SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Intimacy brings Revelation brings Transformation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Intimacy brings Revelation brings Transformation

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This verse has been on my heart for a couple of weeks now. Many believers have a knowledge of scripture, but mere knowledge of scripture does not bring about transformation in the heart of the believer. In order for transformation to occur, we must have a revelation of the word that moves from intellectual knowledge to spiritual reality. I may think that I know that God loves me because I read it in the word. Yet in reality, I live my life in a way that belies the fact that I really do not believe He loves me. But when the revelation of His love moves deep within my spirit, I experience a realization of His love that explodes in my heart and leaves me changed forever. This is revelation.

And revelation only comes as I gaze upon His face. This is an intimate thing. Think about our own earthly relationships. My wife and I look into one another's eyes in a way that neither of us share with any other human being on earth. There is something very intimate about gazing into the eyes of another. As we spend time in His presence, we gaze into His glory. As we do this, He brings revelation that transforms us into the image that we are seeing.

Revelation is progressive. I once thought I had a revelation of His love, and it changed me. I became more like Him. But a few months ago, my former revelation was eclipsed by an understanding of His love that went so deep that it left me crying and dancing around my kitchen, overwhelmed by His presence, crying out, "He loves me, He loves me, He loves me!" From glory to glory He transforms us.

I want to encourage all of my brothers and sisters to gaze into His face. Make your pursuit of Him the paramount thing in your life. Seek to know His word and then seek to know the one who inspired that word. Look upon Him in intimacy, and watch Him reveal Himself to you in a way that transforms you forever.

2017/9/28 14:48Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Intimacy brings Revelation brings Transformation

Thank you.

2017/9/29 6:51Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"I want to encourage all of my brothers and sisters to gaze into His face. Make your pursuit of Him the paramount thing in your life. Seek to know His word and then seek to know the one who inspired that word. Look upon Him in intimacy, and watch Him reveal Himself to you in a way that transforms you forever."

Amen Travis! Thank God that He becomes more precious to us the longer that we walk with Him seeking His face, and we realize that It is not ministry or any of the things that we do that brings Him pleasure or to us fulfillment, and this causes us to hunger and thirst for more of Him and His presence.

2017/9/29 8:19Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Amen dear brother!

Good word and solid encouragement<\\\><

2017/9/29 9:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy