SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what is deceitful spirits?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

what is deceitful spirits?

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons..."
~ 1 Timothy 4:1

A preacher told that the deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons are for examples people forbiding marriage because they think that being unmarried will make them holy, not eating bacon or anything from pig because they think that it will make them holy, not drinking coffee or any caffeinated because of a man-made doctrine... I personally think too that people who are believing in horoscope and inspirational quotes about life instead of the scripture can add to that...

I want to ask you, Saints, what is your thought about this? what you can add about a deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons can be?

2017/9/20 7:27
Sree

Re: what is deceitful spirits?

how about this verse :-
2 Theso 2:11 For this reason God [j]will send upon them [k]a deluding influence so that they will believe [l]what is false, 12 in order that they all may be [m]judged who did not believe the truth, but [n]took pleasure in wickedness.

Any spirit that changes our attention from growing like Jesus is a deluding Spirit. If we show no interest in being conformed to the image of Christ then God himself will allow such a spirit to come upon us that will make us hold doctrines instead of Jesus.

2017/9/20 12:24Profile

The Love of the Truth

Where now to go if the Lord Himself will send upon a strong delusion?

Thank you for your thoughts, Brother Sreeram...

2017/9/20 12:37
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The Love of the Truth

From Matthew Henry's commentary:

"1. One of the great instances of the apostasy, namely, giving heed to doctrines of demons, or concerning demons; that is, those doctrines which teach the worship of saints and angels, as a middle sort of deities, between the immortal God and mortal men, such as the heathen called demons, and worshipped under that notion. Now this plainly agrees to the church of Rome, and it was one of the first steps towards that great apostasy, the enshrining of the relics of martyrs, paying divine honours to them, erecting altars, burning incense, consecrating images and temples, and making prayers and praises to the honour of saints departed. This demon-worship is paganism revived, the image of the first beast."

2017/9/20 14:07Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: what is deceitful spirits?

I do like KJV for this scripture:
2 Thess 2:10 ... because they RECEIVED NOT the LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie

Quote:
emestiu wrote:
Where now to go if the Lord Himself will send upon a strong delusion?

Did Pharaoh know that God had hardened his heart? God didn't want any deals stuck with Pharaoh or any Israelite going back. God wanted His children completely set free from the ties that bound them to Egypt. God had to break Pharaoh and Egypt.

God has to break us as well. If God has sent a strong delusion, the only place for anybody to go is to our knees at the throne of God.

My two cents.
God bless,
Lisa

2017/9/20 16:29Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Lovers of the Truth
by Zac Poonen

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4268&commentView=itemComments

Zac teaches on 2 Thess 2:10 and more. This is excellent.

2017/9/21 7:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy