

Just a question

Hi guys...how are you all?
I was just wondering what does it mean to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

Georgie

2005/6/21 14:37Profile

Re: Just a question

welcome to SI

go here to see this
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5925&forum=35

2005/6/21 15:00
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Quote:
Hi guys...how are you all?
I was just wondering what does it mean to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

Georgie

You should not need an article to figure this out. Blasphemy is a sin of the tongue originating in the heart. It is to speak maliciously against holy things.

This is a from Webster's 1828 Dictionary:

"BLAS'PHEMY, n. An indignity offered to God by words or writing; reproachful, contemptuous or irreverent words uttered impiously against Jehovah."

The Scriptures are clear as to what they mean:

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." [Matthew 12:32]

There you have it. It is to speak a word "against" Him.

Hope this clears things up.

RT

2005/6/21 15:15Profile

Yeah! Welcome Georgie!

This topic has been mentioned recently. There is a search box at the top of the home page. I took a while to notice it. It usually gives a choice of resources for more detailed listening or reading.

2005/6/21 17:43
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Georgie,

This Scripture and question used to beat me up. Men blaspheme God and Christ outwardly, which shows an inward resistance toward the same. Resisting the Holy Spirit, like the men of the council did that stoned Stephen in Acts 7:51, simply would not give in to the saving grace of God that Stephen preached. They would not repent and put their faith in Christ's works.

In other words, rebellion towards God and Christ can be forgiven, but rebellion towards the grace of God can't be forgiven, because we are saved by His grace through faith according to Ephesians 2:8.

So someone blasphemes the Holy Ghost when they inwardly reject the saving grace of God, by rejecting the gospel. Someone cannot be saved without the Holy Spirit. The gospel moves via Holy Spirit. It is the breath of God, just like at the creation.

John 6:63, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

John 8:37, "I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you."

Romans 10:17, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Hope this helps.

2005/7/2 0:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy