SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am not a christian, I am living in hypocrisy....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re: I am not a christian, I am living in hypocrisy....

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, with which you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one." Ephesians 6:16

"And his name—by faith in his name—has made this man strong whom you see and know, and the faith that is through Jesus has given the man this perfect health in the presence of you all." Acts 3:16

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through out Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 15:57

2017/10/3 11:20Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Thank God that the Holy Spirit is the One that is giving you this light. Many Christians are living lives that are contrary to what it means to be a Christian and are not even aware of it. The Lord chastens those that He loves, so that we can repent, and so that He can become Lord of all. I have had the Lord convict me at times that my confession of faith was not lining up with my walk. Thank God for His faithfulness!!

2017/10/3 13:32Profile

I feel I am in a very similar place, Evangeline. I sometimes find it hard to call myself a Christian. The fruit just seems so feeble on my life.

2017/10/3 18:58
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Christ in you is the hope of glory. It is not my faith or obedience that is faithful, but His in us. My faith and obedience in this life is pale to what we have in our new life in Christ, as we are resurrected of changed in the twinkling of an eye. "The life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and died for me": Gal 2:20 Praise God it is Him that is obedient and will give me the power to be obedient, maybe not in this life but in the next life I am secure in Him and His life in me, "The Hope of Glory": Paul speaks loud and clear; Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

The end of God In Christ, "It is finished"; The word of God fulfilled, Christ in you.

Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2017/10/3 22:21Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Evangeline: pardon me for asking.
Your post has garnered over 650 views, numerous ones given you counsel, many others offered prayer and no doubt others prayed for you as well, others offered encouragement and scripture to help you recover. Yet no response to any of this? I am puzzled.

2017/10/4 15:40Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

“The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.”-Romans 8:16-17

Evangeline, ultimately, it is God’s Spirit who will bear witness with your spirit that you’re a child of God if that is indeed the case. The best we can do as Christians is seek to test your fruit to see of what sort it is, as Jesus said we’ll know people by their fruit. If I knew you personally in real life I’d be in a better position to test your fruit. And if you weren’t doubting your salvation here on this forum I’d have to give you the benefit of the doubt that you’re a true believer in Christ unless I had good reason to believe otherwise. Since I don’t know you personally and since in your OP you are doubting your salvation, I don’t believe it’d be that safe or wise for me to say for sure whether I believe you’re saved or born again; even though you do seem to believe the truths of God's Word and show a big interest in speaking of the things of God here.

If you have not done so, I’d encourage you to check out Paul Washer’s sermon titled, “Examine Yourself":
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12829&commentView=itemComments

That sermon can do one of two things for us (among others). It can serve either to confirm our faith in Christ if we are in Him, or it can serve to convict and convince us of our unregenerate state and hopefully drive us to Christ in true repentance and faith in Him.

2017/10/4 16:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy