SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Disaster Upon Disaster

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

"Let those celebrating birthdays be as those who have no more birthdays..."

2017/9/6 7:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It seems sort of unfair that the coastal states have to take the beating for all the other states.

2017/9/6 7:13Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Disaster Upon Disaster

What is this is not judgment against America (Cuba may get hit worse) but a judgment against trusting in the things of this world. We are not laying our treasures up in heavenly realms.

California is burning and Montana has something like a half million or more acres burning at once. Bangladesh has lost 1200 people or more due to floods and India is flooding, it's just not America.

People everywhere are losing, literally, the little they own to the much they own.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/9/6 8:15Profile
savannah

Re:" instruction"

Oh No!...no more birthdays!

"Let those celebrating birthdays be as those who have no more birthdays..."

StirItUp,

Were you instructed as Bear says he was in this quote from his post,

"It has come to the point where He has instructed me to STOP praying for His grace and mercy."

2017/9/6 9:21Profile

Re: God is Speaking on the Whirlwind.

Job 28:23-25. NASB 

23 “God understands its way,
            And He knows its place.

24 “For He looks to the ends of the earth
            And sees everything under the heavens.

25 “When He imparted weight to the wind
            And meted out the waters by measure,

26 When He set a limit for the rain
            And a course for the thunderbolt,

27 Then He saw it and declared it;
            He established it and also searched it out.

28 “And to man He said, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom;
            And to depart from evil is understanding.’”

Nahum 1:3  ESV

The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, and the LORD will by no means clear the guilty. ••• His way is in whirlwind and storm,••• and the clouds are the dust of his feet... Dots added for emphasis.

Jeremiah 2:19.  NASB 

"Your own wickedness will correct you, And your apostasies will reprove you; Know therefore and see that it is evil and bitter For you to forsake the LORD your God, And the dread of Me is not in you," declares the Lord GOD of hosts.

Hebrews 10:31.  NASB 

It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

•••

Hurricane Harvey was desscribed as a once in a 500-year storm. Others have said it is a once-in-a-lifetime storm. Estimates were that over 30 trillion gallons of water fell in the Houston area.  That is a hard thing to wrap one's mind around.  To record hurricane Harvey is considered the most destructive storm to make landfall in the US. Dwarfing even Katrina.

Now Irma, spinning around in the Atlantic, is considered the most powerful storm ever recorded in history. The storm is so powerful that it is set off seismic detectors. Seismic detectors that register earthquake activity.

Is God speaking in the whirlwind.  I believe the scriptures above answer that question. The question is. Are we fearing God for who He is and what He is about to do?

For those who would scoff at this notion then please consider the scripture below.

BEHOLD, YOU SCOFFERS, AND MARVEL, AND PERISH; FOR I AM ACCOMPLISHING A WORK IN YOUR DAYS, A WORK WHICH YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE, THOUGH SOMEONE SHOULD DESCRIBE IT TO YOU.'"

Acts 13:41.  NASB

God is indeed speaking in the whirlwind.  But will we in fear and trembling with humility receive His word which can save our souls?

Do we fear the Lord?

Poated with utmost sobreity.

Bro Blaine 

2017/9/6 9:44

: (

I just watched a video of Hurricane Irma in Sint Maarten, it is like a monster storm... We had a same strength supertyphoon in my native country years ago, and many people died... My location was not affected but if it were, our house's roof will not stand it...

2017/9/6 9:57
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"His way is in the whirlwind and the storm" is a poetic way of saying "God is in control."

He is even in the great majority of tropical storms and hurricanes that never touch land.

I am curious where you see hurricanes and wildfires as judgments in scripture.

Wildfires exist because dry stuff burns, and either idiots light them for kicks or lightning ignites them

You realize that God created certain seeds cones that can only be propagated by forest fire? Why would He do such a thing?

ADD: my mom and dads home in FL is in the path of Irma so I do not take it lightly. Nor do I believe that it is a judgment from God.

2017/9/6 9:59Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The greatest disaster I see, is the folks spreading this fear...
Jesus said about the ones who needed to see signs and wonders in order to believe on Him. He said, and I will quote, “Only a wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign.” This was spoken to the pharisees who demanded to see a sign. Jesus sharply rebuked them and then told them that the only “sign” that would be given for people to believe is the sign of Jonah…in other words…the only “sign” that would be given for people to believe was the death, burial, and resurrection of the living God! Basically, Jesus was saying to the pharisees, as He still says to us today, that if you don’t believe based on the death, burial, and resurrection, then nothing else will make you truly believe. And that’s the way it still stands today. Yet many still get lured in to seeking after the supernatural signs and wonders and much of their faith is based upon such seeking. Dangerous.

2017/9/6 11:35Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re:

Amazing to think of it. Hosea writes about Ephraim. God doesn't know what to do with him.

2017/9/6 15:12Profile

Re: John Piper Article

Like to article below by John Piper. He discusses will God judge America.

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/will-america-be-judged

Bro Blaine

2017/9/6 18:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy