SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Selling out to the Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Just to be clear I am not judging catholic persons but rather the institutional RCC. Sadly most Catholics do not know any better. My wife grew up in a catholic home and she came out of the RCC. I do not doubt that many Catholics love Jesus but this is dangerously tainted by the evils of the RCC.

2017/9/21 13:43Profile
yuehan

Re:

Quote:
From Martyr:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Do Catholics go to heaven? If their faith is genuine then yes they do despite their wrong beliefs.

So if someone believes that Jesus resurrected, but that salvation is attained by their works - would they be saved?

Can someone be saved by believing another gospel?

2017/9/21 13:53Profile

people value anything than God Himself...

Those who do not question a denomination and its teaching have no love for the Truth, if they have, they will be out of it... They value the man made religion than what God has to say...

2017/9/21 14:35
Martyr

United States

Re:

The scriptures state that belief in Jesus as Lord and in His resurrection you will be saved.

We are saved by faith in the living Christ, not by our knowledge. Do you think you are fully correct and complete in your knowledge of the gospel? And if so do you think it is this knowledge and understanding that saves you?

When a person believes on Christ, the life of Christ enters into them and they are saved. Every vessel is different. Some believe unto a deeper understanding, some have hearts so full of sin they only have a little bit of their heart left to give unto belief in Christ. Both are saved by their faith. One has less work to be done, in Christ, than the other regarding "santification" and coming to a complete knowledge but both are saved.

Time has revealed that i knew very little of the gospel when i was saved even though at the time i thought i knew it. Profession and heed to modern evangelical interpretations is not how one is saved. Christ is life to all those who put their faith in Him.

Sorry but we protestants are not the right ones. Christ is.

2017/9/21 14:45Profile
yuehan

Re:

Jesus says, "If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine..." (John 7:17)

One way to look at this verse is that the longer you walk with God, the more apparent it would be as to which doctrines are true and which aren't.

On the flip side, those who remain ignorant or resist important doctrines is because they simply do not want to do God's will.

Martyr,

I agree that we are saved not by knowledge or doctrine, but through Jesus Christ. This means that salvation has to be ALL of Jesus Christ - trusting all in Him, and not in our works or anything else.

To trust Christ is to trust the true gospel. If you trust is elsewhere, you are simply not trusting in Christ. You cannot simultaneously believe Christ and another gospel.

To claim that one can believe in another gospel and be saved is dangerous. Only the true gospel is the power of God unto salvation, all the other fake variants will lead to damnation. Paul fought tooth and nail to preserve the integrity of the gospel - c.f. Galatians. We must do likewise, otherwise we would be nullifying both the power and the grace of God.

2017/9/21 15:01Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Brother why did you not quote the full verse?

Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

So if you look at the whole verse and the context a more accurate interpretation would be anyone who chooses to do the will of God (and this is the will of God, to believe in the one he sent) will come to know the validity of Christs teachings (doctrine=teaching) and that they are from God.

So looking at the full verse it does not prove your point. Catholics both affirm Christ and that His words are true. However, i am in agreement that these things are not interpreted properly by them in many cases. This does not mean they are not saved, only that they will be saved by fire (by the skin of their teeth, as it were). Theyre adherence to false catholic beliefs hinders them from being complete in Christ but it does not mean they are not saved.

As to believing in the gospel the word gospel means good news. It is the good news that Christ, the only begotten of God, came into this world, died for our sins and was resurrected. Do not catholics believe this?

2017/9/21 15:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The issue is whether Jesus plus anything else is still the gospel.

If I believe that Jesus died for my sins and was resurrected, but was the brother of Michael the archangel am I saved?

2017/9/21 15:38Profile
yuehan

Re:

Martyr,

The full John 7:17 verse you quoted asserts the same implication - if a person does not eventually arrive at the gospel of grace, then it shows that he does not want to do the will of God.

If you believe that a person can believe in a false gospel and still be saved, I cannot agree with you.

Paul extensively addresses this in Galatians - he calls this "fallen from grace". We must allow Scripture to shape our views, rather than our own preconceptions of who is "saved" or "unsaved".

2017/9/21 16:27Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Catholics have a different gospel , a different way of salvation they do not believe in sola scriptura and they place the doctrines of the church above scriptures

I have the catholic cataclysms on my iPad and computer and want to show you directly this is what as a Christian we believe and this is where it goes directly against scripture

To think about the many Martyrs that gave there lives for the scriptures so we could read them and read things like Tyndale up to spurgeon and others decrying the abomination of the Catholic Church even someone like tozer

Are all those that died in the reformation in vain, we have forgotten and it is has cost us dearly , Martin Luther nailing the 99 thesis to the wall.

There is either two paths we can either accept the ecumenical movement and interfaith movements and go down the path to a one world religion or we can follow Christ , which will it be , your choice

2017/9/21 16:57Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I agree with Frank regarding the serious, damnable errors of the RCC. That said, I do believe that some Catholics (much fewer than within Protestant Evangelicalism) are born again. I believe the main issue is who and/or what are they trusting in for salvation and with whom or what do they have a relationship? Are they trusting in their works, in their church, in the pope, in their bishops or priests? Do they have a supposed relationship with the false Mary or the false saints (idols/demons) to whom they pray (instead of praying to the Father through Christ as we're instructed in the Bible)? Or are they trusting in Christ alone and do they have a living relationship with Him?

That said, I would definitely exhort all Catholics to leave the RCC due to its serious, damnable doctrinal errors officially taught by their leaders.

2017/9/21 19:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy