SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : praying continuously?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

praying continuously?

should I pray continuously to those Lukewarm professing Christians/Friends I know that the day will come that they will be sold out to God?

I know that there is power in prayer but it is discouraging that they are really living for this world even I shared to them some sermons about living for the Lord, they do not appreaciate it at all... they do not have an interest in Lord's matters..

would be joyful to hear your thoughts, Saints...

2017/10/1 15:57
Elibeth

Re: praying continuously?

Evangeline,
Yes, I believe,I do understand.
I had (3) individuals at one time last week,and (1) today,..( and from time to time),..of a certain denomination,that was actually getting vehement with me,..shooting words / questions,one after another, ...."that I believed in WORKS,...etc.,..." ..that I needed to change my Way/ thoughts, teachings, ....what The Spirit of God has /and is teaching me. ( which, I, in NO way deserve,.. but He was gracious to me )

But I think of what Oracio, said about it not being productive.
They get vehement about changing me.,...why ?
So, It take a bearing with,..just holding to the calmness and patience of spirit, and give Scriptures.... but after a few times of this, I do not think that I should continue to offer explanations.

May we grow in God,

-------------
elizabeth

2017/10/1 16:52Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Evangeline,
I believe we are to continue to pray until the answer happens. God always answers.. Yes No Wait..
There are bowls in heaven full of the prayers of the saints.

Just a thought from Jentzen Franklin

Jentzen Franklin’s book The Amazing Discernment of Women (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2006). He writes (on p. 33):

I believe we do not understand the effect our prayers have in the spirit realm. As I was reading Revelation one day, some verses seemed to leap off the page: “Golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints” (Rev. 5:8). “The smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God . . . Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth” (Rev. 8:4-5).
What a marvelous image! When you pray, you are filling the prayer bowls of heaven. In God’s perfect timing, your prayers are mixed with the fire of God (His power) and cast back down to earth to change your situation Your prayers don’t just bounce off the ceiling; they rise like incense before the throne of God.
Even if you don’t feel like anything is happening in the natural world, when you pray, you are filling the prayer bowls in the spirit realm. When they are full, they will tilt and pour out answers to your prayers!

Prayers are always answered I believe. I heard from a pastor the other day a daughter accepted JESUS eight years after her mother died..
I have many unsaved relatives I will never ever stop praying.. The darker it gets the more I pray.
Just some thoughts..
in Christ
Frannie

2017/10/5 18:49Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Evangeline:

Couple of things.
1. It is explicit in the scriptures that we should pray for all the saint. Eph 6. "praying always for all saints"
2. It is explicit in the scripture we should bare one another burdens ( their burden is their sins) you bare them in intercessions asking God to save those who are deceived about their salvation and for Jesus to give them the eye salve needed to see their nakedness, realize their blindness to spiritual things.
Remember that you needed prayer too. Remember that we all need one another, those who are weak and failing today, God is able to raise them up to live lives worthy of their vocation. Be patient as Jesus is patient with you, be kind as Jesus is kind to you. Be strong without being hard or mean spirited toward them. Be faithful to them even when they are unfaithful and failing.
If the only Jesus they see is you, rightly represent him to them, speak the truth in love, your no-compromise attitude is not synonymous with "self-righteous rejection of them". See to you demonstrate that clearly.
The Spirit of God give you wisdom and love. Without the love of God are we any better than they?

2017/10/5 20:38Profile

To: Marvin, Frannie and elizabeth

Thank you for your perfect godly insights Marvin, Frannie and elizabeth....

God Bless you all...

2017/10/6 8:23
Sree

Quote:

I know that there is power in prayer but it is discouraging that they are really living for this world even I shared to them some sermons about living for the Lord, they do not appreaciate it at all... they do not have an interest in Lord's matters

Sister, I was in similar position as well. The people around me mistook me, accused me and did not have any appreciation for the words I shared.

But this is what the Lord showed to me. If my Cup is truly overflowing with anointing, how is it that people around me are not getting blessed? This shows that something is wrong with me, that is why the people around me are shallow in faith or lukewarm. Let us take the blame on us and humble ourself in the Lord and then pray. That is what I am currently doing.

John 4:13 - “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.”

2017/10/6 9:24Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

I prayed 12 years for my cousin, Kim. I'm sure that others prayed for her but I know I did for 12 lonnnnnggggg years. I just loved her when I was with her and talked about what she wanted to talk about (within reason) and I would share with her what the Lord was doing in my life.

God bless,
Lisa

PS: I stopped giving out sermons to people. They don't listen to them if I give them out but when they ask for one, I know they will listen.

2017/10/6 10:00Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Evangeline,
Yes ,I believe we are to continue to pray. I pray for much love and not to to have that recoiling feeling.

And sometimes,I find ones will ask questions because they see one as being different,...sometimes maybe wanting to know something,..
But too,it happens that it is perhaps a contentious spirit, and that is
To be picked up on,and just bear w/that person or persons in love and patience.

And also I must remember not to recoil,..but just to have compassion and pray.
They really mean well,...believing that they need to change me to their denomination.
And they try repeatedly and ever so diligently.

We cannot 'see' until The Lord is most gracious to help us.It is He that opens Spiritual eyes / ears.
So we have nothing to boast about....it is His.

Does this happen to you ?
Much love,
--------------
elizabeth

2017/10/6 12:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy