See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Flat Earth Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Caleb4life

A Flat Earth Testimony

Dear saints, 

Greetings with a heart full of love for you all!  I remain utterly thankful for this forum and ministry and continue to read the threads almost daily!  

Thank you Greg for your faithful labors of love over this site for so many years! 

Today, I am writing soberly with prayer for much grace. I know there have been some heated discussions lately about current events, but I want to take a moment to rekindle this discussion that I never replied to Todd about back in January. It ended when he questioned me in such a way that made me ponder long and hard about how to best reply. Then, in July, Fletcher started a great thread that mentioned similar themes, but was ended when Roger B bowed out (love you brother!). Still, the premise for Fletcher's post blessed me SO MUCH! He was examining the story of the sun standing still for Joshua in the scriptures and genuinely wanting to know how it jives with what "science" teaches. I still say Hallelujah to that healthy questioning! 

For those of you who are already cringing or being triggered as you read this thinking "hear we go again", I want to say thank you for your desire to contend for truth amidst the flood of lies in these days!  

As I have mentioned before, my journey of discovery and research of geocentric cosmology and flat earth has been ongoing since December of 2015.

Try as I might to ignore it, dismiss it, disprove it, or just plain move on from it, alas, I cannot.

I have watched countless hours of videos (everything from NASA, to news clips, to everyday people's YouTube channels), read lots of online articles (I.e. Answers in Genesis by brother Faulkner for example, or Rob Skiba at www.testingtheglobe.com, and even NASA.gov). Plus I've read old authors on the topic (I.e. Samuel Rowbotham & David Wardlaw Scott).

Not to mention conducting my own personal observations, using my God-given senses. My favorite observation thus far has been seeing the flat horizon always rise to my eye level when in an airplane, from take off, all the way up to 30,000 plus feet! I believe this can only happen on a flat plane. Yet based on the reported size of our globe, we should be able to see a curve at much shorter distances (such as when ships disappear over the horizon due to the curve, right?).  For those who might say "you just have not gotten high enough to see the curve", I ask "how high do you have to go?". 

In addition to all that, I've talked at length with many believers, friends (one is a commercial pilot!) and several relatives about these matters. 

Last, but far from least, I've spent no small amount of time reading and praying through many Bible verses, with a sincere heart for growing in the truth.

Through it all, til now, I've been reluctant to post my convictions, but after some recent reading and praying, I am compelled to share.

A particularly special book recently written by a dear brother that I've just met, Nathan Roberts, has uniquely inspired me. Like myself, he's been on a journey seeking the truth about Biblical cosmology. Consequently, he was compelled to share what he's learned, and as a result, was given the grace to write The Doctrine of the Shape of the Earth. It's only $3.99 for the e-book on Amazon, and I encourage you check it out, if you have any interest in this topic. 

In his book, with refreshing humility, Nathan does not claim to have all the answers. But what he does share is bold, provocative and in my opinion, a helpful tool (a primer if you will) to encourage investigation into this awakening (dare I say, revival).

Through this thread, at the very least, I'm hoping someone will benefit from taking a good, hard look at this topic, and be as edified as I have in the process. God's magnificent creation is even more unimaginably amazing than I ever knew, or have been taught!

As with all things, ultimately, each person must be convinced in their own minds, and do their own research on matters that they wish to explore. 

In the end, does the shape of the earth even matter? 

In light of hurricanes, rumors of wars, and the love of many growing cold, it might seem trivial.

Yet in these perilous times, I say the truth of God's word matters as much as ever! 

Thankfully, my confidence in the Word is growing, and my excitement in anticipation of His soon return is peaking!

Thank you all for taking the time to read my testimony! 

With heartfelt affection for you all in Christ Jesus,

Caleb 

P.S. I do now wholeheartedly believe that we live on a stationary, flat plane, under a dome (firmament) with our earth at the center of our universe, and the sun, moon and stars moving overhead! Glory to God! 

2017/9/9 10:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: A Flat Earth Testimony

Caleb- in your model are the stars embedded in the "firmament" and therefore essentially all the same distance away? And what is outside the dome?

2017/9/9 10:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/flat-earth-prediction-falls-flat/

2017/9/9 10:27Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

If I stand on a mesa or the edge of a bluff, I can see what lies beyond where the ground no longer is. If the earth is flat, ships would sail off it, planes would fly over the edge so that nothing would be under them AND you could see the end of the planet -- literally -- where space begins. People would book trips to the end of the earth because it would be all the rage--thrill seekers for the ultimate bungee jump.

The whole idea is just --- well. Mmm.

2017/9/9 10:58Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Caleb: As one who is trained in Physics and Mathematics and who is also an ardent believer, I would make a few comments.

First, I DO believe that the Earth is at the center of the universe. God desired to know us and fellowship with us so much that He created this planet for us to live on and then He created the Sun, Moon, and stars. The heavens declare the glory of God.

However, I do not believe that the earth is flat nor do I believe that everything orbits around the earth. Here are a few things we might ask consider if we have not already.

1. Satellites regularly orbit the earth. Some orbits are geostationary, and some wrap around both poles, mapping "stripes" of the globe with each passage. You can regularly see these satellites moving on a north and south plane early in the night. The laws of mathematics and physics that make orbit possible are well established and rely totally on the planet being a sphere. If the earth were flat, making satellites "stick" up there would be impossible. They must move around a spherical object with such speed that their freefall rate is offset by their speed so that they fall around the earth rather than falling into it. For geostationary satellites, this can only happen at a very precise altitude above the center of the earth.

2. We regularly video and photograph the earth from space. The curvature of the earth and its spherical nature are unmistakeable.

3. We experience eclipses. The very fact that this happens is reliant upon spherical bodies that all orbit the sun. The shadows themselves show the spherical nature of the moon and of the earth as these shadows are circular.

4. Eratosthenes in about 300 BC used shadow angles from the sun to calculate to within 1% of the modern, accepted value the radius and circumference of the earth. His observations were totally predicate upon a spherical earth. His observations are not even possible on a flat earth.

5. The arctic circle, the tropics, and the antarctic circle and the position of the sun at these locations during different times of the year are only possible on a spherical earth.

6. Pilots of long distance flights do not fly direct map paths to their destinations. They fly what are called great circle routes. On a flat map, these routes appear to be great arcs and make absolutely no sense since the shortest distance between two points on a flat map is a straight line. But the shortest distance between two points on a sphere is an arc, or a great circle route.

These are just a few of the things that came to mind immediately. I realize that the shape of the earth is not a heaven or hell issue. We could just as easily believe it to be a cube or a sausage for that matter. I know that there are a lost of websites now that advocate for a flat earth. But, unfortunately, I think they are really bad science.

2017/9/9 14:20Profile
leyoung

Good grief, Caleb. What a useless distraction from Christ in this day and age! Praying that you will move on to maturity.
L

2017/9/9 16:10Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re:

It's OK Caleb. I tend to see the earth as flat myself.

Job 38:4 Earth is rolled out like clay under a signet ring.

Rev 20:7-9 The four corners of the earth.. and also they marched across the breadth of the earth.

I don't pay attention to Science as a whole because it can be used as a two edged sword. Unless I experience it I tend to take a wait and see attitude. In Genesis God divided the water with a firmament. Sun and moon in the firmament as well as the birds. Maybe we should remove Genesis and Job.

Then we must ask why do we need drones if satellites can see everything, yet failed to see where all the missing planes went down in the ocean.

I really don't like to talk about the subject on this board Caleb. I try not to let these things be the main focus in my life. Focus on the things of deception instead because Satan is really into deception. He will have his kiss (Judas), he will have his two witnesses..perhaps he even has a fake son, the coming fake messiah. These are things I look at today.

2017/9/9 17:13Profile
dspks

Dakotas

I don't think the apostles would ever "dream" of bringing this topic up.

“For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.” 2 Corinthians 4:5

The sad truth is... this "wisdom" is presented from the pulpits.

2017/9/9 19:20Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I knew a young man once who at the age of eight decided that he was not sure that God was real. When my wife asked him why he replied that what he learned at church about creation and what he learned at school did not agree and that what he learned at school sounded more credible than what he heard at church. I once taught on creation and evolution at or church and the result was two young people being wonderfully saved.

I guess I am trying to say that discussions about science are not always unfruitful. Early scientists believed it was a way of thinking gods thoughts after him. Who knows.

2017/9/9 21:50Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Stick to Scripture

The topic of creation IS in Scripture...
"flat earth"... not so much...

2017/9/10 3:01Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy