SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Raised from the dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Raised from the dead

Can anyone tell us if they have first hand experience of raising someone or seeing someone raised from the dead? I'm taling about an immediate miracle of a truly dead person standing up immediately upon being prayed for or spoken to. No second hand accounts or anecdotal stories please, were you there at the time it happened and did you see it and can you verify that thatt really was a miracle? That you know without doubt they were dead and immediately became alive?

2017/7/31 18:27Profile
dohzman

Re: Raised from the dead

If you want to talk to a Pastor who was raised from the dead his name is Brother Dave Lombardi. I can give you his phone number if you would like. He is senior pastor of Trinity Gospel Temple in Canton Ohio. Just let me know.

2017/7/31 21:32Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

D Miller, Thank you but I am disputing that God can raise someone from the dead today and I am not trying to prove that any of the gifts have ceased.

However what I am interested in is if anyone here on SI has first hand experience of this type of miracle as I described above. If, as many on the forum suggest, all the gifts including miracles such as raising the dead are readily available to us today if we just avail ourselves and believe, you would expect that given the combined years of Charismatic involvement from all those on SI there would be at least a handful of these direct experiences.

Were you involved or there at the time this happened? What was the circumstances of him being raised, was it like we read in the gospels or Acts, i.e. immediate dead to life?

Let's see. Maybe someone here can give us a personal experience they were present at. That would be good.

2017/8/1 4:55Profile

Apostles had a unique great power and authority

The Apostles had a unique great power and authority that Jesus Christ given to them directly...

The Twelve Disciples; Instructions for Service
"Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness."
~ Matthew 10:1

I've heard Zac Poonen in his preaching that there was an incredible miracle happened in his church that is like raising someone from the dead but he did not specify exactly what happened....

But, I am not concern so much about witnessing a dead person raise from the death.. I am more concern where people go after they die thus we share the Gospel...

2017/8/1 6:12
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Hey bro Dave,

Quote: " If, as many on the forum suggest, all the gifts including miracles such as raising the dead are readily available to us today if we just avail ourselves and believe"

I think that statement is incorrect and am not sure anyone asserted it exactly like that...?

We know that the gifts and demonstrations of the Holy Spirit are given as He wills in certain circumstances, however this does not negate their reality.
I have been personally present when demons were cast out, where someone was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in other tongues (many times) etc.

I'm pretty sure that, if believers were led by the Holy Spirit, for a specific reason, to raise a person from the dead, this could be done in Jesus Name, for a witness, especially in the more remote, dark and unbelieving areas of the world.

Men of God, such as Smith Wigglesworth, had a ministry of healing and testified to raising the dead and we have no reason to doubt him as his ministry was one of integrity and many witnesses could attest to this.

Maybe more dead would be raised if we actually obeyed God and trusted Him for it, who knows?

I am concerned, bro Dave, that on the one hand you affirm that the gifts are for today but on the other keep bringing arguments against them?

I respect your knowledge of scripture and input on the forum so this, to me, is a bit confusing.

Blessings,

2017/8/1 6:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Some folks really want to believe and therefore tend toward gullibility; others really want to believe and tend toward skepticism.

The latter would seem to be the wiser position; however Thomas took this position and was chided by the Lord.

I understand Daves concern. We always hear these stories of dramatic healings etc but they always seem to happen far away, or at another time, and there is never any solid medical evidence or video even in today's age of rampant cell phones etc.

Then a couple of years ago the "pet" miracle was leg lengthening "miracles" that were rampant on YouTube etc. This is also the very easiest miracle to fake.

So it seems that skepticism is inconsistent with an attitude of faith, but there has to be some level of skepticism to avoid being taken in by charlatans or exaggerated stories. I remember when I used to run with a more charismatic crowd and they really didn't like it when I expressed skepticism, and I had quite a bit about a lot of charismatic practices.

2017/8/1 7:14Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

William,

Definitely it has been stated that ALL the gifts are available to all spirit filled believers and that we just have to believe and operate in them.

Yes I do believe in the continuation of the gifts, but not in the typical Pentecostal interpretation of the Baptism of the Spirit and the emphasis on certain unverifiable gifts. I am arguing against this, not against God the Holy Spirit giving certain gifts in certain instances as He wills for specific purposes.

So far no one has offered personal experience of the type of exceptional miracles that the apostles performed, which tells me they are not very common and certainly not at the disposal of any Christian at any time. It's not like people are not dying in the USA or the West.

Why is it all the emphasis is on gifts like tongues, prophecy, discerning of spirits, etc that can rarely be verified. If anyone speaks in a 'tongue' who can show that it is genuine or not? If I bring a prophecy, unless it is out and out heresy, who can say if God really inspired me to speak it or not? Again I'm not saying there is not genuine tongues or prophecy, but my experience over many years is I suspect the majority is not. This is without getting into the real wacky out and out false prophecies that never get challenged or repented of.

I know it may seems strange that I am questioning these things, but we should not be afraid to question what is being practiced and put out in the churches, or do we just close our minds and go along with it only to find out when it's too late that we have be misled and misled others.

Just on the issue of casting out of demons, I too have had close involvement with this ministry and seen people 'manifest' what can appear to be demonic activity. Again there is much false about this type of ministry. I think only on a rare occasion can I say I saw a genuine demonic manifestation and deliverance, unfortunately most of it is suggestive manipulation by the one doing the ministry and psychological responses/emotions. I've seen people supposedly have dozens and dozens of supposed demons cast out of them over a long period of time, but no fruit comes from it, because it is not demonic at all.

2017/8/1 7:21Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Brother Dave and Todd,

I also have been disillusioned by men that had a great influence over me when I was still a young believer and studying at a "Charismatic" Bible School, men like Benny Hinn who not only preached powerful messages in our church that I remember to this day but also introduced us to another dimension of relationship with God the Holy Spirit.
I experienced that presence of the Holy Spirit in powerful ways and he worked in my life and through my life in unforgettable, undeniable power, resulting in me loving the Lord more than ever and I cannot recall ever doubting that the Spirit I received was from God, as we were gathered in Jesus Name and were worshipping Him in spirit and truth.

Just because he has fallen into the money trap and seems to have gone off the rails concerning the prophetic does this invalidate the early years? does it now mean the Holy Spirit was not working through those men and may be doing so even today, despite their evident errors?

Just a few things that happened in corporate worship in our church:

1. While a psalmist was playing piano and singing a demon left a person without anyone laying hands or praying specifically. How do we know it was a demon? It came out with a shriek and the amazing thins was that the shriek travelled through the air over our heads and left the building! Believe it or not...

2. I was with a friend who is an evangelist and he was ministering in a small rural church in South Africa. As he prayed for people afterwards a lady became stiff as a board because of demonic possession. They carried her out like a log, by the hands and feet, and her body remained as stiff as a board, totally impossible from a natural standpoint.Believe it or not...

3. A recent personal testimony of the Holy Spirit working through me in a home group. As we were worshipping and praying I was inspired to read from the book of Ephesians regarding the headship of Christ over all things, for the church which is His body...It was like prophecy. The power of the Spirit of God was so evident that a brother next to me, without us praying for him or touching him in any way, burst forth in another tongue that surprised us all. Nobody coached him or led him. It was all the Holy Spirit! He has been seeking the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. Another spirit? I think not.Believe it or not...

I could tell many more occurrences of the Holy Spirit at work.

We must be careful that disillusionment and scepticism does not quench the God given desires in our hearts for the working of the Holy Spirit in our midst

Blessings,

2017/8/1 7:53Profile

Re: Re

Brethren it has been said that God's controversy with the westetn church in the west is unbelief. We do not believe there is a spiritual realm. A spiritual realm in which the Holy Spirit and the demonics operate. We relegate the spiritual realm to theological abstracts that one learns in a seminary.

Even if personal stories could be told where one has raised the dead in the power of Christ. It would not be believed in this forum. Let us be honest with ourselves we have closet cessationist in who do not believe in the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit to do such things. The holy spirit is reduced to a theological abstract. In their hearts such people believe that the Trinity is Holy Father, Holy Son Holy Bible. The Holy Spirit is nothing more than a theological abstract that's nice to believe.

Our brothers and sisters in the majority nations where the spirit is free to operate understand the spiritual realm. Many of these brothers and sisters themselves were captive to demonic Darkness until the gospel came and miraculous working power to deliver them. Thus our brothers and sisters in the majority nations can very well except the fact that God does heal and that the dead are raised. Because they believe in the spiritual realm where God and the devil operate.

But to us in the west wrbhave been imbued with a Calvinistic theological framework. Such stories to us seem like nonsense. We are the scoffers who Marvel but also perish in unbelief.

Again these are my thoughts.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/1 8:23

Re: A Personal Story

I will share a personal story. I do this at the risk that some of you will mock what I am about to share. I have never raised the dead in the name of Jesus. But what I'm about to share still reveals the power of Christ if one is willing to believe.

I live in a part of the country where tornadoes are quite common. I live on the fringes of what is known as Tornado Alley. Those of you who live in parts of the world may not know what I'm talking about. But a tornado is one of the deadliest storms that can be conceived from the pit of Hell. Though limited in scope a tornado is quite deadly Taking lives and destroying property.

Tornadoes are rated on the fajita scale as 1 through 5. Even an F1 tornado can be deadly. But an F5 tornado is quite deadly with basis of a mile or longer living a swath of destruction that comes through a community. Arkansas and particular Little Rock has seen his share of tornados in recent years.

Springtime is the deadliest time for tornadoes. We take tornado warnings very seriously listening to the weather when storms are predicted. We are close to the National Weather Storm Orediction Center in Norman Oklahoma. Thus when they issue a tornado warning and tornado watch it is taken quite seriously.

Little Rock has a siren system that goes off when a tornado is sighted in our area. It is quite obnoxious but when the siren goes off we are to take cover in a safe part of the house or a safe room.

There was a time when I used to cower in fear when the siren would go off. Praying that God would spare us. There would be times when I would be in an inner room with my heart pounding and fear just praying that the funnel would pass over us. And not do us any harm.

As I begin to understand more of the power in the Spirit the Lord started showing me that Jesus had authority over the storms. I remember one night a series of tornadoes were predicted to come through Arkansas. One night the siren went off and I felt compelled to walk to the back window. I saw the trees whipping around the rain was blowing and I knew that a tornado had touched down somewhere. Because the night was pitch black I could not see a funnel cloud. Even if I could see it I would not want to see it. But the driving rain and the trees whipping back and forth was evidence enough that a tornado was touching down somewhere. That and the siren going off.

I will share that I was apprehensive and a little fearful. But believing the Spirit was in me I raised my hands and said "In the name of Jesus Christ dissipate!" "In the name of Jesus Christ Quiet! Be still!" In a matter of a few minutes the night went quiet. The siren was stilled.

I believe that what I did was of God. I did not raise the dead. But God had put it on my heart to take authority over what was reported the next day a possible F3 or greater tornado. At least got it put it in my heart the cry out for him to dissipate this tornado that it would not harm my home and those who were in it.

I realize there are some in this forum who will dismiss this story as mere coincidence. Some will probably even say that I am outright lying. But I am held accountable to God for what I post. And what I'm reporting to you actually happen as I recollect it from a few years ago.

I could share more stories of God's power. Particularly as it relates to weather. But what I share is one incidence of the power of God that is working if we will choose but to believe you.

But I believe that is the heart of the matter. We simply do not believe.

Again these are my thoughts. But these are not simply my thoughts but what I reported above actually happened.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/1 8:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy