SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Selling out to the Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Selling out to the Catholic Church

It breaks my heart to think that a lot of Christians just think Catholics are another denomination
When the celebration of the reformation is just about to come up.
How many lost Catholics have gone to hell because of the compromise of the Protestant church

2017/9/21 3:42Profile

Re: Selling out to the Catholic Church

The delusion is almost complete in America, Dominic...........bro Frank

2017/9/21 6:55
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Selling out to the Catholic Church

You probably won't like my thoughts, but.

I don't trust the Protestant for any Catholics. I do trust God, He will see to it that the Catholics that are supposed to be given to Christ will be in His Body the Church.

If I mess up and don't speak to a Catholic about their lost soul, God will see to it that someone who loves Him enough and hears His voice will speak to that Catholic about His Son and their trust that is supposed to be in Him.,

That old Hymn "Trust and obey" comes to mind. "There is no other way"

The word pistis in Greek is usually faith or believe, but it also is very strong when it comes to TRUST.

In Christ: My Trust is in Him, I mess up a lot in this department. I believe, help my unbelief. I trust, but not always-HELP!!!!: Phillip

2017/9/21 7:06Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by appolus on 2017/9/21 6:55:52

The delusion is almost complete in America, Dominic ...........bro Frank

There are many delusions across America. I'm not from the Catholic church so my cross hairs are not on that particular church but I will take your word for it!

I have had Catholics that married into my family at times and they were very hard to talk to about Jesus, just in general conversation. They wouldn't listen to anything except what came from their priests mouth. But there was one who listened and loved to be prayed for in the Spirit but she never left the Catholic church.

Let me share that I believe whatever a child of God is sold out to that is not Jesus Christ, THAT can be or is their delusion. The Republican Party / the Democrat Party just to name non-Christian organizations.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/9/21 7:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The Catholic Church is in error on it's teachings concerning salvation, nevertheless there are many born again Christians that are still in the Catholic Church. The Charismatic Movement within the Church placed great emphasis on a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and having a knowledge of the Word of God.

There is also much error among non Catholics even in those denominations that have the right doctrine concerning salvation. Many within these churches believe that coming to the front of a church for an altar call, repeating a salvation prayer led by a pastor assures one that they are truly saved.

It is only through the work of the Holy Spirit that a Catholic or non Catholic can be saved. No man can come to Jesus unless the Father has drawn them. A person that is truly saved will repent of their sins and bring forth the fruit of being saved.

2017/9/21 9:15Profile

Re:

As you can see by some of the replies Dominic, most now would never have taken part in the reformation, believing that there are only some errors within the Catholic church concerning salvation but for the most part it is just another denomination ( as if even that were a good thing) "My people perish through lack of knowledge," as the darkness and delusion continues to fall and the gross darkness takes ever greater hold............bro Frank

2017/9/21 10:07
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I am addressing this question to Frank and the brothers and sisters that know that Catholics are not taught in the true way of salvation, and unless they have a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, they are lost.

So my question is this: What is your method of witnessing to these lost Catholics?

2017/9/21 11:24Profile

Re:

Mike, it is not only that catholics are " not taught in the true way of salvation," it is every foundational doctrine that they have, whether it is Mary worship ( Mariology and co-redemtrix, you should study these if you want to speak on catholic matters) or confession or purgatory or praying to the saints or the worship of statues or praying for dead souls who died in their sins, or, the pinnacle, the very center of who they are, much like the calf worship of Dan, transubstansiation, the magical and occultic notion that a piece of bread is, by the power invested in the priest, turned into Jesus and that the wine is turned into His blood and by these elements a man has a chance to be saved as long as he keeps taking these elements in a worthy manner and is in a worthy state at the point of his death.

If you understand even a portion of what I have just conveyed to you, you would not easily believe that catholics are " just another denomination." Just think, for centuries now, God has saved and called catholics to come out from her and millions have responded and many countless millions paid with their lives. I wonder why, for centuries, God called these people out and they were martyred and ostracized, shunned and treated abominably, but He no longer calls them out, instead He apparently must apologize for causing all the trouble that the reformation needlessly caused.

I witness to catholics the same way I would witness to any poor pagan lost to treacherous religion that would lead them down into the bowels of hell from which there would be no prayers that could release them...........bro Frank

2017/9/21 12:10
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It is on the bases that Frank has described that I believe the RCC fits the bill for most end times prophecies be it the whore church or the beast or "doctrine if demons" etc etc.

The Puritans believed it, commentators like Matthew Henry and Gill believed it and there is no good basis to say they are mistaken

2017/9/21 12:55Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Do Catholics go to heaven? If their faith is genuine then yes they do despite their wrong beliefs. Paul worked in and among people far more entrenched in paganism then the catholics. I find a protestant to be judging a catholic partly humerous considering the complete mess and chaos of modern evangelical denominations/non-denominations. We should not be so quick to assume our beliefs our right and theirs our wrong considering we are not much better off.

I would like to add that if we judge them as "unsaved" because they are catholic we are mimicing their notiom of salvation through the church that we ourselves criticize.

They have the seed of life in them through their belief in Christ, lets focus on bringing out that life and the truth will follow.

2017/9/21 13:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy