SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello there, I'm new.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
daveswife

Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, England

Hello there, I'm new.

Hi, I've stumbled onto this site by accident somehow but I am so glad to have found it!

I am married with 3 children, 2 girls aged 18 and 5 and a boy nrly 16. We live about 50 miles north of London in a town that is famed for making Aston Martin cars....(pierce brosnan waved at my son once as he was driving out of the factory...it made his day!). I'm at home full time and do various bits of voluntary work in my church and local community. I am 43 yrs young and became a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ at the age of 30 :-)
Before that..rather a chequered past.....drugs, drink and I suffered abuse as a young child up to my teens. I had a praying granny.....have been in same church I got saved in apart from a brief spell in a charismatic fellowship. Am back at the baptist church. Read a couple of books by AW Tozer that just made me spiritually very hungry.
Read book about Brother Yun and have a strong desire to see revival (true revival) come to these shores. Am very much awake now, thanks to God my Father and faith is being very severely tested in my day to day walk. I'm looking forward to trying to down-load some good stuff on here, as long as dh gives me permission and that it won't take up too much space on the computer!

2005/6/21 9:19Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Hello there, I'm new.

Hi daveswive,

Welcome to sermonindex. You will find many great resources here. Check out the featured sermons on the frontpage.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/6/21 9:30Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Quote:
Am very much awake now

Those five words caught my attention!!

One of my mentor's in Ministry, he began nearly every message with the line "It's a great day to be alive." And I will only add, it's a great day to be Alive and Awake!!

[i]"According as His divine power hath given unto us [u]ALL[/u] things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue." [/i]
II Pet 1:3

Welcome, and God Bless.

tonys

2005/6/21 9:50Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Welcome, daveswife!
Greetings from sunny south Texas!

This is a very awesome website. I was introduced to it some time ago...but I am just now beginning to realize what a treasure this is! There are multitudes of spiritual messages here that have lifted my spirit more than I could ever say! And the discussion forums are great for sharing things on your heart -- from praise reports to prayer requests to doctrinal discussions!

If you ever need some help with this site, just go to the FORUMS section and post a question, or PM someone.

Anyway, welcome! Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Jeremiah 29:11-13
Matthew 5:8

:-)
Chris

2005/6/21 11:38Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

8-)God blessing are all over this world. I read of faith and Belief on this site daily Welcome!!!
You can also use floppy 3 1/2" to put your down loads or disk. God Bless you in your walk from this side of the pond :-D

2005/6/21 13:22Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Yes indeed welcome Daveswife.. something about these 'accidents'. :-)

Quote:
Read a couple of books by AW Tozer that just made me spiritually very hungry.

Though it gets redundant for everyone else, [i]that[/i] is precisely the summerisation of turning from where I had been to the day of discovery here... and it just keeps getting better. Think you will find much to feed on here and hope you are truely enriched and encouraged through it all.

A warm welcome to you!

2005/6/21 15:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy