SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The easy way to discern Satanic music vs. music for worship of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Pnutty

Branson, MO

The easy way to discern Satanic music vs. music for worship of God

Can your pelvis get into a rhythm with the song? It is
*Satanic*

Can you at most only tap your fingers? That is worship music for God. Hymms, classical, Appalachian music etc all good.

I dont care what the lyrics are saying. Satan is great at Bible speak.

It is the beat, the rhythm.

2017/9/12 14:28Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: The EZ way to discern Satanic music vs. music for worship of God

Weird I thought if the music was glorifying to Christ Jesus and lifts His name up was the litmus test for what we would consider godly.

2017/9/12 14:51Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

pnutty,

I am sorry, but your distinction is not anywhere in the Bible. There are horrific songs with terrible lyrics that are slow.

How many BPM is satanic? Why rhythmic patterns are satanic?

I have been a musician all of my life--there is only 1 thing that distinguishes good worship vs bad--a heart that worships in spirit and truth and a heart that does not. Everything else can be thrown to the wind.

2017/9/12 14:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree havok- what matters is anointing

2017/9/12 18:08Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: The easy way to discern Satanic music vs. music for worship of God

Linda: I think its an over-simplification to say its "just the beat". Music is the creation of God, rhythm is the creation of God, artistry in general is God's creation.

The first place to discern music is "who's singing what"
The second is who is the subject of the song.
the third is does the music evoke worship, admiration, joy in God?
So with these little litmus testers...I don't seek holiness from AC/DC or look for Jesus in the lyrics of the Scorpions and I don't find worship of Jesus in any song glorifying the world, the flesh or the devil.
Once you get those down, then discerning Christian bands and their lyrics follows the same course.
Is the Christian band actually Christian in doctrine and practice?
Are the lyrics leading you to understand truth and love found in Jesus?
Is the song itself evoking a worshipful attitude, love or fear of God, trust and faith in Jesus.
The resultant sifting of Christian music is not to become some kind of 'filter' for everyone else so that if they like what you don't you somehow conclude they are fake and of course you are the real thing.
There's all kinds of stuff out there I don't find anointed, Christ-centered or even worshipful and then there's stuff that is just not my kind of music.
Be discerning of your own preferences, make sure what you promote or condemn is not simply your own personal tastes.

2017/9/12 19:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy