Re:

Zapthycat,

Who is that in your avatar picture?

RT

2005/6/22 3:23Profile
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Re: Positive Thing

You probably meant to phrase your question a bit differently, but since you asked ...

In I Timothy 5:23, Paul seems to mention a "positive thing" that was done for Timothy by drinking alcohol. (At least he considered it to be positive, whether or not Timothy ever followed his counsel.) "No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments." Sounds like medicinal purposes to me. :-)

I actually get a bit nervous when we try and use man's reasoning to figure out God's standards on such issues as this. It's probably a whole lot safer to see what God says about it in His already revealed Word.

2005/6/22 7:28Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Not sure if this point has been made yet...

[b]Jesus[/b] went to a wedding party where alcohol is served. Indeed, he turned water to [i]wine[/i] when they ran out of alcohol.

All biblical counsel points to moderation, not abstinence. Of course, if you [i]choose[/i] to, you can completely refrain from alcohol; however, that does not give you the right to judge others who drink in moderation.

2005/6/22 10:17Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

RT:

I'm not sure who that is, I'm not sure how it got there either... ROFL. :)

Jarrod

2005/6/22 13:00Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

by ReceivedText on 2005/6/22 0:17:36

Let's take a step back and look at this issue. I'd like an answer to this question:

What positive thing has drinking alcohol ever done for anybody?

RT

Ask Jesus:
I believe that Jesus when to places that men would be. every good fishermen knows where the fish is. "I will make you fishers of men."
Luke 5:36-39
"And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old." (When you become a new creature in Christ, the old things do not agree with the new creation.)
"And no man putteth new wine into old bottles (wineskins); else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles (wineskins) shall perish.
"But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
"No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better."
HE is the potter, we are the clay; we are his vessels to be filled with what heaven has for us. Paul tells us "Be not drunk with wine, wherein is dissipation, but be filled with the Holy Spirit!"
It's in the word, look to heaven Thank you Holy Spirit for your word of true "as it is written"
"

2005/6/22 14:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy