SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : False Teachers in our own Ranks

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

2017/8/7 14:59Profile
savannah

Re:

Blaine's question;

"What are the scriptural proofs that one can take the mark of the beast during the tribulation and still repent and be saved?"

If there were a literal mark and a literal 7 year tribulation I'd contribute to this thread. But the fact that both are null and void it's a moot point.

It's like saying, "If the earth were flat could I fall off?" And then what would become of me?

2017/8/7 15:16Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: receiving the mark

To answer brother Blaine...

The mark, whatever it is, spiritual or literal, seems to be received willingly and voluntarily and may be a reflection of where the treasure is there the heart is also.
Consequently, a friend of the world makes himself the enemy of God. He will thus perish with the world and face the fiery judgement of God and therefore will not be saved and counted among those whose hearts remained loyal to their Savior and their God.

Blessings,

2017/8/7 15:17Profile

Re:

••• The mark, whatever it is, spiritual or literal, seems to be received willingly and voluntarily and may be a reflection of where the treasure is there the heart is also.
Consequently, a friend of the world makes himself the enemy of God. He will thus perish with the world and face the fiery judgement of God and therefore will not be saved and counted among those whose hearts remained loyal to their Savior and their God. •••

Ageed brother.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/7 15:22

Re:

Brother Blaine,

I believe you are correct to suggest an error in his teaching, after all, it resembles, "Thou shalt not surely die."

Thanks for being vigilant while it is still day.

Beth

2017/8/16 18:34
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: False Teachers in our own Ranks

There are a couple of things I would like to address.
1. John Macarthur is not a false prophet, he is not a false teacher or a liar nor a wolf to the body of Christ, to those who say such things, you are in error, sin and very wrongly accusing Pastor John.
2. Taking the mark is not the unforgivable sin, there is one, Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, but this is not that.
3. Jesus said every kind of sin and blasphemy even against Jesus himself could be forgiven. This sin falls under that category. In making Pastor John false you must also undo the words of Jesus by relegating taking the mark as another "unforgivable sin". But those who are students of scripture fear God and would fear to even think such a thing let alone presume to add to the words of Jesus.
4. This accusation hinges on an assumed interpretation of scripture, that being "an assumed finality" meaning that taking the mark would be the end of God's working in their hearts or God would not make any further efforts to bring them to the knowledge of the truth.
5. This text in Revelation can be equally interpreted as the "final outcome if unrepented of". For we know in scripture demon possessed men who were saved, evil kings of the most wicked sort were forgiven and repented and every other kind of sinner given the grace to enter God's kingdom. This taking the mark of the beast is no different in either heinousness or degree of punishment.
For we know John does not hesitate to say " all liars" will have their part in the Lake of Fire.
One need not read much of the Bible to know that liars are as equally doomed as mark-takers for sin is of the same root and produces the same fruit.
I agree with Pastor John. I too do not always agree with his eschatology, but to call him a false prophet is a serious accusation and in this case, I could never stand in agreement with it.
Pastor John would be the first one to teach that God's grace is not shortened by the evil men do ( not withstanding the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit) and has rightly concluded that even in this terrible time of judgment from God that the offer of forgiveness and mercy is still outstretched and can wash away that mark just as easily as any other sins committed by men.

Lastly, please do not read my directness as hardness toward anyone, I too have faults that godly men and women must see and help me to overcome.

2017/8/25 11:43Profile
savannah

Re: the examination table

I, for one, do not see your directness as hardness!

You say, "I too have faults that godly men and women must see and help me to overcome."

Welcome to the examination table of the SI forum.

2017/8/25 13:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree with you Marvin.

John M may not always be right, but neither were the apostles.

2017/8/25 14:13Profile
passerby

Re:

What do you think?

Revelations 14 (excerpts)

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

2017/8/25 18:18Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think that is an extremely esoteric passage from apocalyptic literature and any attempt to literalize it and apply it to some future (to us) scenario is on exceedingly shaky exegetical and eschatological ground.

That's what I think.

2017/8/25 19:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy