SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: "Light shall shine out of darkness"

2 Cor. 4:6 -- For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

There is a good old song:

We have a Story to Tell to the Nations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGLJldNjRM

Edit to add:

Send the Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLaob2knjJY

2017/7/21 3:32Profile

Re:

Jade said:
''''''2 Cor. 4:6 -- For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

There is a good old song:

We have a Story to Tell to the Nations'''''''

Hi Jade,
the scripture and song you shared reminds me of something I heard in the "Revival Hymn Video" years ago. I don't remember word for word, but will do my best to get the message presented.

There was a pastor who wanted to go on a missions trip to Africa because he didn't want those poor lost souls to go to hell. So the pastor went and was shocked to find that the people there were monsters of iniquity....they didn't want to hear the Gospel, and they loved their sin. The pastor then got before the Lord alone in his room. He was angry feeling as though this was all a sham and that he'd been sold a bill of goods. He wrestled with God saying other things,

but then the Lord spoke to him:Yes, they are sinners and they love their sin!! But , won't the God of all the earth do justly? I didn't send you over here for them, I sent you for Me. Don't I deserve the reward of my suffering?

Something for all of us to think about.....and this is coming from a nobody.....
The way the world is going, so sinful, so lost, so deceived....it"s getting darker and darker.... yet God wants the reward of His suffering. He didn't give up on any of us ....and He could. He even gives the harlot in the book of Revelation a chance to repent (even though she doesn't....He still extends that mercy to her) That really says a lot about the love of God. When He says it's not His will for "any man" to perish, He means it. We are to hate sin and not compromise nor conform to the pattern of this world....but we are called to be long-suffering towards those who are lost, or immature....because love HOPES all things, it ENDURES all things, it BELIEVES all things. LOVE covers a multitude of sins. Jesus is love Who died on the cross for a filthy rotten sinner like me.

What IF we extended more grace.....not tolerating sin, but showing the love of Christ. We can't save anyone. It's the work of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps this is where long suffering truly comes in. The work is not finished until Jesus says it's finished in the end. The peace of the Lord Jesus be with you all.

2017/7/21 11:00
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Sherri,

Would love to see the Revival Hymn Video if you can find it.

2017/7/22 3:13Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

“Yes, they are sinners and they love their sin!! But, won't the God of all the earth do justly? ***** I didn't send you over here for them, I sent you for Me. Don't I deserve the reward of my suffering? *****”

Amen, Sherri.

The Lord Jesus certainly is entitled to the full reward of His suffering.

John 1:29 - Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of ***** the world! *****
1 John 2:2 - He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of ***** the whole world *****.

The Lord Jesus came to save SINNERS!

Mark 2:17 -- Jesus said to them, ***** "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." *****

THIS is the great authority that the Lord gives to the people He sends out:

Matt. 28:17-20 -- And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore........ I am with you always, even to the end of the age

THIS is the mighty power of God by which the worst sinners will be saved:

Paul was worst of all sinners (1 Tim. 1:15).

Acts 1:3-4 -- ……suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"

And Paul was instantly changed and became the man who said, “But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ” (Phil. 3:7-8).

Dan. 6:27 - He delivers and rescues and performs signs and wonders In heaven and on earth…..

THESE are the numbers that will be saved:

Rev. 7:9 -- After these things I looked, and behold, ***** a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues *****, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands…..

THOUGHT:

John 20:21 -- as the Father has sent Me, I also send you

John 3:16-17 -- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
***** For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him *****.

So, accordingly, God has not sent us into the world to judge the world
***** but that the world might be saved through Christ *****.

Do we have the love of God in our hearts that moves us to desire to save all the sinners in the world as God does?

ANOTHER THOUGHT:

Matt. 25:41-46 -- 41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [e]take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Jesus is our Bread of Life, our Robe of Righteousness, our Redemption and Sanctification, the Truth that sets us free, our All in all. Are we giving Jesus to the stranger, the naked, the sick and the prisoners? Or, are we mercilessly beating them for not delivering the quota of bricks to be made without straw (Ex. 5)?

James 2:13 -- For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all (2 Cor.13:14).

2017/7/22 3:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The Revival Hymn: https://youtu.be/vuo-jeXW6xI

2017/7/22 8:46Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Sister Sherri, that portion you quoted is my fav preacher- Paris Reidhead and it's actually from (arguably the best) sermon "Ten shekels and a shirt"
Hope you get a chance to listen to it in its entirety:)

Sister Jade,
Here's the "revival hymn" containing that excerpt which you will find round 19 min mark...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5dJHtMTSg

2017/7/22 9:03Profile

Re:

Thank you, Jade, for sharing the scriptures. You pointed out many good things to ponder.

Thank you, Todd and Fletcher for sharing the Revival Hymn Video. It is a powerful message.

Fletcher, I'm not sure if I've heard Ten Sheckles and a Shirt, but will look into it.

God bless you all,

2017/7/22 11:10

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy