SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Raised from the dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I'm sure a few here remember my heart attack back in Feb. 2015, I was doa at the hospital, so someone somehow brought me back to life. Was it the paramedic in the back with me that was praying for me? or was it the Doctors and nurses at the hospital? or was it just God, and God alone? There's no doubt God had a part in it, and he's the one I'm personally giving the credit to. For folks here that really want to know what death was like for me, no I didn't see Jesus, or bright lights or Heaven, nor did I see or hear anything. The thing I remember most, is just the peace I encountered when I went out, and the peace I had when I woke up in icu.

I'm not sure if my post, really contributes to the original question, but I can say, I've been raised up from the dead, but there were so many involved, do I give the credit to any man or God? I just choose to give God the credit, because he worked through man to bring me back. I guess he wasn't finished with me yet, he knew the world needed more humor. I've always been a humorous person, some here I've seen appreciate my humor, and some probably don't, it just the way God made me, and I've never felt the spirit tell me to stop, matter fact we live in such an angry would, I'm hoping God sends me in a lot of backup soon. :-)

2017/8/1 10:05Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Mr Bill, Absolutely give God all the credit and glory!
I also can say, many times God has healed and preserved me and also in a similar situation.

So this is not about what God does or does not do, this is about what people claim they have the authority to do and can do!

I think I have made my point and those who just want to keep right on with the mantra despite the evidence won't be persuaded I guess.

2017/8/1 10:16Profile

Re:

"""""I'm not sure if my post, really contributes to the original question, but I can say, I've been raised up from the dead, but there were so many involved, do I give the credit to any man or God?"""""

Amen, praise God Brother.

Brother Dave,
I understand how heartbreaking it is to see the attention fall on man when it comes to any of the gifts. Didn't Jesus warn us that there would be those who creep into the fold deceiving others?

Yet I trust Jesus words regardless of how man misuses or misrepresents God.

John 14: 12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask[c] anything in My name, I will do it.

Anything that is done is so that the Father will be glorified in the Son.

Benny Hinn may be doing his own thing, but that doesn't negate the words of Jesus. Let God deal with Benny Hinn...pray for him that he will truly know Jesus. We are called to pray for our enemies.

If we focus on Jesus and not man, trusting the Lord with all of hearts, not leaning on our own understanding, the Lord will direct our path. The gifts of the Spirit our not for our benefit...they are to bring honor and glory to Jesus alone so that many will be saved.

This is the purpose of the baptism of the Holy Spirit:

Acts 1: 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me[a] in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Edited: to take out words that were not seasoned ....Please know this is to encourage, not to be defensive, prideful, or anything else. We are all growing in the Lord.

2017/8/1 10:30
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Dave, why do you worry so much about this fake stuff?
The counterfeit was always there and always will be until Christ returns.

We all know it will rather get worse than better.

Jesus warned us about this but also gave us indications how to detect it. He never asked us to stay clear of anything to do with the supernatural but to be watchful. Did Moses stop performing miracles just because they were replicated by magicians?

Satans strategy is to get people into extremes. Charismania on the one end and cessationism on the other end. I do not have to choose between the two. That is a lie.

I believe many works of Christ are left undone on earth because of unbelief covered up in "concerned skepticism".

A man who walks in faith will always take some risk.

Why not focus on the good and right and true? Why not stick to God's word even if it upsets convenience, common sense and laws of nature?

2017/8/1 10:39Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Heydave
So this is not about what God does or does not do, this is about what people claim they have the authority to do and can do!

I think I have made my point and those who just want to keep right on with the mantra despite the evidence won't be persuaded I guess.

You haven't made any point, you asking people to post what they've done is asking us to brag what the LORD has done through us and I won't be a part of it.

It's not about proving what what anyone can do or has done, it's about what YOU believe the word tells you YOU can do. If the Word alone doesn't convince you that these things are possible, then nothing anyone else says will convince you.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/8/1 10:50Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

"You haven't made any point, you asking people to post what they've done is asking us to brag what the LORD has done through us and I won't be a part of it."

Sad post Lysa and probably why we have no credibility with people in the world.

I did not ask people to post what they have done and certainly not to brag, but I asked a simple fair question, which about experiencing a dead to life extraordinary miracle.

All I have got in response is a lot of 'other testimonies' and a lot of defensive behaviour, but no experience of what many are claiming. Either the bible is wrong (which I don't believe) or there is a wrong understanding of what it is saying (which I believe is the case).

And it's not about what You believe YOU can do! Sounds a bit like Oprah talk.

2017/8/1 11:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Heydave....I asked a simple fair question, which about experiencing a dead to life extraordinary miracle.
All I have got in response is a lot of 'other testimonies'.

Dave, this was why I was hesitant to post my personal experience, I was not really sure of the question, if my personal testimony was out of line with your question, I can delete my post.

2017/8/1 11:12Profile

Re:

""""All I have got in response is a lot of 'other testimonies' and a lot of defensive behaviour, but no experience of what many are claiming. Either the bible is wrong (which I don't believe) or there is a wrong understanding of what it is saying (which I believe is the case).""""""

Brother Dave, would you forgive me for my words sounding harsh or defensive? That was not my intention. I'm truly sorry for that. What I shared was only to encourage you. I will be more careful that my words are seasoned with salt. You are my Brother, and I don't want to be at odds.

2017/8/1 11:19
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I was not personally present, but I know the man who was raised and I know all of the people well who were there. A pastor was preaching at a youth camp. During his sermon he fell over dead. There were medically trained people present who verified that he had no pulse, no respiration, and was dead. The leaders and the youth gathered around him and began to pray. He came back from the dead and from a chair continued his sermon before allowing anyone to take him to the hospital to be checked out. I am not sure how long he was dead.

A couple of months ago, at a prayer meeting, a man who is in construction asked for prayer for his knee. One has been operated on and replaced. The other was bothering him to the point that getting up or down was extremely painful. I felt I should lay my hand on his knee and pray for him. There were no immediate signs or manifestations and no emotion really. 24 hours later at our midweek service he testified that for 24 hours he had absolutely no knee pain and was healed. That was a couple of months ago, and he remains totally pain free and strong in that knee.

I have seen or have had immediate friends or relatives who have seen many such healings and gifts of the Holy Spirit in operation. My grandfather, when a little boy, had his eye blinded by being burned by a lit match that was accidentally shoved into his eye. The eye turned totally white and he could not see out of it at all. While his mother bathed it with a cold, wet towel to ease the pain, a very godly woman who was visiting came into the room and prayed for his eye. When she removed her hand from over his eye, it was clear, all pain was gone, and sight had been totally restored.

Just a few testimonies.

2017/8/1 17:30Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Travis, Thank you. So we at least have one that is close to being a personal experience, if as you say you know the folk that were there.
I have no reason to doubt you and would not want to.

But it still illustrates for us that this is a quite rare occurance, so that we cannot declare we have the authority and gifting to go around raising the dead as Jesus did or as the Apostles in the first century did. But praise God when He does do this.

I know from other posts you accept that there are false manifestations of the gifts as well as genuine. This is what I believe, but I think in the day in which we live there is far more false than true and this ix what I am trying folk to consider and be honest about.

2017/8/1 18:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy