SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : AZUSA NOW REVIVAL CONFERENCE LIVE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Brother Dave,

I have grown up in the Charismatic stream of doing church and still believe in the valid expression of the Spirit and His gifts but I also am put off by the excesses displayed by some of these men and movements.

Only the Lord knows who are truly His and who He saves through the preaching of Jesus, in spite of them, not because of them.

Blessings,

2017/7/25 6:59Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Dave,

The scripture admonishes us to "prove all things and holdfast to what is good." (1 Thess. 5:21).

There will be always those that want to criticize an event like this and attempt to discredit it by bringing forth certain names, but most of the critics did not watch the event, and if you would have you would have seen true repentance and reconciliation taking place.

I do not go along with the most extreme elements of those that are being criticized such as Bethel Church, but I will always be in agreement with my brothers and sisters that have a heart of repentance, and are praying and interceding for revival and awakening to come to our nation.

2017/7/25 13:00Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re: Hello William

Hello Brother William:

I to believe in the gifts of the spirit as you may remember. I do not wish to debate what is genuine and what is not but here is a portion of scripture that I personally take into consideration when it comes to judging a matter or people.

Luke 9:47-50 KJV And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, (48) And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. (49) And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. (50) And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

I recently came across the Azusa Now conference just about a week ago. The reason it came to my attention is because I was told Todd White would be a speaker there and I happen to like what Todd is doing and that is preaching and demonstrating the love of Christ and God is confirming that preaching with signs following.

I watched a good portion of this conference and if I was able I would have attended. But here are the facts.

We cannot let what others do wrongly or ignorantly define who Jesus Christ is.

The believer, if he believes will have signs following his ministry and the foundation of that ministry is love.

I will not defend any of these men and I won't let them define what the word has already confirmed for the believer. Jesus and the word stand alone and need know defense.

I am not saying you are guilty of this whatsoever William, but the when people say that all charismatic expression is null and void because of a few IS throwing the baby out with the bath water.

As I said in another post regarding revival. I am not worried about revival in the church, if we as Christians will walk in the POWER that is already ours and preach the Gospel and share the love of Christ "out there" people will get saved and revival will take care of itself.

Here is an example in my own life. When I was 17 I met my first Born Againers, they shared the love of God with me, and when I got really sick they laid hands on me and I was instantly healed.

I was not a Christian and was opposing their definition of what Christianity was as I was a good catholic. They did not wait till I got saved or accepted Christ to "Do Good", while I was yet dead in my sins and rejecting their Jesus, God healed me.

The moral of my story was, through their expression of unconditional love and demonstrating the power of God through my healing made me take notice of their Jesus.

I like what DMiller shared because he was there and I spoke with him just this morning about his experience. One thing he will confirm is that the anointing of God was present. One of the negatives was the lack of leadership on the floors and in the stands to minister to the people there.

My response to that is/was we shouldn't be relying on the shepherds. Outreaches like this should have Holy Spirit faith filled believers attending such events so that we can minister, pray, and love on one another. It's not the shepherds responsibility, it's the responsibility of the one's the shepherds equip.

I watched one of the episodes from the Azusa Now in LA from last year, episode 1 to be exact. There was a Catholic Charismatic who preached there and he was Italian and needed an interpreter. At the time of his preaching it was undeniable to me that his preaching was anointed of God and I DID NOT KNOW HE WAS A CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC AT THE TIME.

If I had, I would have likely prejudged him and turned it off, but since I did not know I continued to listen. After the negative was brought up about Lou Engle whom I never heard of before last week I decided to do a Google search to see if I to could find the dirt on him.

In my search I found the name of the Italian guy Matteo Calisi and read how Lou Engle kissed this mans feet and that Matteo also kissed Lou's feet as a from of submission/servanthood to one another. As an ex catholic I know all about bowing to kiss the Popes ring, etc.

So I end up looking up Matteo Calisi and I watch one message he gave in a Evangelical church. Just like the Azusa Now in LA message, the anointing was there, he did not mention catholic doctrine, tradition, or the system. He only preached Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

When one is filled with the Holy Spirit, he will discern via the Holy Spirit. It is a given that we should be able to fully discern between the true and the false.

So here is what I shared with DMiller this morning concerning our error in judging by the outward appearance and not by the Spirit.

When I got saved my primary target and goal was to prove how wrong the catholic religion is. As I pondered in the very early hours this morning this man who professes to be a charismatic here is what God said, yes, I said it.

God said we as Christians get pigeon holed through our own self righteous religious pride. When we minister or I should say unminister to catholics we focus on what is wrong with their religion, doctrine, and tradition and something gets lost in the fray. Do you know what gets lost? The catholic, the person. We are so focused in the church today to shoot holes in everything people are doing and not doing and we are missing the people.

When I was witnessed to, the love of Jesus was preached, not one word was mentioned about my sin by the preachers. HOWEVER, my sin was brought before me in my quite time when I was alone by the Holy Spirit and I was convicted and knew I had to deal with my sin.

When I first got saved I was at total odds with my own mother, for years I chipped away at her religion and it got me NO WHERE. One day God said, "What are you doing?" It was a revelation! It wasn't until I quit condemning her religion and just began to focus on Jesus and how much He loved her that God did a quick work in saving my mother. All the years I wasted brings tears to my eyes.

Find me one verse in the New Testament where Jesus preached condemnation or judgement to the lost. He only preached it to the religious and self righteous who were supposed to know better. But for the lost, He came to set the captives free and He did good to them, healed them, and fed them.

William I am not preaching at you and I trust you know that and discern that. I was going to post anyway after brother Daryl shared his experience at the conference.

But here is the end time objective that God has already put into place. He has raised up a people who get the message of the love of God and are empowered by the Holy Spirit.

These people are already in the FIELDS working, sowing, watering, and reaping an end time harvest. More workers will be coming as those who have freely been given will be freely giving.

These people are fulfilling the great commission and God is confirming with signs following. Only the religious will shoot holes in the genuine work of the Holy Spirit.

Again I am not promoting Todd White, Lou Engle, or Azusa Now. But I believe in what they are doing, if it is not of God it will come to nought, BUT, if it is of God what is my motivation to condemn it or overthrow it other than my self righteous puffed up religious arrogant pride?

There was music and things said and done I do not ascribe to at this conference but that is not my problem. I know God is fully capable of working out the bad as I am an example of that work as well as everyone here.

I would encourage everyone here to Youtube Todd White and the specific video titled, "Father of Lights". Todd is a young man who got radically saved and delivered and just happens to believe God. God does many mighty things for Todd's ministry in this video.

Another man I was hesitant to mention here on SI is a man by the name of Dan Mohler who is a traveling itinerant Pastor.

Dan by Todds own words is Todd's spiritual father ( again, it is a term I do not ascribe to and Dan would also deny so don't write me letters). Dan is preaching and demonstrating the end time message. He is out of Pennsylvania and you will never see his itinerary as he will not make it public.

He is an extremely humble man that does not want to be elevated or put on a pedestal. He only speaks in very small churches that are not mainstream that invite him. You cannot contact Dan, speak to Dan, or email Dan.

He is one of a very few men I have been listening to for the past 4 - 5 months now. I have employed his method and pattern ( nothing new by the way, its always been in the bible)and guess what? It works!

So you can write it down. Souls are only going to be saved through preaching and expressing love to the lost and especially the one's who don't appear to deserve it by the naked (religious) eye.

While in the back of my mind the devil wants me to think I have really stirred up a hornets nest by some of the things I have said, I want to challenge you to listen, watch, and discern for yourselves if God is not working with these men.

Again the Focus is GOD, not Dan, Todd, or Robby Dawkins. I will go so far as to say though that I believe Dan Mohler to be a modern day John the Baptist. I like his message, and I am running with it. I know of one dear sister that got to see Dan in April and she said he is as down home humble as they come.

He is a lover of God and his neighbor, so before you pick up your rocks, take a listen first.

One final thought, you can Google anything you want to find dirt on anyone or anything. Whatever you want Google to find or say, either for or against, it is aimed to please.

Don't let Google usurp the authority of the Holy Spirit.

Okay, I am getting off my soap box now, and no God is not in my box, I let Him out a long time ago.

BD

2017/7/25 13:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//When I first got saved I was at total odds with my own mother, for years I chipped away at her religion and it got me NO WHERE. One day God said, "What are you doing?" It was a revelation! It wasn't until I quit condemning her religion and just began to focus on Jesus and how much He loved her that God did a quick work in saving my mother. All the years I wasted brings tears to my eyes//

This is almost exactly what happened with my mother in law. My wife was born again after she met me- she had grown up catholic. After this I would sometimes point out to her all the faults the the RCC and it made her bristle because she had very fond memories or her church growing up. Her mom saw that my wife was different after she left RC but only in good ways. We never bashed the RCC because that would have been destructive. Gradually her curiosity made it possible to share the gospel with her without offending her religious sensibilities.

2017/7/25 14:40Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Brother Mike:

Thank you for your encouraging and uplifting words. I do find your wisdom and counsel a blessing on many matters.

As I mentioned to Brother William, I did watch a good portion of the event both Saturday and Sunday and I agree that there was genuine repentance taking place.

The preaching by many was convicting, anointed, and inspired. When I hear the word of God being preached to an audience that I know contains the lost I am usually overcome with emotion and tears.

To hear the TRUTH and knowing that IT cuts like a knife right to the heart just blesses me when I think about those who are hearing it. I mean really hearing, because if they really hear it will produce a response of brokenness, contriteness, Godly sorrow, and repentance.

While there is rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents, I on the other hand am in tears in a good way for sure.

I also mentioned to William about Todd White, the guy in dreadlocks as DMiller said, he does these conferences called Power and Love. They go to a meeting place and have church, praise, worship, encouragement, etc..

Then, they hit the streets. Restaurants, stores, streets, etc. and the put into practice what they learned. They are just loving people and stepping out in faith.

I was witnessing to a young man at Taco Bell recently, he was a catholic and he asked what the difference was between him and I. The old me would have blown his religion to smitherenes, I just had no desire to go there, he shared some real convictions he has about God and I encouraged him that as He draws nigh to God, God will draw nigh to him.

I left him with several tracts and told him that God loves him. He was really appreciative and would have stayed at my table longer had not some customers come in he had to wait on.

I hope you have a chance to look up the men I mentioned to DMiller and trust you will find it a blessing and uplifting.

BD

2017/7/25 14:55Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Thanks David!

Wonderful to read the passion for the Lord and for people in your words.

We are all influenced by what we see and hear, both positive and negative, and really need discernment from the Holy Spirit, especially in these last of the last days. We must walk in the light we have and pursue love and doing good to all men, while we wait expectantly for our Lord's appearing.
Of course, sound doctrine must be held fast and error refuted, especially among those who publicly declare themselves Christians, and some brethren are more gifted in that way and probably provide balance to us more emotional types 😊

I agree that nothing should distract us from the simplicity of being devoted to Christ and from the task given to us all, to be witnesses unto Him.
As Paul said, some preach Christ from selfish motives, but he didn't care as long as Christ was preached.
" For me to live is Christ and to die is gain"

Blessings,

2017/7/25 16:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Todd White came to a church we attended a while back. I was struck by his passion and faith. He was definitely not your normal Christian guy. Is he perfect on every point of doctrine? I have no idea-- but he does things daily that I am too chicken to do, so I am not going to criticize.

2017/7/25 17:17Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Brother Todd:

What a wonderful testimony regarding your mother in law! Thank you for sharing it as it is very encouraging to see how the Holy Spirit leads and guides us in our ministry to others.

Yes, I agree regarding Todd. His passion is undeniable and he is simply putting legs to his ministry. As I mentioned earlier Todd has his own calling that he is fulfilling. If you get a chance to watch the Father of Lights it will take a couple of sittings as it is nearly three hours long.

I did it in two because once you start watching it is hard to turn off.

Dan Mohler has a number of videos on Youtube and you will know without a doubt his passion for the gospel.

But here is a short testimony from Robby Dawkins regarding his ministry on an airplane, it is a blessing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x-HfwWs6Sk

BD

2017/7/25 19:30Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Amen William! I somehow am not surprised by your response brother we both are as the 120 in the upper room!

I love the unity of the Spirit! God love you brother!

BD

2017/7/25 19:47Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

For information and your further research....

We have been advised on here about a Roman Catholic Charismatic, Matteo Calisi as being 'anointed'. Please check out the following websites (which are not anti, but his own promoting websites). You will see what this is all about. The motive is ecumenical unity between Rome and the protestant church, in particular Rome has identified the Pentecostal movement as the largest christian movement and as such I believe they want to bring them into the RC fold.
You think the Pope and the Roman church will give up their power base??

http://unitedinchrist.com/matteo-calisi/

Here is the next big event they are planning in October with such biblically ignorant false prophets such as Copeland. https://www.kairos2017.com/
Check out the video of Copeland and Calisi together and hear Copeland denounce the reformation.
Other speakers are Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, John Arnott, Mike Bickle, Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann and Lou Engle (yes him again).

It's a gathering of Roman Catholics and apostate evangelical Charismatics. It's the Harlot Church growing in strength!

2017/7/26 6:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy