Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Revival by Francois Carr

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Revival by Francois Carr

“Will You not revive us again, That Your people may rejoice in You?” – Psalm 85:6

I have checked in and boarded the plane for my overnight flight to Tel Aviv in Israel via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines. I am traveling with and leading a pilgrimage group from South Africa, walking in the Footsteps of Paul and Jesus. I am excited about the trip and look forward to share and teach some principles of the Connected Life.

It reminds me of the very first time, a few years ago when I travelled to Israel. It was also with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul. I was so excited about going to the Holy Land that I could not sleep on the plane. By the time that we landed in Istanbul, my eyes were red from no sleep, my clothes wrinkled and my body aching from sitting in a small uncomfortable seat. But after washing my face, shaving my beard, brushing my teeth and putting on a fresh shirt and some deodorant I felt so much better. In fact I was refreshed and ready for the next part of the journey. I had been revived.

The Christian life is a journey and pilgrimage filled with many experiences, some exciting and some more challenging. It is not meant to be frustrating or impossible to live up to. At times the road becomes difficult and many became discouraged and consider abandoning the journey and their faith. I am convinced that we have no power of our own to live and to maintain our spiritual lives on our journey. Each day we need to receive new wisdom, guidance and enablement from heaven that comes from our fellowship with God. We need to be constantly refreshed, renewed and revived. It happens when we stop running, reflect upon our lives and reconnect with the great Reviver (Micah 2:13) and enjoy times of refreshing that comes from the Presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19)

The Christian Church also needs a season and times of ‘been revived’ or ‘revival’ when they lose their fervor and compassion for the Great Commission and Discipleship. Many Churches today finds them selves at a low tide, in decline and in need of a fresh touch and encounter with the Reviver of the Church to accomplish His agenda and purposes.

The Hebrew and Greek language explained the meaning of ‘been revived’ or ‘revival’ as follows; return, restore, renewed, refresh, growth and new roots.
What is Revival? I believe it is season ordained by God in which the Holy Spirit awakens all believers and the Church to their need of God and to evangelize the lost, and at the same time awakens the lost to their dire need of Jesus Christ.
When does it happen? It begins when we become honest with ourselves, realizing we have become tired and lost the freshness and awareness of God in our lives. It happens when God shows up and rent the heavens (Isaiah 64: 1-3) and meet with us in a new and fresh way.

Are you tired and burdened? Are you dissatisfied with the quality of your walk with God? Could it be that God is stirring and awakening your heart for more of Him and to reach out to the lost?

2017/9/25 7:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Revival by Francois Carr

"I am convinced that we have no power of our own to live and to maintain our spiritual lives on our journey. Each day we need to receive new wisdom, guidance and enablement from heaven that comes from our fellowship with God. We need to be constantly refreshed, renewed and revived. It happens when we stop running, reflect upon our lives and reconnect with the great Reviver (Micah 2:13) and enjoy times of refreshing that comes from the Presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19)"

Amen! I haven't arrived yet, but I believe that God wants us to live in a state of perpetual revival, that only comes from living in the presence of the Lord, and being continuously filled with the Spirit of God on a day by day basis.

2017/9/25 11:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy