SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : YouTube Censorship of Dr. Micheal Brown

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 YouTube Censorship of Dr. Micheal Brown

It all happened in the course of one night, and it happened quite suddenly.

Last Thursday night, I noticed that YouTube demonetized my interview with a former KKK Grand Dragon who is now an associate pastor in an African American church, claiming it was “Not suitable for all advertisers”? Why wouldn’t it be? It was a great, positive, redemptive story, one that the whole world should hear. Why flag it?

The demondetizing of this video was the first thing that got my attention, but I thought to myself, “It’s probably because it has KKK in the title.”

For months now, we had noticed that almost any video we had with “Islam” in the title would get demonetized. But when we would request a review from YouTube, some of the videos would get reinstated.

Still, we had seen a drop of more than 65 percent in our AskDrBrown YouTube income, despite producing more, not less videos. What was causing this to happen?

We are a non-profit ministry, and every dime that comes in goes back into ministry work. Why the precipitous decline?

Well, no sooner did I see that the Grand Dragon video had been flagged than I spotted a note on our channel from YouTube. It explained that, if we had seen a drop in video income, it could be that our videos had been marked as not suitable for all advertisers.

That’s when the shocking reality began to unfold.

More Than 900 Videos
It wasn’t just a few videos here and there that were flagged. It was dozens of them. No, wait, it was pages of them. No wait, pages and pages of them.

Literally, in front of my eyes, I watched the pages grow — from 2 pages, to 5, to 7, to 10, to 15, to 20, to, 32 pages, each with 30 videos — so, more than 900 videos.

It wasn’t individual videos being flagged. It was our account that was flagged.

Suddenly, the vast majority of our videos had been demonetized since the content was ostensibly too controversial.

read more: https://stream.org/youtube-just-demonetized-hundreds-videos/

2017/8/21 7:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: YouTube Censorship of Dr. Micheal Brown

"Suddenly, the vast majority of our videos had been demonetized since the content was ostensibly too controversial."

This does not surprise me at all because it is happening on every form of the Social Media as well as the News Media.
It is the spirit of antichrist at work.

We cannot allow our light to be hid under a bushel, but may the fire of the Holy Spirit burn in us brightly, and may the Ekklesia of Jesus Christ be the light of the world that we have been called to be so that the gospel can be spread to the ends of the earth.

2017/8/21 9:16Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Is it possible that God has allowed this to separate the Profit from the Prophet?

2017/8/21 11:03Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

It is not that he is for Christ. No. The pretextual reasons will be that he is offensive, racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc.

These are like early returns in the world's final election of Satan as its god. The offenses of those who follow Jesus in truth will mount in severity. We will be called every unholy thing. We will be tempted to defend ourselves and wonder what, how and why. But we are not to be dismayed. No, folks, it is an honor to be called all of these things. Michael Brown has been awarded the distinction of offense: he bears the faintest indentations now of the One they called a winebibber and accused of being a bastard child. Let the offenses mount. Jesus is coming to judge.

2017/8/21 11:07Profile

sign of the times

media like Youtube that censor things about God but rather promotes promiscuity and unholy videos...

:)

2017/8/21 11:49

Re:

Tim writes

"The pretextual reasons will be that he is offensive, racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc."

Exactly right brother. When you consider the CEOs of Facebook and Amazon and Google, we are looking at some of the most powerful men in the world. When you consider the mobilization of the antifa, a weaponized self-righteous mob, then we have some dark days ahead of us as Christians. Today the mob stands against "hate." Now, define hate in the minds of these people. Hate is, in their minds, racist, homophobic and Islamaphobic. Who stands accused by some of the highest authorities in the land of Islamaphobia and homophobia? Christians. Not all Christians mind you, much of Christendom has capitulated on these mattters, no, its the so called fundamental Christians who are the enemy, who are the haters. So, if the police are ordered to stand down and allow the mob to rampage and destroy property and attack their opponents, opponents who are deemed reprehensible enough to be attacked in the name of standing against hate, then at some point Christians will be allowed to be attacked, Christian places of business and worship, perhaps even well known Christians houses.

We have seen this before, it was called Krstillnacht, the night of broken glass, when the Nazis ordered the police to stand down as Jewish businesses and places of worship were attacked and 93 men were killed. And shortly after that all Jewish business had to have the star of David painted on the windows and all Jewish people had to wear an armband identifying themselves as Jews...........bro Frank

2017/8/21 12:41

For the message of the CROSS is foolishness to those who are perishing...

If Apostle Paul preach the verse below in our generation, he will ba hated so much too like Dr. Micheal Brown is hated now for being "offensive" [insert a type of sin here]

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."

~ 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

2017/8/21 13:28
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: For the message of the CROSS is foolishness to those who are perishing...

Well said, everyone.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ IS truly offensive to those who pretend to love Jesus but hate what he taught. Like the proverbial young woman who is "in love with being in love" or the proverbial guy who loves the pursuit more than the object of his pursuit, there are many people -- even casual "Christians" -- who are truly offended by what Jesus actually taught. They are desperate to recreate and love the "Jesus" that they made in their own image than love and follow the real Jesus.

True believes in Christ will become increasingly hated by this world. They want a benign and inoffensive Jesus in which they only follow "love" without the truth and justice of God.

It reminds me of Christian and Faithful's journey through Vanity Fair -- and the persecution that they met there.

Believers in the West have been blessed to live in a place and time in which they aren't persecuted as they were in the beginning. Persecution IS coming. I've always believed that the world and its puppetmasters in the media and politics -- unwittingly controlled themselves by the evil one -- will come to characterize believers as part of some "evil cult" while they publicly celebrate sin.

It reminds me of this passage:

"We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day."

I Corinthians 4:10-13

2017/8/21 14:58Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

I agree with everything that has been posted here. However the point of my post was that the issue with Michael Brown seems to be a loss of revenue from advertising linked to his videos. This is how utube works, as well as a platform to share teaching videos, it is a money making platform. Question is, should we be relying on these ungodly platforms to bring in cash? By all means we can use them to spead the gospel while we can, but being upset about the income from the gospel?......that's a different thing all together.

Edit:Add... Unless I misunderstand, he has not had his videos removed or banned, just no adverts linked to them to bring in money.

2017/8/21 15:08Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Understood.

And, what a tactic. Force him to remain silent or complain and look like a mercenary wretch. Win-win for the folks at Google.

2017/8/21 17:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy