SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Beautiful Bible imagery by G. MacDonald

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Beautiful Bible imagery by G. MacDonald

Reading George MacDonald, The Curate's Awakening, 1985, p.200 (Phillips, Editor) and came upon some beautiful Bible imagery:
"Our crimes are friends that will hunt us either to the bosom of God or the pit of hell. We are guilty before God - some of us for our sins of the heart...(paraphrase)..just as much as the sins of our deeds. You and I have an equal need to lay our sinful selves in repentance before him that he may heal and cleanse and forgive us. Sin is a matter of kind, not degree.

"It is so true, as the Book says, that all things work together for our good, even our sins and vices. He takes our sins on himself, and while he drives them out of us with a whip of scorpions, he will yet make them work his good ends. He defeats our sins, makes them prisoners, forces them into the service of good, and chains them like galley slaves to the rowing benches of the gospel ship. He makes them work toward salvation for us.

"All sin, whatever the degree, is equal in its capacity to separate us from God's heart of love."

Thought others might find this beautiful, too. I hope I shared in the correct section. The three paragraphs were not consecutive, but all on the last 1 1/2 pages of chapter 33.

2017/7/23 1:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy