SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Selling out to the Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

This quote from Leonard Ravenhill stood out from a message I recently heard by him. Speaking of Paul in Athens, Ravenhill said,

“He went down the street and when he saw the street it was lined with churches as we would say. It was lined with places of worship. Oh this doesn’t stagger too many of us, does it? We just go down the street and say, “There’s a Roman Catholic church, that’s Jehovah’s Witnesses, that’s the Mormons, there the Hare Krishnas meet…and so what?” Does it stir you that those people have been teaching false gods and they rape people’s minds just as a man rapes a girl’s body?...when he saw all these people tricked, seduced by deceiving spirits, he was angry about it! Do you ever feel a holy anger?”

I used to drive by a certain street corner where there was a white statue of Mary, and on some occasions, I saw people gathered around it, gazing upon it in awe. They would bring flowers and leave them right by it on the ground. I would get upset within every time. Again, sadly this is the case with multitudes upon multitudes of Catholics. They do not worship Christ but instead worship a false god named Mary, a Mary that is not the Mary we read about in the Gospels.

2017/9/25 14:28Profile

Re:

Todd writes............

"My wife came out of RCC after she met me;"

Hopefully it was after meeting Jesus :) It makes my heart glad to hear of catholics escaping the clutches of something uniquely evil. My heart will always be for people caught up in religion for there is a way of escape and only one way, and His name is Jesus and He takes us from the horrors of religious captivity to the beauty of true freedom......bro Frank

2017/9/25 17:04

Re:

Great quote from Ravenhill Oracio! How many forum's would he not be welcome on by speaking in this manner? .........bro Frank

2017/9/25 17:06
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

As Godly believers we address people on a human level, as humans and as sinners living in a fallen world. We also address them as recipients of grace and mercy, we have been given the opportunity to know and believe Christ according to knowledge and experience.
Who would treat a person face to face as they are spoken of here? When we love people we learn to temper our responses according to the working of the Holy Spirit. Speaking abstractly to invisible people about abstract doctrines and various philosophical viewpoints doesn't do much to improve your love for Catholics or point them to Christ.
Hint: When you are confident in your faith and the love of Jesus is yours and yours to give you need not fear your gestures of love and respect are compromising your witness.
For some believers their sole pursuit is to declare RCC teachings false. Ok, but what fruit is gained? Is there any measurable difference between anti RCC rants here where no one comes forward to announce so and so helped me to understand the error of my ways, therefore I repented and believed; and those who spend the time to know personally Catholics and offer to them a biblical gospel? I say there is a great difference. For some it's too hard; Its far easier to sound spiritual in RCC denunciations than it is to love someone in patience and with much prayer. True spiritual fruit is the outworking of obedient encounters bringing the gospel to the forefront where in times past the religious-lost person was merely anathematized.
If we are going to imitate Jesus Christ, continued denunciations are no better than the pharisaical denunciations which hardened the peoples hearts and left them with nothing attractive about Jesus Christ. Their lack of true love for the flock and their law-keeping was revealed by Jesus to be totally inert, incapable of actually demonstrating the truth about God. The truth about God was seen vividly...not just in a whip or in Matt 25 judgments but by his feedings, his miracles, his engagement with children, his patience with is disciples. The Catholics need to see those sermons in us as well.
You see, those who exhibit a strict doctrinal pursuit of showing the difference between a godly man and a religious-fake do put on a good show for those already sold on anti-Catholic rhetoric, but for those who want to learn to reach out to them, care for them, seek them out and minister to them, that show does not display the grace and love of God we are to freely offer them without rebuke, without reproach, without an argumentative spirit. You see for me, knowing truth from error is Christianity 101, its where we start. Maybe some of you are just starting so all this is necessary. But there will come a day and I hope soon where rhetoric is replaced with compassion and dogmatic assertion is replaced with prayful gospel witness.
Yes, I know some of you want to continue in a display of anti-RCC tradition and teaching but what good is it if all that comes of it is a sour and frustrated spirit that cannot believe God to save the 'religiously inoculated'. The way I see it, you have the problem not them.

2017/9/25 19:18Profile
savannah

Re: Born Roman Catholic

When I was born
Rome was my birthplace
As I grew up
The catechism would embrace

From baptismal regeneration
To Pope veneration
From worshiping Mary
To Transubstantiation

It all seemed so innocent
Just going to mass
Not much of a difference
From taking out the trash

I'd go to confession
To get absolution
But all I would find
Was more convolution

I called up the priest
To help me one day
His counsel to me
Was the rosary pray

Indulgence Indulgence
I heard the priest say
But all it could do
Was keep my conscience at bay

If I were to die
What would happen to me
No worry no worry
You'd soon be set free

You see there's this place
Its called purg-a-tory
Just light some candles
And pay a small fee

I began to get nervous
As I pondered all this
And thought to myself
Could I be amiss

Born Roman Catholic
Birthed in a lie
For sure this ain't how
I wanna come to die

So I cried out like Mary
And the jailer as well
That my lot would not be
A fiery hell

Jesus my Savior
My God and my King
For all eternity
Your praises I'll sing

He has redeemed me
And purchased my soul
With His own blood
He's made me whole

Never to perish
Never to leave
I have His promise
And this I believe

Come out of her my people
She cannot give salvation
Promising you liberty
But you'll only get damnation

2017/9/25 22:09Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Really appolus every single person in the Roman church was born into it? What an ignorant statement!! I can't even fathom how you or anyone could make such a ludicrous claim. And even those who were, so what? Millions of people were born into protestantism. Their faith is fake too?

As someone born into protestantism I know the struggle of finding a real genuine faith in Christ apart from having been born into it. I know what it is like to have to ask yourself if you really believe it and to start from scratch, so to speak.

Catholics are taught they must endure to the very end (in faith and in deed) to be saved. They do not fully trust or comprehend the saving grace of Christ. But brother you are living in willful ignorance if you cant see millions of protestants with this same mentality even if they consider that doctrine "heretical." Working for salvation is HUGE in the hearts of men and it takes getting to a place of trusting Christ to fully accept it. It doesn't always just happen.

I know christians who were raised in households where to gain the love of the parent you had to "do good". Very abusive households/relationships. It is very sad to see. Are they not saved because they haven't yet been able to conquer this their hearts? These catholics that have faith in Christ yet are taught lies and are ensnared by them, do you really think they are going to hell because of this? Jesus took pity on those who were led astray by false teachers (As sheep gone astray). It was the shepherds who preached error and led them astray that he reserved his harsh words for.

You are not mimicking the heart of Christ. And I do not need to tell you my authority or my relation to the catholic church. It's my relation to Christ and my freedom in Him that enables me to love them.

I think a lot of this "catholics are going to hell" is like the parable of the workers who were hired for a days wage. Then more were hired, then more. At the end of the day those who had worked all day were paid the same as those who worked only a little while. They were jealous. How can they get the same reward as us? We believed more, we didn't accept the false teachings that they did! But it is faith in the Son of God that justifies us and saves us in the eyes of the Father and that is open to all who call upon it.

2017/9/25 23:13Profile

Re:

Tyler writes.........

"And even those who were, so what? Millions of people were born into protestantism. Their faith is fake too?"

Indeed it is if all they have was the fact that they were born into a certain family. One must be born again into the Kingdom of God, that is all that matters. Accidents of birth mean nothing in the Kingdom of God unless it leads you to the truth that unless a man is born again you cannot enter into the Kingdom of heaven.

You seem very angry Tyler. Angry enough that you must have some kind of Catholic connection?

Consider the quote that Oracio gave us from Ravenhill.Ravenhill was the primary reason that Greg started this site and he and others would do well and hear what the good brother said ............

Speaking of Paul in Athens, Ravenhill said,

“He went down the street and when he saw the street it was lined with churches as we would say. It was lined with places of worship. Oh this doesn’t stagger too many of us, does it? We just go down the street and say, “There’s a Roman Catholic church, that’s Jehovah’s Witnesses, that’s the Mormons, there the Hare Krishnas meet…and so what?” Does it stir you that those people have been teaching false gods and they rape people’s minds just as a man rapes a girl’s body?...when he saw all these people tricked, seduced by deceiving spirits, he was angry about it! Do you ever feel a holy anger?”

Where is your holy anger Tyler? Greg, where is yours against the abomination known as the Catholic church? Read slowly the words of the man who inspired you to start this site. It seems to me that you would possibly ban this very man from saying what he said above if he were still alive. He was far more brutal on the catholic church ( church mind you, not the folks) than I ever have been but I do agree with his sentiments..........bro Frank

2017/9/25 23:55
Martyr

United States

Re:

My holy anger is demonstrated against you who are so eager to uphold the teachings you have accepted and to justify yourself (by your works) that you are willing to write off 25% of the worlds population because they do not have the understanding you do. There is my anger, it is against your lack of love, sympathy and knowledge.

I simply don't care what Ravenhill said, he is not my authority. I care what Jesus said and taught.

I have no connection to the catholic church, and I really don't care if you believe that or not because my points (which you don't actually address) are true regardless.

We should be angry at the derelict priests who corrupt peoples mind and not (as you do) write off the enormous amount of people who have been trapped by it. You paint them all the same color and say they are all the same. Are all protestants the same? Obviously not. Judging from the amount of dissonance on this forum at least the catholics have unity in their error.

Where is my holy anger? It is directed against you. Now I ask: Where is your love?? Where is the heart of the Son of Man who came to seek and save that which is hurt? Where is the Spirit who seeks the better of others? Where is Christ who did not come to condemn but to save?

2017/9/26 0:17Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Greg, let appolus get the last word in and then I think it would be wise to lock this thread. It's been well established that anyone who does not subscribe to what we believe or hasn't been able to yet see the Truth above what they have been taught are all heretics deserving of eternal torment. We are so right in everything! Praise be to us!

2017/9/26 0:28Profile

Re:

Tyler writes..........

" write off the enormous amount of people who have been trapped by it."

I have not written off anyone, while their is breath in a human body I believe there is hope that they will embrace the way, the truth and the life and that fact that no one comes to the Father accept through Jesus and what he taught. I celebrate that countless millions have come out or her and I mourn for the fact that ignorance will be no defense before the throne, especially willful ignorance. If I am an enemy to you Tyler because I speak the truth and it promotes deep anger in you, there is nothing I can do about that. I pray that the Lord open your eyes to the great deception that Satan holds sway over 1.5 billion catholics and simply admonish you, as Art Katz once admonished people who claimed to love Jewish people "If you really love them you would tell them the truth." ..............bro Frank

ps the ex-catholics on this site know the true nature of catholicism much more than someone who admits that they have abosolutely no connection to the catholic church. They also know what it is to be very patient and loving with their catholic family and continue to witness to them the truth. It is sad that they also have to contend with folks who have no connection with catholicism what-so-ever, intimate or directly tell those very loved ones that they are already Christians.

2017/9/26 0:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy