SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A question on the discipline of the Lord in the life of believers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hey guys right now no drug history or medication unless you consider coffee one. I do take vitamins and they helped a minimum with this. Eating better and exercising also but it hasn't done much because this is I believe a spiritual struggle. In the past I have sought out deliverancevministers and has people pay hands on me which I regret, but I have confessed and repented of doing much of that. Even though I have been seeking for wisdom and prayer for this torment I have been going through. Yes, I think your right my faith is a little shaky and I am not able to discern God's voice clearly because I am hearing a lot of stuff. The book of Colossians has been helping me see the cross clearly and understanding what was done for me 2000 years ago.to see Christ and bring complete in him and his he is the answer nothing else. In regards to my church decision. I really thought the Lord was showing me to stay, but it was when I would actually think about going to a Thursday night bible study at the other church I would get the oppressive attacks and a voice that basically telling me you better not go or the Lord will discipline me. So I kind of said wait one second maybe it wasn't from the Lord, why would he keep me from going to a fellowship that has got me closer to him in prayer and in the word. So I began to resist that but was unsure if it was from the Lord or not. So my seed of unbelief might be causing these attacks.

2017/8/17 9:24

Re:

One of the issues I was having at the one church was that the messages were not seeming to edify me. Their seemed to be something wrong and then one day I was listening to television and rick warren was preaching and I realized it was the same message from my pastor almost verbatim. Well I looked into it and I found my pastor sometimes uses rick warren sermon outlines and he does say some of own stuff in the sermon but some of the quotes are right from rick warren. It is really strange because at the same time we are really big on the word and prayer. When I found that out I was afraid and angry but I was very disappointed because I wanted to make this church My home. I emailed my pastor about it and he was very gracious and admitted to using others material and was given permission to use the messages. I dont know what to do, part of me just wants to leave, but the other part of me says I was being used their by the Lord reaching out to the youth. It is frustrating, but I have hard time sitting their knowing these messages are not original and from rick warren. What does the lord want me to do.

2017/8/19 21:19
lovejt

Re:

bro John. Hang in there. Each day is a new day. His tender mercies are new every morning. A day meant for unbroken fellowship with God moment by moment. He is the one who saves in all our situations. Keep close. Continually in the Word and Prayer. Rejoicing always. Thanking always. Praising always. Worshipping always. All things work for the good...

Have you gone thru Derek Prince's materials on the demonics and spiritual warfare?

2017/8/20 12:22Profile

Re:

Hey brother thank you. I have listened to him a little and also read a book by him tearing down strongholds. He is pretty good. I also read chip ingram invisible war.the problem with me is believing., their is a seed of doubt and I am believing wrongs things about God and his nature. A lot of things I read and hear but it goes right through me many times. I don't mean too but it seems I listen to my feelings and emotions more than what is his in his word. I try not to but it I am very weak at times. It is like a war going in my mind to believe the truth but their is another force Satan bringing all of his schemes to keep me from walking in victory. I believe the Lord will deliver me brother I do. Thank you for your and everyone's encouragement.

2017/8/20 14:28

Re:

Also I have a lot of fear and anxiety

2017/8/20 14:29
a-servant

Re:

Your first two posts on this page in short : "go to other bible study and the Lord will discipline you", and "he" is communicating that by giving you or allowing oppressive attacks.

That is some other spirit than God. Jesus sets people free, not oppress them when they make a false move. Must be some good bible study if some other spirit sees the control over you in danger.

While the current place also serves" messages from rick warren" - that's complete malnutrition, but since it does not result in oppressive attacks it must be "other spirit" approved.

Following your story as you explained it you are at the wrong place currently.

2017/8/20 21:42Profile

Re:

Thanks brother for your wisdom. The Lord answered a prayer of mine. My wife rarely attends church with me and anyways she went to the one fellowship I really enjoy last week and then this week I planned on going back to my usual church and then my wife wanted to go again to the church we went to last week. My wife is either not saved or fully committed. But my prayer was that the Lord the only way I would go to the church was if my wife went otherwise I was going to stay put. My wife told me she wants to regularly attend now. Isn't that crazy how the Lord answered that.

2017/8/20 23:14

Re:

That happened today

2017/8/20 23:15
lovejt

Re:

Thats such awesome news bro.

Are you still getting the same warfare or is it different now then before?

2017/8/22 15:30Profile

Re:

Today is has been a little better but it was still hard at first. But, my wife told me she plans on coming with me every week, praise God. We have been married ten years and this has never came out of her mouth. Their are some their who have been praying daily for her their. This woman who befriended told her that. Wow praise god.i am happy my prayer was answered.

2017/8/22 19:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy