SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wilkerson on Truth...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Wilkerson on Truth...

Wilkerson on Truth...

I have a question for you. Are you growing tired and weary of hearing the Word of God? Or do you eagerly look forward to hearing from the Lord, whether through written messages, tapes, books or from the pulpit?
It seems to me that the majority of Christians today are losing their love for the truth. So many go to church now just out of habit, expecting an hour or more of religious routine, but no convicting, soul-stirring message from God’s throne. I hear others who say they truly get depressed thinking of going to their church Sunday after Sunday, and not experiencing the manifest presence of Jesus.

There are a growing number of mega-churches where many thousands gather for an hour to hear a non-confrontational gospel, watch a humorous skit, and see sinners made to feel comfortable. Sin is not being exposed with spiritual authority. The demands of the Cross are never mentioned. And Christ, the Rock of offense, is preached as a non-offensive pal. There is no weeping, no repentance, no anguish for sinning against a holy God.

Some people have turned away from our ministry, saying it is too hard, too negative. I have seen Christians leave Times Square Church and seek out a church that doesn’t make them feel uncomfortable in their sins. But we are not at all interested in simply packing the house. We do not even count the numbers who come. As pastors, we know we have to stand before God and answer for the souls placed in our care. We preach a gospel of love and mercy - but also of a God who is holy and just, and is coming back one day for a spotless bride.

My cry for God’s people is this: Don’t lose your hunger and thirst for the truth. Seek for it; pray that the Holy Spirit will bring it to you. You can quickly become lukewarm, cold and indifferent. And you can end up in a church that will give you nothing but Bible principles, without power, and no ministry of the Holy Spirit in power and conviction.

I have noticed that fewer and fewer now write to us about how our messages are touching them. Fewer seem motivated to tell us of their hunger for truth and righteousness. What is encouraging is that more young people, including young couples, now write, describing their growing appetite for truth - soul-edifying, soul-provoking truth.
Let me ask you: Where will the enclosed message go? Into a wastebasket? Or will you take time to read it prayerfully? Does the truth touch you as it once did? I would love to know....

His bondservant,
DAVID WILKERSON

August, 2003

2003/10/19 4:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Wilkerson on Truth...

Quote:
I have noticed that fewer and fewer now write to us about how our messages are touching them. Fewer seem motivated to tell us of their hunger for truth and righteousness. What is encouraging is that more young people, including young couples, now write, describing their growing appetite for truth - soul-edifying, soul-provoking truth.
Let me ask you: Where will the enclosed message go? Into a wastebasket? Or will you take time to read it prayerfully? Does the truth touch you as it once did? I would love to know....

Well, this sounds like a challenge to me.
What about the rest of us here?

Lars, where did you get this? Off the TSC website?
From their newsletter? Regardless, I am going over to the site right now to try and find this so that I may respond. Hopefully one of us will be able to give more details shortly.

Edit:
Here is the information.
Main site:
http://www.worldchallenge.org/

Link to this particular newsletter:
http://www.worldchallenge.org/dwmessages/covers/cl03_0811.html

Email to respond:
[email protected]

This may now be October and that particular newsletter written 2 months ago, but for those of us who have been blessed and encouraged by Mr. Wilkerson, could we not take a moment to drop a note in response?

2003/10/19 10:32Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

A link which will take you to the Wilkerson site:

http://www.worldchallenge.org/dwmessages/covers/cl03_0811.html

2003/10/19 10:52Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

You are faster than me Lars! I just did an edit on my original response.

2003/10/19 10:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy