Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : AGREEING WITH GOD by Carter Conlon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 AGREEING WITH GOD by Carter Conlon

As Christians, we tend to spend a lot of time praying, “Please, Lord, do this” or “Please, Lord, do that.” We are constantly asking God to initiate something. “Please bring my son or daughter home. Please give me a better job.”

Now those are good and valid prayers. However, there are times when God chooses to initiate something on His own, and all He is looking for is someone who will agree with Him — someone who will not only pray, “Please, Lord” but “Yes, Lord!”

For example, through the prophet Ezekiel, God said, “I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one” (Ezekiel 22:30). This was a time when God had already initiated mercy, and He was just looking for somebody to agree with Him. Unfortunately, when society reaches a condition much like ours today, it is a lot easier to come up with reasons as to why judgment should come. However, what if God is willing to be merciful, and He is simply seeking for some among His people who will say, “Yes, Lord”?

I do not want to spend all my prayer life on the “Please, Lord” side. I want to live on the “Yes, Lord” side and find out what my part is! “Yes, Lord, what do You want me to do? Yes, Lord, how do You want me to do it? Yes, Lord, what do You want me to say? Yes, Lord, where do You want me to go?” “Yes, Lord” must be our prayer today!

2017/7/15 6:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: AGREEING WITH GOD by Carter Conlon

"I do not want to spend all my prayer life on the “Please, Lord” side. I want to live on the “Yes, Lord” side and find out what my part is!"

Amen Brother Conlon! There is much confusion within the Church today, because we are either trying to do what God can only do, or we are misinterpreting what our part is, believing that God is going to do it all apart from us.

God has done His part. "It is finished". Now we have to do our part, agreeing with God, believing and receiving His Word and promises, and then being obedient to what He has told us to do. God's promises are conditional, such as this:
"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."
(Mark 11:24). God will give to His children whatsoever they ask in accordance to His will if they believe that they receive. In other words it is by grace through faith that the promises of God are obtained.

2017/7/15 11:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy