SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A generation of prophets arise!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Short testimony: I think it might be explanatory of some of what Frank and others have been saying.

Years back I went to a Church, a solid bible based Church, non-denominational, the congregation knew me and knew my wife well. I was invited to give the Sunday Sermon so in my way with what gifting's I have I prayed, sought the Lord and he gave me the word He wanted me to preach. The title "The Jesus we don't believe in". The main theme was expose in a confrontation way to the congregation a confrontational Jesus that is avoided. As I delivered the sermon I didn't get many amens and in fact a new couple who started attending walked out in the middle of it. Some others understood, but it was jarring to many of them. In the end the congregation sat there solemnly. I found out later the couple who left were very upset and told the pastor they would not return. The Pastor visited them to no avail. From that day forward my preaching from the pulpit was ended.
I was allowed to do much ministering in men's groups, home groups etc. but no more pulpit ministry.
Now, this is not a rare thing for me, I have done evangelism in many many Churches and in more than half of them I preach there once.
When confronted with a biblical Jesus, one that you have avoided in your Christian walk...its like meeting a stranger and for some that day I introduced a stranger to them. A Jesus who drove out money changers because they had turn the house of God into a house of merchandise. A Jesus who didn't receive the praise of men because he knew what was in men...but we love the praise of men when we are seeking favor from men and not God. A Jesus who taught men that their lives were at God's disposal not their own. A Jesus who required cross carrying, its no option and its the litmus test for everyone naming the name of Christ. If you cannot say you bear the cross, you cannot say you are a Christian...how many hear are lying to yourself?
These sermons win no friends and they garner no CD sales.
I have a whole ministry of this. I never chose any of this, I never signed up for it, I am not naturally confrontative, but for God's own purposes I am the thorn in every shoe I have been placed in.
I go to a meeting to hear a well known and supposedly gifted man of God speak. His sermon was pure heresy, the congregation was soaking it up, I stood up and told him this doctrine was condemned around the 3rd century and now you are foisting it upon these people. My wife about died with embarrassment. He said he would continue to speak this, I told him I will continue to resist it. I sat down.
This and dozens of situations like this over the years has been my lot. It is rare that I even mention it, but as we are discussing this kind of thing I just wanted you to know " I feel ya" if you stand for the truth amongst Christians and get "the look" and a mild dislike for coming to them.
God's ministry through me is what he wants, yes with its imperfections and my own weaknesses...but I can say truly I am what God has made me I cannot be something else.
I could spend another dozen posts relating all the various confrontations I've had...and so many of them were absolutely blessed beyond anything I could have dreamed of. Others...angry pastors, shocked congregations, angry leaders, called in to the elders and pastors to give account for myself. Yet, God in his abundant kindness to me who does not deserve any of it vindicated me every time.
Am I implying I am a prophet? No, I am saying without being a prophet, just being a Christian all this and more continually meets me.

If this is not explanatory...my apologies.

2017/9/14 21:44Profile

Re: All Will Have a Part to Playb

•••Are you trying to say that all the "remnant" christians are prophets? or called to prophesy against what is deemed lukewarm christianity?•••

In a sense yes.  In Acts. Luke writes,.

••• And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.••• Acts 2:27-18 ESV

Under the New Covenant both men and women, baptized in the Holy Spirit, will prophesy. They will declare the mighty acts of God.  Particularly they will testify of Jesus.  John the Revelator writes,

••• Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."••• Revelation 19:10 NASB

All born-again believers baptized in the Holy Spirit under the New Covenant will testify of Jesus in the spirit of prophecy.

I believe this will be something of a grassroots movement in the Spirit and no particular person will occupy the position of prophet.  Because all under the direction of the Holy Spirit will prophesy.  They certainly will testify of Jesus and declare his mighty work.

••• I see God puts a heavy emphasis on "leaders" those who serve the body and that they are more responsible for the people of God's condition. St. James calls believers who are "teachers" (a qualification of a leader) to be weary as they will be judged more harshly.•••

Yet Paul writes in Corithians,

••• What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.•••1 Corithians 14:26 NASB

In a New Covenant assembly under the direction of the holy spirit all can share. The brother sister who has received something from the Lord can share a song, a tongue, and interpretation, a prophetic word, something God has given them from the scriptures, a prayer, a prayer request, a spiritual song, and so forth. But the key is for the edification of the body.  

The verse in 1 Corinthians suggest that this is at the body grassroots level.  It is what we called body life during the Jesus movement.  All may share. All may contribute. This is the operation of a Spirit filled new covenant fellowship.

But again, where men and women are prophesying. And we're men and women are sharing in a fellowship. This presupposes that they are baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit. For without the Holy Spirit none of the above can take place.

Simply my thoughts.

Bro Blaine

2017/9/15 5:15
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
"Prophetic ministry is not something you can take up. It is something you are. No academy can make you a prophet.

Brother Frank,

I do not believe T. Austin Sparks was thinking that all believers are prophets in the end times, I might be mistaken. Also Tozer and Ravenhill I believe would not hold to that position either. Ravenhill believed for revival amongst denominations and worked with many of them, Tozer himself was a part of the Alliance denomination.

I have spoken with some leaders of the Anglican Church for instance and they believe there will be a correction amongst themselves and even they could possibly overcome the homosexual schism that is happening. Already there is talk of a new leader being set up for the entire anglican communion. And a new province has been made to replace the north american one because of its apostasy.

This is not to say that some denominations are totally apostasizng from the faith, but to say that "all" will be diminished and only a remnant will come out of all of them (40,000+) denominations does not seem right. As one brother alluded to there are many good local churches out there and I would dare to say "denominations also." Not perfect but being used of the Lord to share the Good News with the world.

I would also say there is a huge difference between north american christianity and the rest of the world. We are in a bubble and the problem is if we judge our reality in the West as the whole we will be no better then someone is the southern states who says KJV english is the only true bible, it only works in America but once you bring the thinking to the world-wide church it falls to the ground.

The Church around the the world is much healhier I believe then what we think, it is the American gospel and where it goes where the sickness has been felt.

I personally do not disgree with Ravenhill that a minority of believers are true believers in the West. But I would never apply this measuring stick to the whole world of believers. We must also leave place for those who are "lukewarm" and compromising as our lord told the church in Laodiceans to turn around. There are many in that boat in America, are they lost right now? no, but they seem to be in the valley of decision.

2017/9/15 7:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
But again, where men and women are prophesying. And we're men and women are sharing in a fellowship. This presupposes that they are baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit. For without the Holy Spirit none of the above can take place.

So then we are saying it is between spirit-filled and not spirit filled? So those who are believers who are spirit-filled are the remnant and those who are not, are simply that "are not"?

This in a way is the distinction that came with the pentecostal movement, either you have this experience or you do not. In the end it was a denominational difference, to label it remnant or another term does not hide what it is doing.

God's true Church is not distinguished by a pentecostal experience but by being a holy people in the earth who confess and believe in a risen Saviour. Of course having the "Holy Spirit" is part of the belief of the Church, but the requirement of a second experience that accompanies with a manifestation was something birthed in the American church.

On the SermonIndex About us page we testify what the statement of faith is for the ministry and what I believe the historic church also held to:

Q. Is there a statement of faith for the website?
Answer. Being undenominational, we seek to minister to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity (Eph. 6:24), and to love all who love Him (John 15:12; 1 John 4:20-21). We hold to the historic faith of the Church in the Nicene Creed: We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and Apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

from; https://www.sermonindex.net/about.php

2017/9/15 7:47Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: A generation of prophets arise!

Frank: I believe I see exactly what you are trying to say. Please corroborate if I am right or correct if I am wrong, but I believe this is your message.

The prophets recorded in scripture would speak the word of God to the people of Israel, warning them of their wickedness, their apathy, their idolatry, and tolling the bell warning them of what was coming.

In our day, there is coming a great shaking. The American church, by and large, is asleep at the wheel, or worse, in a state of idolatry that parallels where Israel was when the prophets gave warning.

It is time for men and women in the church, who are walking with God, to sound the alarm. It is time for them to arise and prophesy to the church, no matter the cost, that troublesome times are coming and that Christ is returning for a pure and spotless bride.

Is that a good nutshell?

I don't believe you are saying that every believer occupies the office of prophet, but that every believer who is hearing the voice of God can prophesy and speak forth what they are hearing, and that now is the time for them to do so, regardless of the cost. It is time for them to rise up in the spirit of a prophet and speak boldly to a church that has been fast asleep and often in bed with the world.

2017/9/15 7:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: A generation of prophets arise!

By God's grace, I have had the privilege of knowing an actual prophet and to be lovingly straightforward and disagreeable, they didn't have time to sit around writing and "talking" about being a prophet, they were too busy doing what a prophet does.

Matter of fact, the Lord told this prophet to never write a book about "being a prophet" and sadly,one day the spouse knew the prophets time was close because they stated, "The Lord said it's time, burn everything I've ever written down." And it was done.

We can talk all about what is and isn't a prophet but a true knows what God has called them too and they just do it because they are obedient to the end.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/9/15 7:56Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// We are in a bubble and the problem is if we judge our reality in the West as the whole we will be no better then someone is the southern states who says KJV english is the only true bible, it only works in America ...... ///

I would encourage you not to use dishonest strawmen statements like the one above,

Brother Keith Daniels is certainly not a southern american.

And the issues of the American church are not because they hold a view of inspiration as that of Bro Keith Daniels.

The issues of the American church are that they have a weak view of the Scriptures !

2017/9/15 8:10Profile

Re:

I have determined in my heart not to defend myself. The Lord called me to write to the nations many years ago ( it was prophesied over me which makes me smile given this thread) and that is what I do and what I will continue to do. But I will respond to those who have eyes to see. Bro Travis you have understood perfectly. God bless you brother............bro Frank

2017/9/15 8:42
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

We can all really Praise the Lord, when a generation of folks head for the streets to bring in the lost sheep. This will be the greatest movement ever, since Christ walked the earth.

2017/9/15 10:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//The American church, by and large, is asleep at the wheel, or worse, in a state of idolatry that parallels where Israel was when the prophets gave warning. //

Weren't the Israelites actually worshipping false idols, bowing baal, etc.

Even Osteens church worships the true God.

I am not saying the American church is in stellar shape by any means, but I do not believe idol worship is its main issue.

2017/9/15 11:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy