SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Struggling, really struggling with faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
amajesticone

Massachusetts

Re:

Jon,

I think it is really good that you are able to express your struggles with faith and lack of assurance of salvation. I have found that the Lord brings us to that place of knowing ourselves and being completely honest with Him. Those of us who have been where you are at can pray and believe God for you. But in the end, it is between you and God; you are alone with Him, and it is personal. Jacob was alone when he wrestled with God.

Jacob wrestled with God and confessed "I will not let you go unless you bless me." And God changed his name to Israel.

The fact that you are still in the "wrestle" tells me you have not let go of God. Keep "wrestling" (pouring out your all - everything) until He changes your name.

He is faithful who promised,
🙏🏻
Mary

2017/10/8 8:00Profile

Re:

Marvin

Thank you for this very practical down-to-earth advice. It's something I have started doing, praying in short spurts. I've also started shutting down bad trains of thought (that lead to dark, blasphemous places) more often than I was.

Sometimes It is something in scripture that sets me off on a rabit trail (e.g. Am I lukewarm and going to be spit out of His mouth? Am I? Probably, maybe not er... aghh!). Learning to pray at those times is what I need to do.

I have to confess that when I posted this a few weeks ago, I hoped that you'd respond to it as I've noted the quality of what you say on this forum, so thank you.

Thanks to everyone else for your help too, including those who emailed me.

Jon

2017/10/15 13:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy