SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Glory Bee!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
beekpr

Glory Bee!

Here is a story to break from the usual line of topics. One morning recently I felt a strong yearning to sense the presence of God as I was in prayer. I shared my longing with the Lord.
Later that day I went to my workshop to make some alterations to a canoe trailer which was to be used for a trip that the men of our church were planning. I heard a buzzing sound in a large maple tree outside the shop but failed to see the source when I looked up. I proceeded to work in close proximity to the tree when I heard a distinct hum above me. I looked up again to see what I had missed before. A cluster of bees was hanging on a branch but was now proceeding to leave the cluster to organize into a swarm. What a disappointment for me! They had already made up their minds about where their home would be and were now preparing to go to the new residence - too late for me to capture them. Had I seen the cluster earlier I would have attempted to get them for my hives even though the task was rather daunting in view of where they were hanging. However, I did not dream of God's agenda for the next moments.
I called our daughter who was in the house with my wife - she loves to work the bees with me and I correctly assumed that she would want to view the spectacle. She bounded from the house to join me as we watched them complete the swarm formation and ascend to the sky above. Then, they slowly began to move past our house towards the bee yard nearby.
The previous day Maria, our daughter, had cleaned out a hive in which the bees had died during the winter and thoroughly scraped the frames, evicting a mouse family in the process. The swarm stopped above the hive, and we could scarcely believe our eyes as to what happened next. They began to descend upon the hive and clustered upon it.
There was one hitch - Maria had blocked the entry to discourage unwanted tenants. I gingerly walked through the swarm and removed the block - a few bees benignly landed on me but no stings. Usually bees are fairly docile while swarming and these were true to tradition.
They entered the hive and happily took possession of their new home. After viewing the marvel before us, Maria an I walked back to the house, worshiping the One Who had arranged that we witness such a grand procession in its entirety! How this grand spectacle of nature was personalized was a witness to God's individual interest in the least of His children when they seek Him!
I was to speak in our church last Sunday evening, giving a portion of my spiritual journey in the talk. I believed that God had a message that I was to give and I was praying about how to present it. This was my answer - what I had witnessed was an allegory in real life. Had I seen the swarm before it began to disperse, I would have taken matters into my own hands and not given God the opportunity to demonstrate His glory. I could have badly messed things up - even if all would have proceeded on plan it would not have gone nearly as well as when God took over. This is the message to the Church - we have taken God's work into our own hands with our tradition, protocol, techniques etc. and prevented Him from demonstrating His glory! May He have mercy on us and bring us to repentance! May we learn to be totally dependent on Him!
We managed to get a few photos - you can contact me via email if you wish to see them. [email protected]

David

2017/7/13 9:00Profile
leyoung

Re: Glory Bee!

This is a BEE-utiful testimony of God's ever glorious ways. Thank you for sharing, David!
L

2017/7/13 9:38Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks David!

What a blessing

2017/7/13 9:53Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

What a lovely illustration of God's ways!

2017/7/13 16:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy