SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Has Time and Tradition Took us places ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Elibeth

Has Time and Tradition Took us places ?

Edit:
I do not know how I hit that 'send' button,....
I really did not mean to do that,...was just into thought,...

but maybe I need to leave it at that for now,..?

Do you have any thoughts ?

--------------
elizabeth

2017/10/1 11:08Profile
Elibeth

Re: Has Time and Tradition Took us places ?

Yes!
With time,and time,... and tradition,and tradition,...and what about subtle deception ?

Is the whole world asleep,... are we sleeping ?
Many things have CHANGED,...and isn't there a risk that it has taken us down ways, Ways, and paths ?

Isa.58:6-13
...."to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, THE RESTORER OF THE PATHS to dwell in.
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:"

AWAKEN ! ! ,... and please don't think that I am blasting everyone,..I really am speaking to ME TOO. ....I am one of us....A warning perhaps that we need ?

The night is far spent and the day is at hand,.....DAY,..(The Light) is in His hand, and He wants to give it to us....that we awaken to righteousness.
The Light that He wants to give,to shine into our eyes,that we may see.
....to see (spiritually),.. as He sees,..opening of our blinded eyes,...having 'eyes to see'-

Her.6:16,17,..¶ "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
17 Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken."

(But come, let us harken)
Are we to hear with the spiritual ear, and walk in the Way/ Path ,....be filled and led by His Spirit.,.....?.....(not the law, but The Spirit)

*Thy Word gives Light
*Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
** Jesus is The Light,...The Word comes in Him into our life / Spirit, to shine Into our hearts to show The Way into which we are to walk / go.

I really fear sharing this,...maybe misunderstood,or worse,...but should I share what is really on my heart ? ....even if it only would help just one person ?

With much care and much love,
--------------
elizabeth

2017/10/1 23:18Profile

Re:

Error begets error which begets error and the ship sails slowly away from the shore of destiny to a world of their own making. And then they look back at their own tradition and say " thus sayeth the Lord," and the Lord did not sayeth other than that which is written and never changes.....bro Frank

2017/10/2 0:32
Elibeth

Re:

Yes,...
Amen, bro Frank,

And thank you,
---------------
elizabeth

2017/10/2 0:57Profile

Re:

Your welcome sister, its the problem that happens when you rely on men for theology. Good men, bad men, it does not matter, it is not Scripture, that is why the so called church fathers are not to be relied upon, only Scripture...........bro Frank

2017/10/2 17:50
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

God never intended for any of us to be lone rangers who determine our own brand of truth. But he never intended for us to be seduced by the teaching of other men. He intended for us to walk in close intimacy with Him and to rely on His Holy Spirit to teach us all things. We don't do this in the vacuum of other men. We rely on others to help us check our motives, judge what we think we hear God saying (don't we all sometimes get into the flesh a little bit), and to encourage us in sound doctrine. But we cannot leave our own understanding of doctrine in the hands of other men while we blissfully live a life devoid of study and intimacy. We must be diligent in our study and in our walk of intimacy with Him. He will steer us right. After all, it is His word we are studying. I can say that many wonderful and Godly men have contributed to my understanding of the word of God, but I can also say that I long ago made a decision that I would not rely upon any other man to determine my doctrinal stance on any portion of scripture.

2017/10/4 9:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy