SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The Wikipedia article on the tritone is one of the most complex things I have tried to read. Whoa!

2017/7/17 10:44Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

I have no problem with drums and guitars if the music is good and uplifting.

2 Sam. 6:5 - Meanwhile, David and all the house of Israel were celebrating before the LORD with all kinds of instruments made of fir wood, and with lyres, harps, tambourines, castanets and cymbals.

1 Chron. 15:28 - Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the horn, with trumpets, with loud-sounding cymbals, with harps and lyres.

Ps. 150:3-6 - Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre. Praise Him with timbrel and dancing; Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe. Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with resounding cymbals

2017/7/17 10:58Profile
jochbaptist

Speaker quotes

A good amplifier covers a mutitude of sins. - Art Katz
An electric guitar is a backslidden harp. - Len Ravenhill
;)

2017/7/17 11:31Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

As long as the church is sincere in what the're doing to bring in the lost sheep, I don't think God cares how we get them in and saved, just get them in and saved. I'm 65 and I don't personally like churches stuck in the 50's, but that's just me. I like churches that sincerely aggressively go after the lost sheep, God commanded us to do so, but I haven't seen any particular instructions/methods on how, if you have please post them. :-)

2017/7/17 11:31Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I tend to agree Bill, I think.

The worship leaders quoted in the OP explained why they do it which is along the lines you mention. Post modern unsaved teens will not be drawn to the old hymns. Of course there are exceptions but this is generally true.

If church is viewed as outreach it makes more sense. If church is viewed as a meeting place for believers, it makes little sense.

2017/7/17 11:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Todd, I agree with every word you said, 100%

2017/7/17 11:46Profile
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

Debates like this always make me smile. I took a group of students from my church to Forward Conference this year. It was my first time. Literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in lights and props. The line up was Hillsong United, Bethel Worship, Andy Mineo, and Free Chapel Worship. God did some awesome things there in myself personally and in some of my students. Five years ago I would have thought every person in that arena was going to hell because of the lights and music they were playing. Really??? 13,000 students with their hands lifted worshiping God and tears flowing down their face are going to hell because of a fancy light show or they use the lyrics of a Justin Beiber song to make a point about God??? That literally makes no sense.

2017/7/17 14:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Joshua, I love what you said, and if we haven't figured out by now God does things everyday that make no sense, we're in a heap of trouble. :-)

2017/7/17 16:16Profile
proudpapa

Re:

From Parenting, to Bible translations, to clothing, to music, and everything in between : the Church used to influence the culture.

Now the church does not influence the culture, instead it is influenced by the culture, in all of the above and more.

2017/7/17 18:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I think one needs to be careful in justifying the use music that appears to bring people to the LORD.

I have a question about this: have they repented of sins? are they pursuing a holy lifestyle? or, was this just an emotional thing?

In the OT we read how God used a donkey to challenge a disobedient prophet but no one that I know of would call the animal holy. I am also aware that God can use all kinds of means to bring people to himself where the vessel itself does not know the LORD.

Seems to me we should be very careful what we justify if it appears to be something that is working. Jesus says in Matthew 7:21-23:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Sandra

2017/7/17 18:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy