SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Trump Announces Military Will No Longer Allow Transgenders

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Trump Announces Military Will No Longer Allow Transgenders

On Wednesday, President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. Military "will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity," citing the "tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender[s] in the military would entail." The decision reverses the "pro-transgender" policy implemented by President Obama in his final year in office.

"​After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military," Trump wrote in a series of tweets. "Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you."

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2017
....Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming.....

....victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you

The announcement signals the end of the Obama administration's new policy implemented on July 1, 2016, which reversed the longstanding policy of excluding for psychological and medical reasons those who suffer from gender dysphoria, the desire to be of the opposite sex.

After the announcement of the new policy last July, the military stopped dismissing those with gender dysphoria, and on October 1, 2016, began providing the medical treatment, which can include hormone treatment and sex change surgery, for those "transitioning." Phase 2 of the Obama policy was to begin on July 1, 2017, but the Trump's Department of Defense announced hours before the deadline that it would delay the policy for six months in order to further study its potential impact.

2017/7/26 19:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Trump Announces Military Will No Longer Allow Transgenders

It it is obvious that "transgender" individuals are enlisting in the military for the primary purpose of having the government pay for their "reassignment" surgeries. That the govt ever allowed this to go on in the first place is appalling. Thank goodness he wants to put a stop to this practice.

2017/7/27 7:05Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Yes this is something refreshing in the midst of the moral insanity in suing.

2017/7/27 7:14Profile
docs

Re:

Senator McCain, a true American military hero, and Senator Orrin Hatch, a morally upright Mormon, criticized this move by Pres Trump because we shouldn't discriminate. Why would they do this? Am I missing something?

2017/7/27 13:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The idea that they join the military so that I can pay for their reassignment surgery with tax dollars is so ridiculous. It has nothing to do with discrimination it has to do with not allowing people to take advantage of the system. Have your reassignment surgery and THEN enlist for heavens sake. But wait- you have to pay for it then. Never mind.

2017/7/27 14:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I really have a hard time addressing these kind of threads at 65 years old, with the morals I grew up with, so I will just say, these people are sick, really sick, and only God can help them.

2017/7/27 14:48Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Trump Announces Military Will No Longer Allow Transgenders

I Was Once Transgender. Why I Think Trump Made the Right Decision for the Military.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/07/26/why-forcing-the-military-to-pay-for-sex-changes-would-be-disastrous/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT0dRMU16UmhPV0ptTURNeiIsInQiOiIwUkFrYzllYm5ONUJwQVBQMUE0YTRoRzhidEJMQUtnaFBYSXJpMkZJdW1NN0dMZHRcL3NSbW1Odm13Y21Mc2Q0SGhWTFRpdDNPcHZRTlhHQXVjVkRvd3N5bHRLMDlRWVVaWnN6STA3T0VwWEhXOHRMRURPbUZtb05jNXpMZyt3UzkifQ%3D%3D

2017/7/27 14:58Profile
docs

Re:

TMK,

You don't sound so TOLERANT. Maybe you aren't inclusive minded either. It takes a village you know.

2017/7/27 14:59Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

In fact, it is a great mistake that this "reassignement" is called treatement. Because it is nothing but destruction of a human body.

2017/7/27 15:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy